Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Adam Boqvist signs with the Panthers (1 year, $775k)

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
At the age of 23 many European defenders don't mature until after that age. Do I need to explain Hedman and Chara to you?

Signing a player to league minumum who is still young and was the 2nd best prospect in the draft is stupid? You can bury him in the minors for nothing.

And you think that mentality after 13 years of losing would change.

Florida is the Stanley Cup winner signing him, does that make the Stanley Cup winner stupid too or is that different?

Sabres fans - Sure we lost 13 years in a row and who cares if its basically a free asset, the Stanley Cup winner sure is stupid signing him.

Thats right I forgot, we got Kyle Clague, a defender no one else wanted. He isn't a turnstile.
Boqvist needs PP time, which makes sense for Florida since they lost Montour on the backend and didn't have a replacement for him on the PP. They also lost OEL, who I believe filled in on the PP for Montour this past year at times.

Boqvist obviously wasn't going to steal that job from Dahlin.

Boqvist isn't a guy you want to depend on to play top-4 minutes in the NHL, so I can see where the poster you were replying to is coming from

Reactions: Leafshater67

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
People said the same about us losing gudas and staal lol
I wonder how people were laughing in the OEL thread when we signed him

I dont see our defense falling off the cliff, even to start the season last year without ekblad and montour we did really well when most expected us to seriously regress.

Boqvists injury history worries me though, but we have 3 other guys who could take his spot in a pinch.

Forsling-ekblad
Mikkola-Boqvist
Kulikov-Schmidt
Bjornfot, Ballinskis, Megna as extras

Not world beaters but it seems solid to me, Kulikov was an absolute monster in the finals
I think it’s Mikkola-Schmidt
Kulikov-Boqvist

This will be fine I thimk

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Boqvist needs PP time, which makes sense for Florida since they lost Montour on the backend and didn't have a replacement for him on the PP. They also lost OEL, who I believe filled in on the PP for Montour this past year at times.

Boqvist isn't a guy you want to depend on to play top-4 minutes in the NHL, so I can see where the poster you were replying to is coming from
He needs PP time and he needs to be able to play consistently.

In Columbus, it was new coach -> just getting used to the system -> injury -> new coach -> just getting used to the system -> injury.

I think he can be a solid #4 guy and PP QB. His skating is not great and he doesn't have much strength/size. But his vision, passing, and shot from above the dots are good.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So the Tampa Tax Loophole has spread to other teams. Ground breaking. Just wait until the jealous canadian and original six markets start saying you cheated and your cups don't count because of Florida being free of state taxes and covid is still running around. Good Signing for the Panthers. Probably replace OEL stats. Schmidt has been on the decline, but probably will have a decent season.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

Do you know how to read? I said Dahlin to mentor him not steal his job.

Boqvist could have easily been a 7th defenseman with a path to work himself into the lineup but now we have Kyle Clague so we are set.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
At the age of 23 many European defenders don't mature until after that age. Do I need to explain Hedman and Chara to you?

Signing a player to league minumum who is still young and was the 2nd best prospect in the draft is stupid? You can bury him in the minors for nothing.

And you think that mentality after 13 years of losing would change.

Florida is the Stanley Cup winner signing him, does that make the Stanley Cup winner stupid too or is that different?

Sabres fans - Sure we lost 13 years in a row and who cares if its basically a free asset, the Stanley Cup winner sure is stupid signing him.

Thats right I forgot, we got Kyle Clague, a defender no one else wanted. He isn't a turnstile.

Clague is like the 9th defenseman on our depth chart. He's fine in that spot. Chill.

Reactions: Irie

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
So the Tampa Tax Loophole has spread to other teams. Ground breaking. Just wait until the jealous canadian and original six markets start saying you cheated and your cups don't count because of Florida being free of state taxes and covid is still running around. Good Signing for the Panthers. Probably replace OEL stats. Schmidt has been on the decline, but probably will have a decent season.

It is becoming a bit ridiculous - as if multi-millionaires are not able to tax plan... Although I will happily take the "Sunshine Loophole" and ability to go to the beach/ride golfcarts every day [well, tropical storms aside]. Will never feel guilty about that one. Sucks to be you, Canada ;)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad