First coach fired next season

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
You're right. He's not.

There's certainly nothing that would make you a bad human being for trying to keep a lid on one of your players being sexually assaulted by one of your coaches, in the interest of disrupting what could be your only chance at a cup.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
The only POS of a human in this case is brad aldrich. People like you Look for a scapegoat to point fingers at and say he should of done more.

I dont see anyone calling Jonathan toews pos? Everyone seems to be so happy for Patrick Kane for signing his new contract.

Point your finger at aldrich, where it belongs, and quit trying to place blame on everyone else.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
The only POS of a human in this case is brad aldrich. People like you Look for a scapegoat to point fingers at and say he should of done more.

I dont see anyone calling Jonathan toews pos? Everyone seems to be so happy for Patrick Kane for signing his new contract.

Point your finger at aldrich, where it belongs, and quit trying to place blame on everyone else.
Toews is absolutely a POS for publicly defending dirtbags like Bowman and Quenville, both of whom belong in prison for criminal negligence.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Oh believe me, Toews and Kane are assholes too.

Okay, it's only Aldrich's fault. Let's make excuses for the guy who backed covering it up because he was so afraid he'd never win the cup again.

f*** Quenneville. And f*** whoever hires him. And I'll be sure to put them on blast when it happens.

And f*** Bowman too.

Let Quenneville go collect his social security check. He's old enough to collect now. He'll probably get the maximum draw. Let Bowman go work as a custodian somewhere.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DeBoer. It always happens year 3.
It doesn't always happen in year 3. Sometimes year 4.

He went after year 2.5 in Vegas, but they fired Gallant in year 2.5 also. Though Gallant also sucks and I'm pretty sure of that now. He went after year 3 in Florida. It was during year 4 in both New Jersey and San Jose.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
maybe lalonde in detroit if they get off to a slow start. i get the sense yzerman fully expects the wings to make the playoffs this year.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Could very well be anyone, nobody had Woodcroft as the first to go last season

Odds though point to it being someone like Mike Sullivan or Derek Lalonde

It's a bit wild to me that Sullivan misses the playoffs twice and was retained, I feel like he has to go at some point
He's one of the worst head coaches that's coached in the league this decade. Guy is f***ing terrible. If Ottawa was smart they wouldn't have hired that jackass in the first place. He was like the first hire of the offseason, and there were still plenty of people available. We already knew he sucked in Vancouver, then we saw whatever that was in New Jersey for 21 games.

I can't think of too many coaches worse than him who have been head coaches in the last decade. There's probably several guys who were just interim head coaches and there to coach out the rest of the year, much like he just did in New Jersey.

Maybe that idiot Freddie's brother Ralph in Buffalo. He was terrible, but that's what you get when you hire some guy that runs a football club in Europe to be your NHL head coach.

Doug Weight was pretty bad too. He hasn't been a head coach in the league or even an assistant since, I don't believe? And then you got Dave Cameron and Adam Oates, but that's getting to be about a decade or over a decade ago for Oates.

That said, Quenneville is a POS of a human. I wouldn't want either of them as my head coach. One guy sucks as a coach, the other guy sucks as a person.
Green hire low key ruined my anticipation for the upcoming season

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Green hire low key ruined my anticipation for the upcoming season
If I had fallen asleep and went into hibernation during the Green hiring, but was somehow awakened by the Ullmark trade, I would have thought ''Man, the Sens may actually be a dark horse to be pretty good this year'' until someone told me ''Yeah, but they hired Travis Green to be head coach''.

I hated when the Devils hired him to be associate coach last year. The difference from the Green Canucks to the Boudreau Canucks that same season was insane. They got better in every metric, other than goaltending, which was fine before Green was fired. That's just how bad they were under Green that they somehow went 8-15 (or whatever) with better than average goaltending under Green that year. Then the Devils had their best goaltending of the season when Green was interim head coach thanks to the two deadline acquisitions, yet still finished several games below NHL 500 under him because they got worse at everything else and the good goaltending was negated by the suck that is Travis Green.

I'm surprised the guy lasted as long as he did in Vancouver. The bubble playoffs bought him some time. I remember when the covid shortened season was coming to a close (Which was a playoff miss yet again for the Green coached Canucks) and there were reports that Ron Francis and Seattle were very interested in hiring Travis Green as the first head coach for the Kraken if the Canucks didn't hurry up and extend Travis Green, who was a lame duck coach. They extended Green before he could become a free agent, only to fire him and the guy who hired and re-signed him about 2 months into the next season.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Sullivan or none will be fired this year

Cooper and Bednar are both keeping their job for sure, and I don't see Rod the bod getting the axe either

After that, I think that the 4th or 5th longuest tenured coach is like, St-Louis? Who was hired in 2022?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Spencer Carbury
Kind of an interesting one, since he just made the playoffs with a pretty weak roster that wasn't really playoff caliber.

But I think we've all seen coaches get fired out of nowhere, who we really didn't expect. And it was always Lou who was doing the firing.

Reactions: DaveG

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sullivan or none will be fired this year

Cooper and Bednar are both keeping their job for sure, and I don't see Rod the bod getting the axe either

After that, I think that the 4th or 5th longuest tenured coach is like, St-Louis? Who was hired in 2022?
Lalonde was hired in 2022. And he seems like a favorite right now. There were reports that he was gonna get sacked if Detroit missed the playoffs, but they didn't fire him. I'm thinking only because they missed the playoffs on a technicality and tiebreaker, and by exactly zero points.

Other than him, St. Louis, Cassidy, Torts, DeBoer, Maurice, Richardson and Montgomery were all the class of 2022 hires. All of them but St. Louis were hired in the 2022 offseason. St. Louis came in before all of them in February of 2022.

Cassidy won the cup. Cup finals appearances in both years and one cup win for Maurice. The Flyers aren't supposed to be good, but Torts had them overachieve and stay alive for most of the season last year. Habs and Hawks aren't supposed to be anywhere near good, so I think St. Louis and Richardson are at least safe through the duration of the year. Conference finals appearances in both years for DeBoer. Dallas would probably have to be really bad and hit a real snag for him to go in-season.

Montgomery could be a dark horse to be on the hot seat. I could see any one of those guys going at the end of the season, other than Maurice and probably Cassidy, but I don't feel like many of them are a threat to be fired in-season, other than Lalonde. That could all change at some point.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
If I had fallen asleep and went into hibernation during the Green hiring, but was somehow awakened by the Ullmark trade, I would have thought ''Man, the Sens may actually be a dark horse to be pretty good this year'' until someone told me ''Yeah, but they hired Travis Green to be head coach''.

I hated when the Devils hired him to be associate coach last year. The difference from the Green Canucks to the Boudreau Canucks that same season was insane. They got better in every metric, other than goaltending, which was fine before Green was fired. That's just how bad they were under Green that they somehow went 8-15 (or whatever) with better than average goaltending under Green that year. Then the Devils had their best goaltending of the season when Green was interim head coach thanks to the two deadline acquisitions, yet still finished several games below NHL 500 under him because they got worse at everything else and the good goaltending was negated by the suck that is Travis Green.

I'm surprised the guy lasted as long as he did in Vancouver. The bubble playoffs bought him some time. I remember when the covid shortened season was coming to a close (Which was a playoff miss yet again for the Green coached Canucks) and there were reports that Ron Francis and Seattle were very interested in hiring Travis Green as the first head coach for the Kraken if the Canucks didn't hurry up and extend Travis Green, who was a lame duck coach. They extended Green before he could become a free agent, only to fire him and the guy who hired and re-signed him about 2 months into the next season.
Yeah out of all the options available, Green seemed like the absolute worst option

I have not heard one NJ or VAN fan say anything good whatsoever

The rumor was the Sens were targeting Mike Sullivan (Martin connection) but he was never available

They spoke with Berube but sounds like he didn't really want the gig

Fair but anyone would have been better then Green though, Claud Julien was even asking for the
job lol

Green was also handed a 4 year deal, I have no idea what kind of leverage he had to negotiate that

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Cronin if the ducks start to tank again.. PV put a lot of faith in him and at times last year.. he had no awnsers. Well see

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
It doesn't always happen in year 3. Sometimes year 4.

He went after year 2.5 in Vegas, but they fired Gallant in year 2.5 also. Though Gallant also sucks and I'm pretty sure of that now. He went after year 3 in Florida. It was during year 4 in both New Jersey and San Jose.
As I said we are due, Cassidy will hit 2.5 years this season :laugh:

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The Flyers aren't supposed to be good, but Torts had them overachieve and stay alive for most of the season last year.

This is my thinking on why Torts is the frontrunner for this year’s first axe. He coached “too well” last season and set too high a bar that it will be easy for his superiors to detect a perceived regression.

Unless Michkov absolutely blows the doors off, or their young goalies find Vezina-level competency and consistency, I just don’t think they’ll be able to match last season’s pace. And as a result I think he’s the most vulnerable for a firing.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
The Stars limp out of the gate and fire DeBoer. Then hire Quenneville and make the Cup finals.

Book it :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad