Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
We are a bottom 5-10 team this year.
Bluc won’t be coming back
I’m expecting a February firing.
-The last 6 years have been a complete and utter waste of time.
- we get an entire season of watching Rome burn.
-hopefully doughty wants out same with kopitar
i don't know about bottom 5-10 but i think they're firmly on the outside looking in when it comes to playoffs unless hiller's system is something absolutely groundbreaking

can totally see him just running back blake's 1-3-1 11/7 too

Reactions: tigermask48

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
i don't know about bottom 5-10 but i think they're firmly on the outside looking in when it comes to playoffs unless hiller's system is something absolutely groundbreaking

can totally see him just running back blake's 1-3-1 11/7 too
I’ll throw a hundo down we finish 10th worst in the league or lower if you want the over brotha.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I guess they should have followed up one terrible signing in Edmundson with another one.
7 years is obviously too long but does it really matter? We're going to be in a full rebuild with a (hopefully) different GM. So what if he gets too much term and $, we're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel by then. In the meantime, we actually need to have some kind of support for Byfield and the rest of the youth. If not they're going to faulter hard and probably go somewhere else. Sick of this team basically being an AHL development program for the rest of the league.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
There was largely 3 ways today was going to go for most of us:
1. Blake does nothing - we suck.
2. Blake signs fairly well priced free agents (always a bit overpaid even then with excessive term) - we suck
3. We get in on the big names a match or beat what has been paid today - we suck forever.

Most of the time the first few hours brings the biggest deals and the biggest mistakes. Panicking and overspending is not good long term and we have to operate that way. It would have been easy for Blake to give Toffoli and extra .5 and an extra year trying to save his job and thankfully he didn’t. I’ve said before we need to judge once everything shakes out because the FA period also creates additional trade opportunities.

I’m not giving Blake a pass, I’m just not judging things yet. On the face of it Foegele looks a fair deal. Edmundson I’m not sure about, if it happens, although the pre-Montreal guy I liked.

Edit: Don’t like resigning Lewis. Why? Only makes ‘some’ sense as the 13/4th guy but even then….

Last edited:

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
dont mind either signing, edmuson is probably 800k over and 1-2 years to long but not a crippling deal. If kings get bounced again in the 1st round the new GM wont have too much of a mess to clean up.

dont understand re-signing lewis.

only items on my wish list, somehow pry pinto from ottawa, trade englund and figure out what to do with kaliyev

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
This was a monumentally stupid day. I like Edmundson but that contract was disgusting. Marchessault and Toffoli both got fair value contracts, LA should've signed one of them. Ditto for Stolarz or Brossoit

Missing out on Chychrun at that price was another L too

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I figured the Kings would go after Edmundson or someone like him but I was hoping to would have been Kylington. I don't get the Lewis signing at all. The guy brings nothing to the table other than being Drew's butt buddy. The Foegele signing seems to be the Kings don't want to get their guys ran again. So where does this put us?

XXX-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegele-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
Jeannot-Turcotte-Thomas
Fagemo, Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence
Englund, Moverare, Burroughs

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Anyone who wants Rob Blake gone should be happy with these moves. Ownership is clearly in caretaker mode. So we’re just going to have to sit back and watch things get slowly worse until the inevitable housecleaning.

It’s looking more and more likely that happens as soon as Kopitar retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad