Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
The $3.8 is the predicted price on Edmunson. The 4 years is too long though. It's LA though and while a team like Boston who was listed as a potential destination could get him for 2 years at the price, LA has to overpay if they want him. It's that simple in this market.

People act like he's a bucket of shit. He's not but he isn't going to be sexy, that's for sure. That said, 4 years blows. At least he's 31 and not some 34-35 year old.

The elephant in the room is that the top FA's may just not want to play in LA unless they're way overpaid. That's why they're stuck with this level of FA which isn't thrilling at all.

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
no-god-please-no-no.gif

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Ok. Byfield around 6 mill & that's about all.

Also, Lewis, go sign in Utah. It's not worth staying for your 1k game in this franchise.

Speaking of franchises, with AZ gone, are the King's now the worst franchise? Other teams have hope if they're rebuilding. Maybe not Montreal.

Why did we trade PL again? He's the perfect fit for this team now.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
FOEGELE KOPITAR KEMPE
FIALA BYFIELD MOORE
JEANNOT DANAULT LAFERRIERE
LEWIS? TURCOTTE THOMAS

ANDERSON DOUGHTY
GAVRIKOV CLARKE
EDMUNDSON SPENCE

Foegele is good. Only 28. 6'2" 200 and just scored 20 goals and 21 assists...41 pts is 1 more than PLD had and in the playoffs. 3 goals 5 asissts and played a heavy game. I like him a lot.
Maybe they should pair Edemundson with Clarke, as he would protect him.

2018-19
undefined flag
Carolina Hurricanes
NHL771051520-17Playoffs1554966
2019-20
undefined flag
Carolina Hurricanes
NHL68131730349Playoffs81012-1
2020-21
undefined flag
Carolina Hurricanes
NHL53101020204Playoffs10112101
2021-22
undefined flag
Edmonton Oilers
NHL8212142624-9Playoffs130112-5
2022-23
undefined flag
Edmonton Oilers
NHL67131528287Playoffs1221316-2
2023-24
undefined flag
Edmonton Oilers
NHL82202141473Playoffs2235825-7

Last edited:

JJDrums

Oct 27, 2015
Cambridge, Ontario
If a team was looking to trade Edmundson with 4 years at 3.8M still remaining on his deal would they even be able to get it done without retaining or sweetening the deal? I doubt it.

God this shit is enraging.
I really hope someone grills Blake when this is all done .. ask him his plan .. ask him what kind of club he is looking to build .. this is ridiculous .. ownership is clueless ... pisses me off

Reactions: tigermask48

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I'm ok with Foegele. People hoping that Marchessault was coming here need to adjust the sights on their guns. He was never coming to the Kings unless they gave him so much money, it would make him puke.

The Kings are not a top FA destination. They are mid-range so they're getting mid-range level dudes.

Reactions: funky

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Pending numbers, i'm okay with Foegele but Edmundson for f***ing 4 years? Holy shit, dude. Better hope he turns into Mitchell or Scuderi.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I really hope someone grills Blake when this is all done .. ask him his plan .. ask him what kind of club he is looking to build .. this is ridiculous .. ownership is clueless ... pisses me off
The thing that nobody knows is what FA's were actually even interested in signing here? It takes two sides and we won't be exposed to those conversations.

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
"Heading into the offseason, Kings GM Rob Blake had a plan. Things seem like they’re coming together for LA too. On Monday, the team reportedly signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Joel Edmundson to a four-year deal with an AAV of $3.8M per season." hOeVen is such a POS shill its genuinely nauseating

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I can live with the Foegele signing, not Edmunson. I guess that means Edmunson-Clarke/Spence for one of the D pairings. We're still weak at C, that's why I was clamoring for Stephenson...

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Pending numbers, i'm okay with Foegele but Edmundson for f***ing 4 years? Holy shit, dude. Better hope he turns into Mitchell or Scuderi.
I'm not a fan of the deal. I feel the Kings had to give the extra years to get him and that the pool of players they had actual chances with was a lot smaller than most people here calling for the big names thought it was. I don't think we had a shot at any of the Tier A or even High B guys. Not enough money to get them to say no when tax breaks like TN are factored in.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The don't need a bottom-six guy. They have oodles of them. They need a top 6 guy. Apparently they all signed with the f***ing predators.

Hell......If you just played Arty, you would have gotten this production.

a nothing move by a nothing GM.
yeah, i kinda agree, in a vacuum he's a good player but it's not a necessary move

i'm a bit confused by the fact that they qualified arty but maybe that's just to retain control rather than play him

"Heading into the offseason, Kings GM Rob Blake had a plan. Things seem like they’re coming together for LA too. On Monday, the team reportedly signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Joel Edmundson to a four-year deal with an AAV of $3.8M per season." hOeVen is such a POS shill its genuinely nauseating
he deleted the reddit post pretty quickly because even those lapdogs weren't having it

I'm not a fan of the deal. I feel the Kings had to give the extra years to get him and that the pool of players they had actual chances with was a lot smaller than most people here calling for the big names thought it was. I don't think we had a shot at any of the Tier A or even High B guys. Not enough money to get them to say no when tax breaks like TN are factored in.
i just can't bring myself to excusing "well we had to overpay" when we're talking free agency. again, doing nothing was the better choice but blake just can't help himsef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad