Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I know most of us are blaming Blake, but this Edmundson signing has Bergevin's tentacles all over it.
Nothing I’ve seen indicates that Bergevin is anything more than another nepo hire with Luc wanting to keep his buddy gainfully employed in a useless job. Blake was hot for both PLD and Edmundson for years.

Bergevin has also won at least one playoff series as GM, something Blake will never do when all is said and done.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Maybe something will change this summer and Kaliyev will be put into a position to succeed. It would go a long way in helping our roster.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Foegele - Danault - Moore
Jeannot - Thomas - Laferriere
Lewis

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

I know it doesn't look like we got better, but I think the PLD addition by subtraction will go a long way, and hopefully a bit of the grit that Jeannot and Edmundson can bring might energize the group. If Kuemper can get back to looking like an NHL goalie in front of what should be a much better defensive group than Washington (LA gave up 215 goals, Washington gave up 257), we might be in decent shape. Talbot went from an .893 SV% to a .913 SV% and Rittich went from a .901 SV% to a .921 SV% from last year to this year.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Maybe something will change this summer and Kaliyev will be put into a position to succeed. It would go a long way in helping our roster.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Foegele - Danault - Moore
Jeannot - Thomas - Laferriere
Lewis

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Edmundson - Spence
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

I know it doesn't look like we got better, but I think the PLD addition by subtraction will go a long way, and hopefully a bit of the grit that Jeannot and Edmundson can bring might energize the group. If Kuemper can get back to looking like an NHL goalie in front of what should be a much better defensive group than Washington (LA gave up 215 goals, Washington gave up 257), we might be in decent shape. Talbot went from an .893 SV% to a .913 SV% and Rittich went from a .901 SV% to a .921 SV% from last year to this year.
Always thought a Fiala-Turcotte-Kaliyev line would work. Turcotte has a motor can hunt pucks, Fiala can create space on his own and Kaliyev can find soft areas to shoot. It would also be a good way for Kaliyev to use his big frame to screen goalies and score some dirty goals around the net its an element he can add to his game he would actually be good at.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Always thought a Fiala-Turcotte-Kaliyev line would work. Turcotte has a motor can hunt pucks, Fiala can create space on his own and Kaliyev can find soft areas to shoot. It would also be a good way for Kaliyev to use his big frame to screen goalies and score some dirty goals around the net its an element he can add to his game he would actually be good at.

Kaliyev was absolutely absurd with Moore-Danault as well...i mean if they actually plugged him into a consistent top 9 spot that would be amazing

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kaliyev was absolutely absurd with Moore-Danault as well...i mean if they actually plugged him into a consistent top 9 spot that would be amazing
Yea he was playing well there. I understood them wanting to get Fiala going by putting him there though. I didnt understand why Kaliyev took so much heat for his play when Laf, Grundstrom, JAD and Fiala all did just as bad on the Dubois line. It kind of spiraled so quickly and when he did get back in the lineup for a couple shifts a game it seemed like he was in his own head too much. He could have been due a nice raise on this contract and instead still has no future with a club.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fun tool from the "By The Numbers" board

basically re; drafting LA is awesome, Lombardi is awesome, and Blake sucks a bag of dicks. It's obviously not perfect but it jives with many other evaluation tools whether they go by GP, points, or other adjusted criteria PLUS more importantly it fits my confirmation bias so suck it

1719976689776.png

1719976718655.png

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
To break the nausea induced by the LAK front office decisions.. i submit this interesting question (Edit: we should do one of these w LAK players and execs)

1719982769651.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad