Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] F Anton Lundell re-signs with the Panthers (6 years, $5M AAV)

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I believe it, but they have to find a bigger role for Lundell than 3rd line C

He has a high ceiling and it shouln’t be limited
He's getting 16min a game and had more toi per game in the playoffs than Bennett, if only by few seconds. IMO that's fine for now and the team has been doing great. I'm sure he'll become 2C at some point.

Reactions: harv33173

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Benny is 100% getting signed, our whole identity stems from him.

I do agree that the desire is to re-sign Bennett and continue to enjoy elite depth at center (paying for it with value contracts at the blue line), but all it takes is one GM who says "I want to get tougher" to price him out of town.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When he is deserving of the 2C role, it will be his. Maurice is a good coach.

& that’s my point

One day he will be that and with Bennett also extended I’m not sure how the top6 will look like

Lundell is a pure C

Something would have to go really wrong for Lundell not grow out of his current role& Zito needs to find a way to invest on defense

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
& that’s my point

One day he will be that and with Bennett also extended I’m not sure how the top6 will look like

Lundell is a pure C

Something would have to go really wrong for Lundell not grow out of his current role& Zito needs to find a way to invest on defense
Bennett would be moved down to 3C in that case. I'm not sure what the problem is. We're gonna have a lot of cap opened up next summer, especially with the cap going up again, and especially in 2026 with Bob's contract ending. Plenty of money to spend on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad