OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
There's nothing quite like the feeling you get after a good run outside.

I despise cardio but the endorphins high you get after running a 5K is unmatched by pretty much any kind of cardio I've tried in the past.

I just sit on the curbside in front of the house for minutes after just enjoying the moment. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy 🤣

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I despise cardio but the endorphins high you get after running a 5K is unmatched by pretty much any kind of cardio I've tried in the past.

I just sit on the curbside in front of the house for minutes after just enjoying the moment. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy 🤣

You need to try fight sports, you'll know another level of endorphin release. You get a crazy high that... f*** I don't know if I should say this but, is reminiscent of sexual climax. (Sigh, not that I would know anything about that)

A good BJJ roll or a few rounds of sparring will have you sit in the car looking out the window as if time stopped. Nothing like it.

With that said, I'm going on a short run right now.

Reactions: Kents polished head

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You need to try fight sports, you'll know another level of endorphin release. You get a crazy high that... f*** I don't know if I should say this but, is reminiscent of sexual climax. (Sigh, not that I would know anything about that)

A good BJJ roll or a few rounds of sparring will have you sit in the car looking out the window as if time stopped. Nothing like it.

With that said, I'm going on a short run right now.

I did boxing a few years ago. It's actually pretty darn satisfying too I'll give you that.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

I lay on the floor for 10 minutes in agony but that sounds cool too

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

100%! All that oxygen increases circulation and releases endorphins, plus you feel good about pushing yourself. I feel great after a run, no matter how long. Used to have a 10K route; nowadays I only do between 3 and 5K, but the effect remains the same.

To be clear – the 'high' only happens once I stop. Not sure about you, but while I'm running it's pure work.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
100%! All that oxygen increases circulation and releases endorphins, plus you feel good about pushing yourself. I feel great after a run, no matter how long. Used to have a 10K route; nowadays I only do between 3 and 5K, but the effect remains the same.

To be clear – the 'high' only happens once I stop. Not sure about you, but while I'm running it's pure work.
Nah, when I run it's pure work.

Reactions: Lshap

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Just bought these two bad boys for the home gym and tried them in a Back Workout just now.

10/10 would buy again.

Once you try a set of MAG Grips on pulley exercises you don't want to go back.

Attachments

• 20240616_155053.jpg
    20240616_155053.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 1

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just bought these two bad boys for the home gym and tried them in a Back Workout just now.

10/10 would buy again.

Once you try a set of MAG Grips on pulley exercises you don't want to go back.
You got a pulley system at home? love those grips and I really miss a pulley system. Gotta find a way to get one.

Last edited:

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You got a pulley system at homemade love those grips and I really miss a pulley system. Gotta find a way to get one.

Been thinking about getting a set for a while and when I saw the popping up I immediately bought them.

Somewhat of an impulsive buy but after trying them I'm happy to have pulled the trigger.

And yeah, pulleys are great for back training especially. I also love cable crossovers as an accessory.

I bought this monster two years ago now;

Lockdowns kind of slightly made me lose it.

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
You got a pulley system at home? love those grips and I really miss a pulley system. Gotta find a way to get one.
Got a squat rack? I just bought one of the Bells of Steel pulleys that you attach to the top bar, gets the job done pretty well

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Have a few variations of those at my gym. Absolutely love them.

Yeah the reknown brand is MAG, but there are a few versions available here and there that are not quite the real thing but are almost exactly similar.

Those York ones I thought felt exactly the same.

A lot of commercial gyms don't have them and quite ironically they're the first ones I would buy if I owned a gym.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I’ll have to double check on the actual number (think 5 total) but we definitely have three models of the MAG style; two like yours and one wider grip. I do think they are the actual MAG brands.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Been thinking about getting a set for a while and when I saw the popping up I immediately bought them.

Somewhat of an impulsive buy but after trying them I'm happy to have pulled the trigger.

And yeah, pulleys are great for back training especially. I also love cable crossovers as an accessory.

I bought this monster two years ago now;

Lockdowns kind of slightly made me lose it.
Wow that's a monster rack lol.

Lockdown also made me lose it lol. I am never going back, at least not fully.
Got a squat rack? I just bought one of the Bells of Steel pulleys that you attach to the top bar, gets the job done pretty well
Yes, but only a half rack as I have no space in the garage for a full one. Unsure how I could fit one.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

What a great idea. I'm now rummaging through that web site and writing up ideas. I want to upgrade my gym in the coming years, but before that I have financial goals I want to achieve. The pulley would be a great Christmas gift though.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What a great idea. I'm now rummaging through that web site and writing up ideas. I want to upgrade my gym in the coming years, but before that I have financial goals I want to achieve. The pulley would be a great Christmas gift though.
I got a much cheaper rack from a local store but the BOS accessories are great. Really high quality stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad