Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Pretty funny that Edmonton was relieved that Blake made the PLD move last off-season.

Now they feel like the teams did a Foegele for RV straight up trade.

Blake took his plucky roster that pushed Edmonton to seven games and proceeded to move out two 1st round picks, Faber and the main reason (Quick) it went to seven games so the team could lose in six games. Then he moved a whole bunch of other stuff so he could add PUD and keep Gavrikov all so they could lose in five games.

Not that we care, but how are 11 and 8 feeling today: especially 8? Doughty wanted Rob to make moves to compete sooner than probably even Blake wanted and here we are with them further away from a Cup than if they just stayed the course.

Again, the fumbling of all these assets is one for the ages.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Not that we care, but how are 11 and 8 feeling today: especially 8?
disappointed-fridge.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Pretty funny that Edmonton was relieved that Blake made the PLD move last off-season.

Now they feel like the teams did a Foegele for RV straight up trade.

Blake took his plucky roster that pushed Edmonton to seven games and proceeded to move out two 1st round picks, Faber and the main reason (Quick) it went to seven games so the team could lose in six games. Then he moved a whole bunch of other stuff so he could add PUD and keep Gavrikov all so they could lose in five games.

Not that we care, but how are 11 and 8 feeling today: especially 8? Doughty wanted Rob to make moves to compete sooner than probably even Blake wanted and here we are with them further away from a Cup than if they just stayed the course.

Again, the fumbling of all these assets is one for the ages.
I hate that I have to say this, but the best thing for this franchise would be if everything falls apart this season and Doughty asks for a trade.

Hopefully that would trigger a blowup in the front office next offseason.

Having to root for your team to suck is no fun at all.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Kings listed as the losers of free agency and Edmundson deal is listed as one of the worst-value contracts of the day :laugh:
Funny that the Predators are listed as winners. I guess people never learn.

Every time teams go big like this in free agency they always end up regretting it in a few years.

Reactions: BigBrown

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

Kings listed as the losers of free agency and Edmundson deal is listed as one of the worst-value contracts of the day :laugh:
Does this mean the Kings will not be 4-peating as the offseason champions of the NHL? Asking for the Mayor.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If Blake were to come out and state that the intention of this upcoming season is to give Turcotte, Kaliyev, Fagemo and Thomas every opportunity to make the roster and the recent acquisitions were made to ease in their transition, I would be on board with overspending on bridge toughness as part of the developmental plan. It really does help with the kids. Even Foegle's deal is a prototypical bridge contract.

But I just can't give him credit for assuming that is the case.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Same way you lose Roy, Walker and Durzi for virtually nothing.
Rough to live through this, especially when bemoaning for years now the handling of prospects as their stock falls to penny status and watching the slow-motion car wreck that was the handling of the RHD surplus.

We are also in a position to lose Gavrikov for nothing after he walks as a UFA at the end of this season, a guy that they had to move all kinds of assets for so they could fit him into a two-year "win-now" window. Full NMC too. If they are close to a playoff spot, he'll be next year's Matt Roy.

Rob Blake is a giant shit stain on this organization. It is crazy that a guy who has poisoned the chances of this franchise winning games since he was traded in 2001 is in the position he is in.

Nobody has ever cucked a professional sports organization and its fans like this guy.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
this team had a very good pipeline and a bright future then it all went to shit when the higher up thought they had something when they finally made the POs.. how did we go from a rag tag team of LA Reign players pushing Edmonton to 7 games to this intolerable shitbox??

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I hate to be alarmist here but a lot of teams in the Pacific got better and we got worse. Replacing Arvidsson, Roy, and Lizotte with Foegele, Jeannot, and Edmundson is, in a best case scenario, a lateral move.

Edmonton, Vegas, and Vancouver are almost certainly better on paper. Seattle likely bounces back next season. Anaheim and San Jose could both surprise. Not sure we’re a playoff team unless Byfield is a point-per-game 1C.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I said earlier the only way this makes sense is if Gavrikov is waving his NTC and being shipped out.

Kaliyev is hanging in the wind.

We have no goal scorers.

There has to be more coming

• Haha
Reactions: FSL KINGS

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
For me the team had 4 main needs.
  • Goaltender upgrade.
  • Find a good LHD.
  • Bottom 6 winger.
  • Top 6 scoring winger.
Results

• PLD Trade for Kuemper. B grade. Maybe we get that with Keumper. We were able to get under for PLD and gain some cap space.
  • Burroughs for Grundstrom. C grade. Really a lateral move for a better bottom end D-man in exchange for a guy that isn't in your future. Good asset management Rob.
  • Picks for Jeannot. C- grade. Beefs up the bottom line. A little bit of snarl and enforcement. The 2nd round pick is what drops the grade some.
  • Warren Foegle signing. B grade. I'm really ok with this signing as a 3rd line winger. Doesn't suck, isn't great. 28 years old.
  • Copley Signing. C grade. AHL veteran. If healthy good, if not DFA.
  • Trevor Lewis Signing. B grade if he going to be the 13th forward. D grade is he is in the lineup baring injury. I think he will be in the lineup.
  • Joel Edmundson Signing. D- grade. Don't get it. Don't know what he supposed to bring above Moverare, Englund or Burroughs. 31 years old. Paid too much and for too long. Shit I'd of not made the Jeannot trade, Foegele signing and Edmondson signing and gone all in for Brady Skjei.
Total grade: D+/C-. Just don't see how the team is better. Bigger? yes!, more skilled? no. AND still can't put a f***ing puck in the net. Maybe there is another move where we give up 1st round picks and trade Spence or Clarke? Who knows. Until that happens.....Kiss my fat ass Rob!
Fact is management has no idea how to build a contender in todays day and age. Bright spot is Kings as of now have their 2025 1st and most likely miss or get swept in playoffs and new management team will get to draft top 8 pick. Ownership will have to step in and tell Blake 1st is a no go

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
If Blake were to come out and state that the intention of this upcoming season is to give Turcotte, Kaliyev, Fagemo and Thomas every opportunity to make the roster and the recent acquisitions were made to ease in their transition, I would be on board with overspending on bridge toughness as part of the developmental plan. It really does help with the kids. Even Foegle's deal is a prototypical bridge contract.

But I just can't give him credit for assuming that is the case.

Close but the Kids will get pre season and if they make it in a spot they will get some reg. season potentially.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I hate that I have to say this, but the best thing for this franchise would be if everything falls apart this season and Doughty asks for a trade.

Hopefully that would trigger a blowup in the front office next offseason.

Having to root for your team to suck is no fun at all.

Agreed, but the problem is that is what we were all saying last season and AEG didn't hold them accountable. Even worse, they ignored the fanbase and gave BLuc free reign to continue doing whatever. I honestly cannot believe how far off the rails they've allowed them to go.

Edmonton just added Adam Henrique on top of Jeff Skinner and Viktor Arvidsson.

But it's cool. We have JOEL EDMUNDSON.

View attachment 891141

Edmundson can at least shatter Arvidsson, assuming he isn't shattered himself :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad