Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Vegas is run they way Belichick ran the Patriots during the glory years. They place almost no value at all on what you did in the past and only care about what you offer going forward. The players around the league probably know they don't show a ton of loyalty to the players, but they are in a desirable market that adores them, with no state tax, and they are contention every year, so guys go there.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
There's going to be a lot of overpayments, but I think there's going to be a lot of value out there as well.

I count 34 UFA's that scored at a 40 point pace.

The Kane deal is something you may see a lot of. Cheap 1 year deal, but with bonuses.
Yea I hope Blake doesnt try to go after the big names. Stick to the mid/upper mid tier guys that may have another gear entering their prime like Trenin or Kylington. What are these guys projected to get 3-4 mill for 3-4 years? Its crazy that a couple backup goalies will get those numbers.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
They have very little cap space. Remember they added Hertl and Hanafin.

They've got about 6.8M to work with and still need a goalie.

I highly doubt they can afford Stamkos.
They can if they trade us Hague, Roy, and Kolesar for Englund and Kaliyev.

Turcotte-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Thomas
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
Jeannot-Roy-Kolesar
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Hague-Spence
Moverare, Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Marchessault is the only player who I want. If the Kings are serious about getting grit, talent, and leadership, and most importantly “intangibles”. Look no where else. This dude is clutch and his play is infectious.

I think Blake can really buy himself some favor with the fans if he ends this entire ordeal with the acquisition of Marchessault. Hes the only one who can potentially fix the absolute pathetic absence of balls on this team.

I’d immediately strip the C and give it Marchessault easily. He’s easily an inspiring leader and the kind of guy you’d want the players to emulate. And reward him with that title so everyone knows the mold themselves in a similar image.

You’d have off the team

Lewis, Lizzo, Arvidsson, and PLD.

And added

Burroughs, Jeannot, and hopefully Marchessault.

That’s a huge improvement in the balls department.

If they pull this off I tip my hat to the moron in charge.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Rumor on trade section that a team is offer sheeting Pinot (Ottawa) tomorrow.

Wonder if it's Bergevin again.
Nope, Kings dont sem to do those kind of things, even with a disaster like Bergevin here. Figure if they were interested in him, they'd trade for him, but could be wrong

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Fiala-kopi-march
They can if they trade us Hague, Roy, and Kolesar for Englund and Kaliyev.

Turcotte-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Thomas
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
Jeannot-Roy-Kolesar
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Hague-Spence
Moverare, Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich
hey, hey, have you been playing my BEAGM mode? That’s pretty damn close to my roster lol

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
jonathan-marchessault-vegas-golden-knights-autographed-2023-stanley-cup-champions-16-x-20-raising-cup-photograph_ss5_p-200262799+u-mth3n2iu96ssbjtgy3rs+v-kdpd5aueqq70vkvfjdgj.jpg

Sign this man.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Three potential destinations for Jonathan Marchessault – Sportsnet.ca

Los Angeles Kings
Projected cap space: $19,685,000
Number of contracts:

The Los Angeles Kings have never had a 40-goal scorer in the salary cap era. And that has been especially problematic in the playoffs against the Oilers in recent years.

Last season the Kings ranked 17th in goals-for and 12th in power play percentage. In the playoffs, they did not score a single goal against the lethal Oilers penalty kill.

Viktor Arvidsson is an unrestricted free agent meaning the Kings have a spot in the top six for a scorer of Marchessault’s calibre.

The Kings are trying to keep their window open while Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty remain at the top of their games. If they land Marchessault as part of that pursuit, they would improve on the ice and add some extra spice to their rivalry with the Golden Knights.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Three potential destinations for Jonathan Marchessault – Sportsnet.ca

Los Angeles Kings
Projected cap space: $19,685,000
Number of contracts:

The Los Angeles Kings have never had a 40-goal scorer in the salary cap era. And that has been especially problematic in the playoffs against the Oilers in recent years.

Last season the Kings ranked 17th in goals-for and 12th in power play percentage. In the playoffs, they did not score a single goal against the lethal Oilers penalty kill.

Viktor Arvidsson is an unrestricted free agent meaning the Kings have a spot in the top six for a scorer of Marchessault’s calibre.

The Kings are trying to keep their window open while Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty remain at the top of their games. If they land Marchessault as part of that pursuit, they would improve on the ice and add some extra spice to their rivalry with the Golden Knights.
Kempe literally had 41 goals last season. What are they smoking?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Marchessault is the only player who I want. If the Kings are serious about getting grit, talent, and leadership, and most importantly “intangibles”. Look no where else. This dude is clutch and his play is infectious.

I think Blake can really buy himself some favor with the fans if he ends this entire ordeal with the acquisition of Marchessault. Hes the only one who can potentially fix the absolute pathetic absence of balls on this team.

I’d immediately strip the C and give it Marchessault easily. He’s easily an inspiring leader and the kind of guy you’d want the players to emulate. And reward him with that title so everyone knows the mold themselves in a similar image.

You’d have off the team

Lewis, Lizzo, Arvidsson, and PLD.

And added

Burroughs, Jeannot, and hopefully Marchessault.

That’s a huge improvement in the balls department.

If they pull this off I tip my hat to the moron in charge.
Marchessault is going to be 34 in December and is going to want to cash in.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I'd be happy with either March or Stamkos, but I'm expecting dumpster dive moves instead. That might mean VGK will try and keep Stephenson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad