Series Talk: First Round: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
It was somewhat comforting to see that 4 of 6 "experts" on ESPN picked the Isles as the Number 4 seed to go deepest into the playoffs, although one said that none of the #4 seeds would win the first round.
Just about every model shows PIT at 62% favorites, so yeah, that makes sense.

Pittsburgh Penguins (1) vs. New York Islanders (4)

61.9%. 38.1%

PIT_NYI_21-1-750x270.png

pit_nyi-750x457.png

E1b-oJFXEAMbM6s

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I really think the Wild and the Panthers are gonna surprise people. I don't know if the Wild will beat Vegas, but playoff MAF is unpredictable. I think the Panthers will beat the Bolts though. The North is the easiest to predict though. It'd be a real shocker if the Leafs or Oilers didn't win their 1st round matchups.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Angrrus

May 24, 2017

Well shit. What happened to "We don't anticipate any issues going forward."

This lazy idiot just doesn't feel like playing for real any more. Didn't care to show up the first half of the season, was out the second half, and now this. What a waste of 9,5 mln of cap space.

Even if he ever plays these series, he will play like crap, like he always does the last few years, and all the fanboys will scream "Cut him some slack, he has a bum knee!!!!!!!"
Complete useles lazy moron.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
So It looks like Geno won’t be in probably until game 3 or 4. Whatever, rest him as much as it takes, he will get hurt in the first game back anyways. They will have to this one without him. f***ing Tinrodi

F*****ing lazy idiot Malkin, seeking any excuse to not play like he is supposed to.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
This lazy idiot just doesn't feel like playing for real any more. Didn't care to show up the first half of the season, was out the second half, and now this. What a waste of 9,5 mln of cap space.

Even if he ever plays these series, he will play like crap, like he always does the last few years, and all the fanboys will scream "Cut him some slack, he has a bum knee!!!!!!!"

This is a joke right?

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
More in-depth analysis because I guess that's important;

Geno, if he plays, needs to not be a detriment.

Geno is a detriment whenever his performance and output are below 9,5 mln cap hit standard. We could find a much better use that cap space.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Looks like Mike Milbury is still unemployed. Too much time on his hands.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
This team will (and has shown that it can) win without Malkin. The PP did not need him for most of the year. I wish him to get better and near 100% before coming back, but he didn't look it from what I saw.

He is a waste of 9,5 mln of cap space

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
There's discussion to be had on the subject without the awful delivery, imo.

Is it in the team's best interest to re-sign an aging and oft-injured Geno? I personally don't think so, not at the price he'll command (and get), but I don't think it really matters because this team's going to hand him like a 3-year $24 million deal next summer. You're not going to get a good return for a 35 year old Geno coming off of a bad knee injury--especially if/when he has surgery this summer.

May as well start preparing yourself now.

One issue is how Geno has been utilized. Like Sid he needs help now. He tries to do to much when he doesn’t trust his line mates. That’s been true his whole career.

Sid’s job is much easier with Jake and rust. Geno needs guys he trust and do the dirty work so he isn’t in bad spots. Zucker and him don’t fit and it’s no coincidence, malkin was playing better when zucker got we out. If Malkin had a Kunitz like player on his left wing he would be in way less vulnerable spots. It’s why I wish they would try tanev there.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
One issue is how Geno has been utilized. Like Sid he needs help now. He tries to do to much when he doesn’t trust his line mates. That’s been true his whole career.

Sid’s job is much easier with Jake and rust. Geno needs guys he trust and do the dirty work so he isn’t in bad spots. Zucker and him don’t fit and it’s no coincidence, malkin was playing better when zucker got we out. If Malkin had a Kunitz like player on his left wing he would be in way less vulnerable spots. It’s why I wish they would try tanev there.
You're not going to be able to afford to give both of your top centers, top wingers. That's just the reality though. If Geno can't make it work with Kap + 1, that's just too bad. /shrug Luckily, when healthy, I think Geno+Kap is just fine. I'd really like to round that line out, like you said, with a different type of guy than we have available currently. Hyman, Coleman, and even Bennett would probably be fantastic on line 2.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You're not going to be able to afford to give both of your top centers, top wingers. That's just the reality though. If Geno can't make it work with Kap + 1, that's just too bad. /shrug Luckily, when healthy, I think Geno+Kap is just fine. I'd really like to round that line out, like you said, with a different type of guy than we have available currently. Hyman, Coleman, and even Bennett would probably be fantastic on line 2.

I didn't see anyone say Malkin can't make it work with Kap + 1. Just "not Zucker".

Last edited:

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh

Lol shut up dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad