Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Adam Boqvist signs with the Panthers (1 year, $775k)

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Now we just need Brady Tkachuk to have the most pair of siblings ever on one team
and keith tkachuk in net
1720531758260.jpeg

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
This guy couldnt get a one way deal? Thats wild, he is exactly what they need, could be Montour all over again. Was he that bad last year in Columbus?
Too many injuries lead to not enough defensive game improvement.

The potential is there but not remotely healthy enough

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
People said the same about us losing gudas and staal lol
I wonder how people were laughing in the OEL thread when we signed him

I dont see our defense falling off the cliff, even to start the season last year without ekblad and montour we did really well when most expected us to seriously regress.

Boqvists injury history worries me though, but we have 3 other guys who could take his spot in a pinch.

Forsling-ekblad
Mikkola-Boqvist
Kulikov-Schmidt
Bjornfot, Ballinskis, Megna as extras

Not world beaters but it seems solid to me, Kulikov was an absolute monster in the finals

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Of course Florida signs him. I wanted him in Buffalo with Dahlin to mentor him but sabres fans said that was stupid.

So he will go to Florida and mature there and will turn into a top 4. The rich get richer.

It would be stupid for Buffalo.

Boqvist really is one of the weakest defenders in the league, he just gets turnstiled. That's the last thing the Sabres need.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
It would be stupid for Buffalo.

Boqvist really is one of the weakest defenders in the league, he just gets turnstiled. That's the last thing the Sabres need.
At the age of 23 many European defenders don't mature until after that age. Do I need to explain Hedman and Chara to you?

Signing a player to league minumum who is still young and was the 2nd best prospect in the draft is stupid? You can bury him in the minors for nothing.

And you think that mentality after 13 years of losing would change.

Florida is the Stanley Cup winner signing him, does that make the Stanley Cup winner stupid too or is that different?

Sabres fans - Sure we lost 13 years in a row and who cares if its basically a free asset, the Stanley Cup winner sure is stupid signing him.

Thats right I forgot, we got Kyle Clague, a defender no one else wanted. He isn't a turnstile.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I hope he can stay healthy. He was showing some progress in Columbus last year when he was able to play. He needs PP time and limited 5v5 minutes as he still has a bit to do in his own zone. Good low risk deal. Columbus simply couldn't continue to pay him $2.6MM or whatever it was based on his value and availability at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad