Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I can’t in good conscience support this site. Besides the fact it’s optimized like crap, the global mods are the worst so i just can’t do it.

Just get a mobile ad blocker.

You have to deal with constant “PLEASE DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER” pop ups, but it’s far more manageable than the ads/paying the site.

Message boards like HF are a relic of Web 1.0 anyway.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Just get a mobile ad blocker.

You have to deal with constant “PLEASE DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER” pop ups, but it’s far more manageable than the ads/paying the site.

Message boards like HF are a relic of Web 1.0 anyway.
Can you recommend me one? Thanks. In pm so maybe there isn’t an infraction for some reason

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
re ads.. its the posters that create the content that makes the site valuable and attracts other posters.. That is free capital posters give to the site that they monetize... I think the better posters should get compensated.. like no ads.

Reactions: Omni Owl

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
re ads.. its the posters that create the content that makes the site valuable and attracts other posters.. That is free capital posters give to the site that they monetize... I think the better posters should get compensated.. like no ads.
And shitty posters should have to pony up, too. Hope surf nutz has been saving

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It stopped the ads but made the refresh issues much worse on mine. My devices and iOS versions are up to date. It’s crap between the site and the tech that it’s so bad.
Works ok for me most of the time. I often see goals scored in the live game threads before I see them on my Apple TV stream. It could be about where you’re located, US vs overseas.

Reactions: Statto

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Not to get everyone's hopes up, but you guys should take a look at all the names that are set to become free agents next summer.

It is quite possibly the deepest list of names that could potentially be available in the open market.

Now, I'd like to think that the team is leaving themselves enough room to take a run at one of the top names available, but we've seen how historically bad the organization has been in signing free agents, so probably best not to set ourselves up for disappointment.

For those curious as to how deep the 2025 crop of free agents is, here's a link:
While the best thing is other than Richards we should be penalty free. I hope Blake just leave space this year to eat all the bonuses that the younger players will get if they reach them so there’s not any penalties for bonuses next year.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
The offensive side of Doughty's game is trash. He can't or won't just make a quick outlet pass. This destroys any transition & what's the point of having fast skaters on the team if you can't get them the puck in stride.

The PP suffers from having Doughty "run" it. Durzi showed what could be instead of what has been.

Doughty can defend all right, but he hasn't made a big enough difference to win a playoff round in the last decade. King's are better off Dumping Doughty & spending part of his 11M on someone that can defend & give other people opportunities that are wasted on #8.

Edit: King's aren't winning another cup in the remaining time of Doughty's contract. What does it matter if he's moved.?

Doughty was 19th among defensemen in points and 8th in goals last season. You think that is "trash"?

For reference Durzi was 35th and 39th, while being significantly worse defensively.

It just is odd to single him out.

Last edited:

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Doughty was 19th among defensemen in points and 8th in goals last season. You think that is "trash"?

For reference Durzi was 35th and 39th, while being significantly worse defensively.

20 points on the PP for Doughty, vs 16 on the PP for Durzi.
Doughty shouldn't be running the Kings PP and yeah, the Kings have better options to play those easier minutes and Drew can play additional time SH and at Even Strength.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Doughty ($11 in real money/year) 3 year
For
Trouba ($6 real money) 2 years
Kakko
Rempe
1st maybe more.

Trouba is trending down, but physical & saves King's 33-12= $21,000,000
Kakko around a second
Rempe is fun, not worth much
Couple of late first for next GM to rebuild.

Probably throw in guys that probably hit waivers anyways.
Dont think either team does that especially New York, i would do it myself as Trouba nasty against oilers would something to watch. Probably have to add a Kaliyev and no way that they would include a 1st

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Doughty is great and under appreciated, but I'd like to seem his ask for a trade to hopefully force LA into a rebuild.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

DD pts/60 5x5 is 144th amongst D (min 700 minutes). EDIT: incorrect he was 65th. All situations he's 40th. I think he's paid 5th highest in the league.. so value-wise DD contract is very sub par. Compare to someone like Makar. Source: moneypuck

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
DD pts/60 5x5 is 144th amongst D (min 700 minutes). All situations he's 40th. I think he's paid 5th highest in the league.. so value-wise DD contract is very sub par. Compare to someone like Makar. Source: moneypuck

100%....next we should compare McDavid.....and Barkov.......

I mean Jesus Christ, can we at least keep the player comparisons somewhat similar?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
It's honestly wild to me that some are complaining about Doughty's contract when we will be paying Gavrikov 6 million and Edmundson 4 million next year. We are worried about cap space when it comes to him? We need him off of the team? Do people really think the team would be better without him?

I am not sure if this is a serious question.
A man demands the salary of a star NHL defender but is not able to contain opponent top players.
This is not only his missing abilities, it's the fact that he demands the team build to around him for
a beyond ridiculous cup run.
Even the guys from Ancient Aliens would call his claims questionable.

Of course we are better off without him.
What's the downfall.. not being able anymore to contain opponents top players?
Not winning the cup anymore?
The top brass not building around an delusional core?

Last edited:
Reactions: BaileyFan

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Doughty is great and under appreciated, but I'd like to seem his ask for a trade to hopefully force LA into a rebuild.

I don't disagree with this, it might have been wise to go for a full rebuild if they were going to fire Dean/Sutter. The issue is that Blake and Luc took over with the promise of cup contention, so they absolutely couldn't go down that path. My only gripe is the people on here who seem to have an absolute abject hate for him(and Kopitar), I mean calling his offense trash is just ridiculous.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
DD pts/60 5x5 is 144th amongst D (min 700 minutes). All situations he's 40th. I think he's paid 5th highest in the league.. so value-wise DD contract is very sub par. Compare to someone like Makar. Source: moneypuck

Did you place any TOI restrictions on your pts/60? Wanna know who the top 5 skaters in P/60 in the NHL are if you don't? Chibrakov, Dach, Labert, Ponamarov, Del Bel Bulluz.

Even if you want to say he is over paid, by how much? Would you like Doughty at 7 million?

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I am not sure if this is a serious question.
A man demands the salary of a star NHL defender but is not able to contain opponent top players.
This is not only his missing abilities, it's the fact that he demands the team build to around him for
a beyond ridiculous cup run.
Even the guys from Ancient Aliens would call his claims questionable.

Of course we are better off without him.
What's the downfall.. not being able anymore to contain opponents top players?
Not winning the cup anymore?
The top brass not building around an delusional core?

If your argument is they would be a worse team in the near term, but potentially better in the long run, then I agree. Also, as a side note, I don't know what demands you are talking about, but if it is him saying he wants to win, then I have to disagree with your assessment. I hope the players on the team want to win and hate sucking, but I guess you would rather have more PLD's around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad