Confirmed Trade: [FLA/VAN] Olli Juolevi for Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Canucks fans said that injuries have ruined his mobility, right?
I'm struggling to think of a struggling prospect who left a team (due to injuries) and was able to bounce back elsewhere.

Lots of the know it alls say it wasnt because of injury..... If you look at his injury history to pretty safe to say that they took a toll on his pivoting

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Canucks fans said that injuries have ruined his mobility, right?
I'm struggling to think of a struggling prospect who left a team (due to injuries) and was able to bounce back elsewhere.
Hip surgery, typically a very long recovery. My guess is eventually he will do well.

conditioning was an issue in camp. He rubbed players the wrong way by coming in out of shape.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau
- Bennett - Tippett
Duclair - Lundell - Hornqvist
Thornton - Luostarinen - Vatrano

Forsling - Ekblad
Montour - Weegar
Juolevi - Gudas

Knight
Bobrovksy

Bolded are lottery picks. Blue are top 5 picks.

Reactions: Laus723

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Guessing one for one with Juulsen. Optics for that seem pretty bad though since Juulsen was just on waivers. Maybe they didn't want the optics of Juolevi on waivers. Who knows.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
His ability to pivot is below average at an AHL level. He gets beat wide by the likes of Lucic. I don’t know if he can overcome such an inhibiting weakness
Ankle, knee and hip injuries put him from a top skater to a bottom skater. He still has a good hockey IQ, pass and decent shot. Also really good on the PK.

Reactions: hn777

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Juolevi has good defensive instincts and I can see him becoming a solid 3 pairing guy if his mobility continues to recover from his injuries. This was supposed to be the year though.

Vancouver's prospect pool (and their asset management though...) sheesh.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Guessing one for one with Juulsen. Optics for that seem pretty bad though since Juulsen was just on waivers. Maybe they didn't want the optics of Juolevi on waivers. Who knows.
Both Juulsen and Lammikko are gonna be on waivers tomorrow. If the rumor is true that the Canucks are looking at waivers for a C and RD, then here, have both.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Even if it's for Lammikko which makes sense, that's a bad move. Lammer is a good depth call-up and plays playoff style hockey.
There is no such thing as a bad move when the pieces are so small lol. Lammikko is an extra F and we have plenty of those. We lack depth at D. While Juolevi looks to be kind of cooked, well that's what they said about bennett right?

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Q loves dman who can make that long pass.

Other then that doesn't have many other strengths.

Injuries are the likely culprit for lack of mobility, but he has been disappointing since drafted. London fans were disappointed by him in his draft+1 and his Finnish coaches questioned his commitment among other things in his draft+2. The injuries then followed

Reactions: hn777

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
There is no such thing as a bad move when the pieces are so small lol. Lammikko is an extra F and we have plenty of those. We lack depth at D. While Juolevi looks to be kind of cooked, well that's what they said about bennett right?

Not even remotely the same situations. Juolevi hasn't been an nhl caliber player for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad