Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
If the can sign Byfield to a bridge deal at 5m, Spence around 1m and keep both of Englund & Burroughs in the NHL. They'd have around 3.7m to go after 1 more winger. If not and Byfield gets more than they are done this free agency with "big" names.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I figure the lineup may look something like:
Foegele - Kopitar - Kempe: Kempe gets a playmaker

Fiala - Byfield - Jeannot: Fiala/Byfield get front-net presence + additional physicality

Moore - Danault - Thomas: with more skill and a natural righty, Thomas replaces Arvidsson

Turcotte - Lewis - Laferriere: A modular energy line where everyone can move around

Anderson - Doughty: because they believe in "pairings" and these two always go together.

Gavrikov - Clarke: Gavrikov's more defensively reliable to buoy Clarke

Edmondsun - Spence: Spence is sufficiently independent as a two-way defender, and Edmundson adds physicality to the pairing.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
@johnjm22 I know we've had our spicy disagreements, but are you in agreement that we Nuke the Kings? Not just fire them, but just drop a massive warhead on the front staff.
Yes. The entire FO should be wiped out.

Mistakes happen, but this management team has shown a pattern of misjudging and misvaluing NHL players.

Additionally, they've shown continual short term thinking, reactionary decision making, questionable nepotistic hiring, and suspect player development.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Day isn't over yet and we're still waiting on a Byfield extension, but so far we have

Outgoing players:
Roy
Arvidsson
PLD
Talbot
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Kaliyev TBD

Incoming:
Edmundson
Foegle
Kuemper
Jeanott
Burroughs

Feel like I'm missing someone, but I got the more significant players in there.

I'm thrilled PLD is gone, but it seems like we've squandered the extra cap space with the Edmundson signing. I'm fine with bringing Foegle and Jeanott in, but it feels like an overpay on Edmundson and would've preferred they just kept going with Englund instead of bringing him in.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Losing Faber was it for me. Byfield and Faber were our future 1C and 1D to build around along with Vilardi, all that's needed is a 1G for the future. Clarke had better f***ing pan out and be a franchise defenseman.

Really thought Lewis was going to Utah. WHY didn't they let him?
I think the one thing to really really really come to terms with is that Vilardi wasnt given an opportunity to grow with the Kings then Faber would have never been on this roster to begin with. It's evident that Blake has ZERO respect for young players and draft picks. It's absolutely disgusting how poorly our assets get treated just to have brain dead plugs take their spots without them even getting an opportunity to grow.

Right now Spence/Clarke one or the other just lost a spot to nobodies. Thats why to me the Kings trading a 2nd rounder to me isnt a real asset. None of them get a chance. Turcotte doesnt get a chance. Clarke doesnt get a chance. Vilardi didnt get a chance. What the f*** is a second round pick then? Thats why I call him Minnesota Faber and not LA Faber. LA Faber <<<<<<<< Minnesota Faber

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Day isn't over yet and we're still waiting on a Byfield extension, but so far we have

Outgoing players:
Roy
Arvidsson
PLD
Talbot
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Kaliyev TBD

Incoming:
Edmundson
Foegle
Kuemper
Jeanott
Burroughs

I'm thrilled PLD is gone, but it seems like we've squandered the extra cap space with the Edmundson signing. I'm fine with bringing Foegle and Jeanott in, but it feels like an overpay on Edmundson and would've preferred they just kept going with Englund instead of bringing him in.

You forgot our wonderful resigning of Copley and Trevor f***ing Lewis.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yes. The entire FO should be wiped out.

Mistakes happen, but this management team has shown a pattern of misjudging and misvaluing NHL players.

Additionally, they've shown continual short term thinking and reactionary decision making.
Uniting against a common enemy. What did Dave Taylor get canned for exactly? Im sure Blake has sunk lower and has a job.

Right now Portugal and Slovenia are playing the Euros 2024. Im hoping Slovenia gets eliminated today because I am tired of Kopitar.

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Some UFA's that are still out there

Tarasenko L
Henrique L
Skinner L
Sprong R
Nylander R
JVR L
Pacioretty L
Johnson R
Perry R
Tatar L
Gagner R
Zadina L
Clutterbuck R
Hinostroza R

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

Outgoing players:
Roy
Arvidsson
PLD
Talbot
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Kaliyev TBD

Incoming:
Edmundson
Foegle
Kuemper
Jeanott
Burroughs

Is this roster supposed to be improved?

Dog as Man

Mostly sniffing around.
Feb 27, 2002
Napa
I think that the message is protect the kids. You gotta have consequences for targeting the skilled young players. Think 1980's Oilers. Serious bruisers. Too many times last couple of years I saw liberties taken. Now, that last trade.

Reactions: Omni Owl

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gotta love Rosen and Helene and even Russell dropping every bit of pretense that Rob Blake is anything but a f***in fraud

I think that the message is protect the kids. You gotta have consequences for targeting the skilled young players. Think 1980's Oilers. Serious bruisers. Too many times last couple of years I saw liberties taken. Now, that last trade.

Oh they're protected alright

By the press box

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
To paraphrase Josh Darnielle and the Mountain Goats:

Bluc is drowning
There is no sign of land
We are coming down with them
Hand in unlovable hand
I hope they die