Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

kingsfanman

Jul 24, 2010
The Mayor
mayor-mccheese.jpg

works for a clown.

View attachment 897797
Independent journalist: F
John "The plan is on track" Hoven: B- 🤡

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Independent journalist: F
John "The plan is on track" Hoven: B- 🤡
Him saying that drafting Byfield “forced their hand” into signing Danault to a lengthy expensive contract that wouldn’t have made sense before the draft has to be in the hall of fame of all-time Mayor takes. It’s right up there with the claim that PLD wasn’t ready for a mega-deal in 2024 because he was playing on the Blue Jackets instead of the AHL as an 18 year old.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I talked to Luc directly and he said Fagemo would get a chance. He also said the plan was to play "4 kids" this year.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think they'll give Fagemo some games, not like what they see, and bench him.

In my uniformed opinion, it seems like there's a chance Ziemmer could make the team.
Considering Luc's age, are we sure he doesn't consider Kopitar, Doughty, Lewis, and Kuemper kids? :sarcasm:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
it's funny that "kids" are now guys on their second contract

Byfield and Clarke both turn 22 before or during this coming season. That’s the same age Doughty was when he won his first cup in 2012.

Kaliyev, Turcotte, Thomas, and Spence will all be the same age as or older than Kopitar was.

Doughty is older than Willie Mitchell and Rob Scuderi were.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
and the response?
You’re holding out on us and it’s honestly kind of bullshit bro.
I actually have our whole conversation recorded. So I had to go back and listen to make sure I've got it exactly right.

Me: "A lot of fans think that because you're friends with Brisson, that it influenced the Dubois trade. Is there any truth to that?"

Luc: "No (chuckles). There's no reason...I mean if anything...then we wouldn't have signed him to that money. He didn't do us any favor. It had nothing to do with a friend."

It's a broken sentence, but that's what he said. I don't think he got what I was implying since he's probably unaware of how the issue is being discussed online.

I didn't push him any further on it. I was kind of embarrassed to be asking about the conspiracy theory.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
He did say they check out what's being said online. But it's surprising to me he knows about the Brisson discussion.
It's been pretty impossible to escape.

EDIT:

I should be clear I have no idea how much Robitaille is aware of or how much time he personally spends scouring the internet but yes... there are plenty of people who are totally aware of the online discourse.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It's been pretty impossible to escape.

EDIT:

I should be clear I have no idea how much Robitaille is aware of or how much time he personally spends scouring the internet but yes... there are plenty of people who are totally aware of the online discourse.
I think the Brisson discussion only exists on the fringes of LA Kings fandom. I could be wrong, but I rarely see it talked about outside of here.

I will say they came off as very sensitive to my complaints. Which makes me wonder...

I also got the impression that ownership very much cares about the Kings.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I actually have our whole conversation recorded. So I had to go back and listen to make sure I've got it exactly right.

Me: "A lot of fans think that because you're friends with Brisson, that it influenced the Dubois trade. Is there any truth to that?"

Luc: "No (chuckles). There's no reason...I mean if anything...then we wouldn't have signed him to that money. He didn't do us any favor. It had nothing to do with a friend."

It's a broken sentence, but that's what he said. I don't think he got what I was implying since he's probably unaware of how the issue is being discussed online.

I didn't push him any further on it. I was kind of embarrassed to be asking about the conspiracy theory.
Why not push. I wouldve folllowed up with: who scouted him and have you fired that person? Im half serious.. it just seems there's no accountability in the org. Some heads shouldve rolled with the Cal signing as well... to me it points to pro scouting deficiency.. who is in charge of pro scouting (vs draft scouting)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Why not push. I wouldve folllowed up with: who scouted him and have you fired that person? Im half serious.. it just seems there's no accountability in the org. Some heads shouldve rolled with the Cal signing as well... to me it points to pro scouting deficiency.. who is in charge of pro scouting (vs draft scouting)
There's a difference between criticizing someone online and actually doing it when you're talking to them in real life. Especially when they're taking time out of their day to talk to you.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There's a difference between criticizing someone online and actually doing it when you're talking to them in real life. Especially when they're taking time out of their day to talk to you.
Agreed. Thats why I said half serious.. and in the end, the person we target as objectionable is usually wrong - the contempt should always go a level above.. e.g. slamming Koala, really should slam Blake.. Slamming Blake we really should be slamming Luc.. when it comes to Luc its AEG who is not holding his org accountable. That where is my ire is focused. Luc seems to have way too much involvement with the GM/team operations vs staying on the marketing side. The whole thing is strange w Bergovin involved and him being a buddy of Luc and hanging around while Blake is the GM..And the results of the last 8 years have been an undeniable failure... its a results business and they objectively have failed miserably in the last 8 years.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Read the first three paragraphs and ran into one word missing (contract/extension), and then the Wild "aquiring" and not "trading" Fiala in 2022...

So this is the state of "journalism" huh? Do better. I expect better. It's not that difficult.
That's 100% the state of journalism. Shocking statements for shares= more click

Somewhere Les Nessman is twitching uncontrollably

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Byfield and Clarke both turn 22 before or during this coming season. That’s the same age Doughty was when he won his first cup in 2012.

Kaliyev, Turcotte, Thomas, and Spence will all be the same age as or older than Kopitar was.

Doughty is older than Willie Mitchell and Rob Scuderi were.
I don't even want to think about how old that makes me. I mean, I know, but I don't want to be reminded.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I honestly don't see how either are that comparable. Sure, arguably both trades shouldn't have been made and you can argue that the most valuable piece given up between the two is Faber and that trade helped solidify a trajectory down the wrong path for the team coming from the rebuild; however, the PLD trade was essentially trading Sean Durzi (the 2nd we traded was the only compensation we got from trading Durzi), Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, and Kupari for worse than absolutely nothing - a black hole in cap space that required a bad contract swap to get rid of, and it was telegraphed from the moon.

Say what you want about Fiala, he is a hell of a player and arguably our most skilled and best scorer. Would it be nicer to have Faber locked in for a decade instead at this point? Sure, but the Kings' biggest problems haven't been defense for a while. It has been scoring and goaltending. Fiala is still very valuable. We have absolutely nothing of value to show for the PLD trade. Fiala is arguably a top 3 winger on any team in the league, well except for the Kings :P

Ad

Ad

Ad