Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Also Doughty isn't getting taxed $5.4 million a year by CA. It's around $1 million. Doughty is taking home roughly $800k a year more than Hedman if we aren't doing the "tax rate in other states he plays in" game that I don't have time to figure out.

Hedman took that rate just because he didn't want to leave a place more than any tax benefit.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm saying that the difference between their take home per year at the same contract rate is about $800k a year. While that's a lot of money to us, I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference to guys worth 10's to 100's of millions of dollars especially when it means moving your family (or moving away from your family) to a brand new place.
800K over the course of 8 years is 6.4M.

I think it matters. But how much it matters varies from player to player.

Anytime you're moving somewhere for work, there's many factors to consider and taxes is one of them.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
yeah, definitely needed polish.. a place where you can get that polish? the AHL. he didn't get better through the season, he got the same. 1-3 shots per game, usually a -1 or even. shoulda been dead easy to send him down around the deadline like "hey, welcome to the big leagues, here's some stuff to work on" while giving nuclear white hot fagemo his chance

they pissed away that chance cause he's not waivers eligible any more, so yeah we're gonna see a lot of him in his current state

"NHL isn't a developmental league" as some around here like to say when it comes time to trash other players

I think they wanted Fagemo in their back pocket in case they lost an offensive player and were worried they wouldn't have space and he would face waivers on the way back down to the AHL.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Hey, No forward thinking allowed. You do what Luc and Marc tell you what to do.
It really sucks for Kings fans to be at the mercy of incompetent management and there is nothing that can be done till ownership truly sees what's going on , but so far they have hsd no interest in that as of now, unless the Kings miss the playoffs and that's 9 months away.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I am not even mad anymore. This team is always putting the horse before the cart.

The future of our franchise has not got a contract yet we are signing an overpaid 6th Dman to an inflated contract.

We have lack of scoring forwards, aging goaltending and a depleted prospect base yet we had to get that cherry on top done.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Edmundson for Risto! (3 years 5 mill)
Who says no!!! There the big right shot for the PP!

Also, we need MacD back!!!!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Blake uses the word "character" with these signings. But he traded and got PLD last year that is the total opposite of character.
Because he thought he could:

1. Simply accumulate soft talent
  2. Run out subpar goalies because soft talent won't take too many penalties
  3. Hopefully win the special teams battle by a large margin
  4. Profit
2nd in the league in PK% last year but, again, allowed like 50% or something silly to Edmonton while also putting out a super anemic power play, although Edmonton's PK was something else in the playoffs.

There is a little bit of the post-Vegas series here with the thought process of needing more scoring by "going to the hard areas". Post-Vegas was just more scoring in general, but this time it feels more like changing the mindset. Will guys go to harder areas if they feel "safer". Will there be guys in the locker room now that hold other guys accountable for being soft?

It's just more Blake being reactionary and steering hard into it. Now, the team definitely needed more grit, but it has needed it for awhile and now he hasn't addressed it until all of these assets are either gone or devalued.

I can't help but always go back to the bullshit that was said when he was hired about how they had to scoop him up before someone else hired him. He was, at best and worst, a paint-by-numbers GM while being allowed to do a rebuild but he has completely fumbled the bag once it came time to try and win.

I know some will say that this particular board just bitches all the time no matter what, but it isn't any of us starting a 10 page thread on the main board about how the Kings are the worst run team in the league. Blake is becoming synonymous with recent infamous GMs from around the league and, in Kings circles, the McMaster name is being thrown around. Rough company, indeed.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I know most of us are blaming Blake, but this Edmundson signing has Bergevin's tentacles all over it.
Thats the Kings way of thinking.. not taking responsibility. GM is the executive. Bergovin is a consultant.. GM is the one that gets the praise when things go right and the guillotine when they go straight in the shitter like this 7 year reign of terror.

Reactions: chris kontos

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I know most of us are blaming Blake, but this Edmundson signing has Bergevin's tentacles all over it.

1719965158305.gif

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Hedman just signed an extension for $8 million a year. He’ll be making $3 million less than Doughty with a much higher cap than when Doughty signed his deal. I always hated the Doughty contract but this takes it to another level.

doughty signed his contract at 28, hedman is 33. its really not comparable....

Well you see, now that context means something, when it never counted between June 2014 and Aprirl 2017, or after that, you can't worry about what ages players were when they signed big contracts. Or that Hedman's current deal, which is the dreaded 3rd contract, was signed 4 years before the Cups TB won with him, not after.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Its so bad for me, its come to this: im wondering if its healthy for me mentally. These guys a running a bigtime gaslighting operation. A one sided abusive relationship of being told the goal is building a championship team, but their actions are the polar opposite. Consistently. over years and years.

Reactions: Seattle King

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Its so bad for me, its come to this: im wondering if its healthy for me mentally. These guys a running a bigtime gaslighting operation. A one sided abusive relationship of being told the goal is building a championship team, but their actions are the polar opposite. Consistently. over years and years.

This team is so lucky i love toxic relationships

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Take the Summer off. Enjoy yourself. Come back to camp, cheering for big hits, knowing every loss is one step closer to everyone getting fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad