First coach fired next season

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Mike Sullivan to the Rangers really feels like something that’s destined to happen. I’ve been feeling that for quite a while.

If Sullivan was fired this offseason, It felt like it was probably unlikely for Laviolette to be fired after one season, unless the Rangers missed the playoffs altogether.

If Sullivan is fired this coming season or offseason then that sets up Sullivan to the Rangers.

The Sullivan situation defies logic. He should have been fired lonnnnnng ago. Dubas, though, is bringing in everyone from Toronto other than Carleton the bear. So you have to think he will make a change behind the bench as well.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
After the season. That seems to be the trend with coaches with this group.

First season: deep playoff run
Second season: uninspiring exit in the first

More or less explains laviolette's typical run with an NHL team too in the sense he comes in guns blazing but when it falls, it falls hard and fast.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Mike Sullivan to the Rangers really feels like something that’s destined to happen. I’ve been feeling that for quite a while.

If Sullivan was fired this offseason, It felt like it was probably unlikely for Laviolette to be fired after one season, unless the Rangers missed the playoffs altogether.

If Sullivan is fired this coming season or offseason then that sets up Sullivan to the Rangers.
He wouldn't last as long in New York as he has in Pittsburgh

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

James Dolan does indeed like paying people based off past accomplishments.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Paul Maurice... after Florida starts the season 0-15 with the biggest Stanley Cup hangover ever.

Then again, Maurice won't get fired, he will just walk out on the team.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
He's one of the worst head coaches that's coached in the league this decade. Guy is f***ing terrible. If Ottawa was smart they wouldn't have hired that jackass in the first place. He was like the first hire of the offseason, and there were still plenty of people available. We already knew he sucked in Vancouver, then we saw whatever that was in New Jersey for 21 games.

I can't think of too many coaches worse than him who have been head coaches in the last decade. There's probably several guys who were just interim head coaches and there to coach out the rest of the year, much like he just did in New Jersey.

Maybe that idiot Freddie's brother Ralph in Buffalo. He was terrible, but that's what you get when you hire some guy that runs a football club in Europe to be your NHL head coach.

Doug Weight was pretty bad too. He hasn't been a head coach in the league or even an assistant since, I don't believe? And then you got Dave Cameron and Adam Oates, but that's getting to be about a decade or over a decade ago for Oates.

That said, Quenneville is a POS of a human. I wouldn't want either of them as my head coach. One guy sucks as a coach, the other guy sucks as a person.

Is he? Care to explain?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is he? Care to explain?
You're right. He's not.

There's certainly nothing that would make you a bad human being for trying to keep a lid on one of your players being sexually assaulted by one of your coaches, in the interest of disrupting what could be your only chance at a cup.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad