OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pokemon GO for me gets me out walking.

I'd go for about 3-4 hours walking around at times just going all over my small town. Only came home because my battery was dying.

Also, if you're walking alot get Cashwalk as you can get coins and turn that into gift cards. I've been using it for about a week and have over 1100 coins. You need 2250 to get a 5 dollar gift card.

Yeah, it's not a lot, but considering before just walking was just good for your health, now you can get some gift cards for games for the winter!

Lastly, I missed out on a bowflex elliptical for pretty much free because I forgot to message the person last night who just wanted it gone and had it fairly cheap, but was going even cheaper and ended up giving it away to a friend.

f***.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Used to like to play year also but when the kids got older and started to have their own activities, had to cut out some things in the summer time. Still had softball, soccer and lacrosse though and suffered through the start of a hockey season come fall. The sticks are CCM jetspeed pro composite @ 250 per when buying volume. Not saying I regret getting them but am disappointed how easily they break.

I just bought the prostockhockeysticks Red line. It is honestly an amazing stick for the price. Can't believe I didn't know about that site. They're going to be my go to store from now on.

As far as training goes, I'm in one of my best periods yet. I just need to tweak my diet a bit and I'll be in business. One thing I've lost over the years was my enjoyment of weightlifting. But it's back. The reason is I've adapted it to my age, objectives and restraints. Like I said though, I need to site down and make myself a good diet plan.

Reactions: habbubba

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Slow down you crazy child
My reaction to this
IMG_20240913_120928_255.jpg

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pokemon GO for me gets me out walking.

I'd go for about 3-4 hours walking around at times just going all over my small town. Only came home because my battery was dying.

Also, if you're walking alot get Cashwalk as you can get coins and turn that into gift cards. I've been using it for about a week and have over 1100 coins. You need 2250 to get a 5 dollar gift card.

Yeah, it's not a lot, but considering before just walking was just good for your health, now you can get some gift cards for games for the winter!

Lastly, I missed out on a bowflex elliptical for pretty much free because I forgot to message the person last night who just wanted it gone and had it fairly cheap, but was going even cheaper and ended up giving it away to a friend.

f***.
I've missed good deals too.

Going to check out Cashwalk. I walk everyday but only about 3-4 miles a day. About an hour a day

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I just bought the prostockhockeysticks Red line. It is honestly an amazing stick for the price. Can't believe I didn't know about that site. They're going to be my go to store from now on.

As far as training goes, I'm in one of my best periods yet. I just need to tweak my diet a bit and I'll be in business. One thing I've lost over the years was my enjoyment of weightlifting. But it's back. The reason is I've adapted it to my age, objectives and restraints. Like I said though, I need to site down and make myself a good diet plan.
I checked the site, very reasonable and intriguing. Is there a showroom or something where it's possible to get a feel for the product? I'm pretty particular about test-feeling certain equipment, might be to OCD in me.

Proper nutrition is obviously important to overall good health. Fortunately I can get away eating sensibly and indulge as I want due to the way I've approached fitness and health since childhood. No heavy weights but just enough to have strength to maintain my physique and focus more on endurance, speed, maneuverability which encompasses plenty of cardio. Good luck with your pursuits.

I visited basically the whole of Vienna in a day, that requires steps.

My feet are disgusting right now from all the walking and Muay thai training.
WWT! you from Montreal right, and you went all the way to Vienna to take a walk for one day? that's wild! Even when my friends and I were young and crazy don't recall doing something so unorthodox. Sure we may have taken off spur of the moment and drove to Florida non-stop for spring break, but we stayed for a week. Hats off!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It was a Billy Joel reference that nobody in here got and I'm not even mad, I'm disappointed.

By next update I want to see you chop that tiny guy in half with a side kick.

Of course it was but how else an I going to show off my kicks?

And I'm pretty sure Ken could kill me in a matter of seconds.

Man, I hope you don't have anger issues because that kick with that size could kill.

Funny enough, I told my trainer I lacked power in my kicks and he replied "No power big man" and looked at me with a very warm smile.

I asked him to do bag work exclusively for kicks after so i spent 30 minutes just chopping the big bag while he corrected me.

I checked the site, very reasonable and intriguing. Is there a showroom or something where it's possible to get a feel for the product? I'm pretty particular about test-feeling certain equipment, might be to OCD in me.

Proper nutrition is obviously important to overall good health. Fortunately I can get away eating sensibly and indulge as I want due to the way I've approached fitness and health since childhood. No heavy weights but just enough to have strength to maintain my physique and focus more on endurance, speed, maneuverability which encompasses plenty of cardio. Good luck with your pursuits.

WWT! you from Montreal right, and you went all the way to Vienna to take a walk for one day? that's wild! Even when my friends and I were young and crazy don't recall doing something so unorthodox. Sure we may have taken off spur of the moment and drove to Florida non-stop for spring break, but we stayed for a week. Hats off!

I had the opportunity to do a 12h layover in Vienna on my way here, and having never touched European soil I decided I'd do the most I could. Beautiful city.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

No, no showroom that I know of unless you're in Ontario. They're basically 400$ sticks though at 110$ at the moment. I was a bit skeptical but now that Ive tried, I'm only buying from them from now on.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
is that the thai chicken tikka?
It’s a type of curry. There’s red, yellow, green and panang. There are different ways of spelling it but we’ll go with Panang.

Panang is more expensive here so a lot of Canadian restaurants will add some filler to it. But pure Panang curry is amazing. It’s similar to red curry (it’s actually a variation of it) but it has some additional herbs and they add peanut to the sauce. It’s thicker and has a different taste. Basil is usually added as well as coconut milk. The peanuts adds some salt to the taste.

Khai means chicken. Hence Penang Khai. Traditionally served with jasmine rice and no vegetables. Some places will add red pepper or cream beans or both. Others will have cucumber and tomato as a garnish… Traditional Panang is made with beef (apparently) but I’ve always liked the chicken better.

Last edited:

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
No, no showroom that I know of unless you're in Ontario. They're basically 400$ sticks though at 110$ at the moment. I was a bit skeptical but now that Ive tried, I'm only buying from them from now on.
Live in Quebec but get to Ontario a handful of times over the course of a year. Next time going I'll do some investigating, sounds good though, merci!

I had the opportunity to do a 12h layover in Vienna on my way here, and having never touched European soil I decided I'd do the most I could. Beautiful city.

WWT! A 12 hour layover? that sucks in my book. When I'm going somewhere, I want to get there asap. Saw some other posts here, what on earth compelled you to go to Thailand during monsoon season? It's the worst time of the year to go there, very bizarre. Storm chaser?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
@Lafleurs Guy I just finished a Phanang. Pretty good. It's like Khao Soi but without the pickles and crispy noodles.

Live in Quebec but get to Ontario a handful of times over the course of a year. Next time going I'll do some investigating, sounds good though, merci!

WWT! A 12 hour layover? that sucks in my book. When I'm going somewhere, I want to get there asap. Saw some other posts here, what on earth compelled you to go to Thailand during monsoon season? It's the worst time of the year to go there, very bizarre. Storm chaser?
Thailand is a pretty vast country with diverse offering and the monsoon doesn't hit the same every where at the same time. So far I've only gotten bad weather in Krabi and I've stayed here 3 days. It rains 15 minutes and then it's sunny 1 hour.

A 12h layover with activities beats a 3 hour one in my book but to each their own. Plus it allows you to ease into the time zone much better.

This is also the only time I could take 3 weeks off and my girlfriend too and I wanted to train Muay thai a bit.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
@Lafleurs Guy I just finished a Phanang. Pretty good. It's like Khao Soi but without the pickles and crispy noodles.

Thailand is a pretty vast country with diverse offering and the monsoon doesn't hit the same every where at the same time. So far I've only gotten bad weather in Krabi and I've stayed here 3 days. It rains 15 minutes and then it's sunny 1 hour.

A 12h layover with activities beats a 3 hour one in my book but to each their own. Plus it allows you to ease into the time zone much better.

This is also the only time I could take 3 weeks off and my girlfriend too and I wanted to train Muay thai a bit.
Awesome.

See if you can spend some time in Koh Samui while you’re there. Great beach.

You can take a boat from there to the Full moon Hat Rin party too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Going to Koh Samui right this moment! Spending the last 8 days of our trip there. We're going to relax mostly, with 2 muay thai classes a day. Not sure I'll do the full moon party.
I didn’t do the party. It’s a giant rave but has become heavily policed in recent years. There are also stories of cops extorting cash from people. And if you’re caught with anything you can wind up very quickly going to a Thai prison.

So just enjoy the beach!

Reactions: Mrb1p

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
really into Horse Stance lately

try to do once/twice per day. been two weeks since i started trainng. make it to 1:40 consistently now, i think 2:15 is PB

it's a good one to do when you have 5 mins between meetings or something, if you're a WFH sucker like me

Reactions: Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad