Speculation: First big trade?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Won't report it but your flaming now. I guess everyone ends up being defensive in the end but you probably think it's only others that should get that treatment. You are not that type right? :sarcasm:

Give it up. No "explanation" will make you look good between trying to justify Celebrini as a better fit than Bedard. Regardless of size or skill or style or whatever you can come up with. Bedard is better in all ways.

You know why. If you don't, do you need an "explanation"?
Incorrect in all ways.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Even as a Sharks fan it’s hard to say one way or the other. Celebrini has played one game. And was injured for that game. Celebrini looked fantastic don’t get me wrong but still has to prove he is better than Bedard.
I mean even beyond the "better in all ways" comment, his post is wrong in so many ways. I totally accept that many would value Bedard more highly. It's not outlandish to suggest Celebrini is better in some aspects of the game, nor to suggest he's a better fit for the Sharks long term. If we didn't already have Smith and Eklund, maybe we'd be having a different discussion.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean even beyond the "better in all ways" comment, his post is wrong in so many ways. I totally accept that many would value Bedard more highly. It's not outlandish to suggest Celebrini is better in some aspects of the game, nor to suggest he's a better fit for the Sharks long term. If we didn't already have Smith and Eklund, maybe we'd be having a different discussion.
Yeah I mean I totally agree with you don’t get me wrong. I think Celebrini will be the much better two way player with Bedard being the better offensive player. I’d also prefer to keep the guy whose family lives in the Bay Area that played for the junior Sharks and that seems very happy here already. There’s definitely external factors than just the on ice play.

Thing is though, this is HF boards. Everything is in a vacuum and dominated by big teams and/or East coast bias. Sharks are on too late and are too irrelevant right now for anyone to stay up and watch their games. You and I know Celebrini looked stellar in his first game and that he has looked great in preseason and rookie faceoff or whatever other offseason games he played in with so many different names that are all super similar.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah I mean I totally agree with you don’t get me wrong. I think Celebrini will be the much better two way player with Bedard being the better offensive player. I’d also prefer to keep the guy whose family lives in the Bay Area that played for the junior Sharks and that seems very happy here already. There’s definitely external factors than just the on ice play.

Thing is though, this is HF boards. Everything is in a vacuum and dominated by big teams and/or East coast bias. Sharks are on too late and are too irrelevant right now for anyone to stay up and watch their games. You and I know Celebrini looked stellar in his first game and that he has looked great in preseason and rookie faceoff or whatever other offseason games he played in with so many different names that are all super similar.
Yep agreed. I'm happy to just sit back and watch how this plays out. We have a spectacular player on our hands - a future "do it all" #1C and we have zero reason to trade him.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad