Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
well thats the thing. Why wouldn't players want to sign with us? maybe because management (Blake / Luc) look like morons?
I think its apparent the Kings franchise is on the downswing. Hell, even the Ducks might potentially be more enticing to a free agent than the Kings. They're trending in the right direction and have a competent GM in Verbeek. I feel like a lot of the potential players we could get would rather go to Vegas instead of LA.

Reactions: tigermask48

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Ok. Byfield around 6 mill & that's about all.

Also, Lewis, go sign in Utah. It's not worth staying for your 1k game in this franchise.

Speaking of franchises, with AZ gone, are the King's now the worst franchise? Other teams have hope if they're rebuilding. Maybe not Montreal.

Why did we trade PL again? He's the perfect fit for this team now.
Buffalo exists.
Flyers exist.
Columbus exists.

It's hard to imagine but there are worse run orgs out there.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Well, I said watching Blake overcorrect and steer into grit/toughness was going to be a fun watch and here we are looking at a four-year deal to Joel Edmundson in the year 2024.

Foegle is a left shot as well, which is cool, right?

The fumbling of the rebuild and all the assets collected during it is an all-time GM catastrophe. There were many of us that said this will not end well when Bluc took over but, man, I did not see this level of incompetence being accepted for this long. Like, he would suck but he wouldn't get to suck so hard with no repercussions.

As a reminder, and this is not a "bring back DL" comment, but they fired DL three seasons removed from the second of two Cups in three years. Blake hasn't done jack shit in seven years on the job and he's still allowed to spend AEG's money.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Would not want Toffoli for 4 at 6.

Stamkos is Doughty’s age and got 4 years 8

March got 4 years.

These are all better than what we just did

• Haha
Reactions: FSL KINGS

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Well, I said watching Blake overcorrect and steer into grit/toughness was going to be a fun watch and here we are looking at a four-year deal to Joel Edmundson in the year 2024.

Foegle is a left shot as well, which is cool, right?
it's almost funny because it's so sad

woulda been a tolerable contract 4 years ago

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Buffalo exists.
Flyers exist.
Columbus exists.

It's hard to imagine but there are worse run orgs out there.
Buffalo & CBJ have exciting young players that play. They have been through rough times.

Philly is pretty bad. They have Risto though. He's perfect for this team. Briere might be able to get something done there. They did lose their goalie last season, which didn't help.

King's fans are now sitting around waiting, however long, for Blucevin to get canned & a real rebuild to start. Then go through that rebuild & emerge. 6 years minimum?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Foegle will be Byfield and Fiala’s defensive safety net.

If they are switching QB back to center, Andy’s playing with a wild man like Fiala, like Foegle would be an awesome winger

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't hate Edmunson, but the contract is unappetizing as any UFA signing typically is. He is a big shutdown defenseman on the left side, which we've needed. I look at this as a Scuderi kind of signing. He's never played more than 69 games in a season though. It does solidify the left for this season going Anderson-Gavrikov-Edmundson-Englund. That is pretty tough to play against.

I really don't like the Foegle signing. It is an expensive depth signing. His numbers are inflated coming from Edmonton. May be okayish but I feel like the cap could have been better used elsewhere.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Edmundson has never been healthy, so great idea to give him four years. He'll spend about 20-30 games on IR in each of those seasons.

The Foegele signing I really like. Anyone pissed about the Kings signing him has no clue what they're talking about.
LTIR worked well for Vegas.. Maybe the angle here ;-)

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Foegle will be Byfield and Fiala’s defensive safety net.

If they are switching QB back to center, Andy’s playing with a wild man like Fiala, like Foegle would be an awesome winger
Foegele isn't a good defensive winger...

Edmundson is actually a good guy to pair with Clarke. He will really stay back and clean up Clarkes mistakes.
The problem is the contract is 1.8 million too high and 2 years too long.
In what world is Edmundson "clean[ing] up . . . mistakes"? He's atrocious defensively.

Player Cards(16).png

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Buffalo & CBJ have exciting young players that play. They have been through rough times.

Philly is pretty bad. They have Risto though. He's perfect for this team. Briere might be able to get something done there. They did lose their goalie last season, which didn't help.

King's fans are now sitting around waiting, however long, for Blucevin to get canned & a real rebuild to start. Then go through that rebuild & emerge. 6 years minimum?
Buffalo hasn't seen the playoffs in almost 20 years. And every new young exciting player they get goes somewhere else. Columbus has a similar problem.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
as an aside, blake's idea of making moves needed to push this team over the edge into a real contender:

kuemper
burroughs
jeannot
edmundson
foegele

still no bonafide top line winger, youth on D blocked by unnecessary vets, no QB extension in place

Reactions: Piston

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Kings will play at least one stretch of games this season with this D corps:

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Burroughs
Englund-Edmundson
Moverare

Spence traded for whatever. Clarke 2nd pair and PP2 in Ontario to learn to be a pro. Book it.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Edmundson has never been healthy, so great idea to give him four years. He'll spend about 20-30 games on IR in each of those seasons.

The Foegele signing I really like. Anyone pissed about the Kings signing him has no clue what they're talking about.
The only issues I have with Foegele is the points are likely to come down right? How many of those 40 points is the result of playing in Edmonton and that high Octane system?
Now how many of those points do we lose with him playing the 1-3-1 in LA? How soon before he's in the dog house for not playing defense?
Not complaints about the signing, just general thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad