Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

No one is talking about Kylington, but he could be a sneaky good signing. Could be a major upgrade on the 3rd pair.

Flames fans seem pretty upset he's walking:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Tyler Bertuzzi was a lazy no show for a majority of the time last season.

Similar stat line as PLD, multiple stretches of no production. 3 points in his first 12 games, 1 point in his next 11 games (November 19th - December 14th)

Bud wants 5M+ over multiple years but is an absolute trash hockey player.
Aren’t you the same dude who’s willing to give Clifford a spot on the roster when he probably couldn’t crack it in peewee hockey

Is Lewis getting shot out of a cannon as well?

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Rumor on trade section that a team is offer sheeting Pinot (Ottawa) tomorrow.

Wonder if it's Bergevin again.

Yes. And a rumor Ottawa wants to sign Matt Roy. They have 11M left and need to 8 players.
I'm not sure they have enough cap...if they sign Roy, then offer sheet Pinto, so they cannot match. Shane could play C or RW and at 23, would be ideal player to target, than most 30 yr old FAs. OTT shows 11 M cap and need to sign 8 players. Pinto was the selection just before Arty in 2019...first section rd 2 and I was hoping for him or Arty. 27 pts in 41 games last yr, projects to 54 pt yr.
Would be awesome to make it a Roy for Pinto kind of thing.
Pinto same age range as Turcotte, Thomas, Laferriere, Spence, Portillo and would build a great group in that age range...then add Kirsanov to it in the Spring.

Laferriere Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Fiala
Jeannot Byfield Pinto
Trenin Turcotte Thomas

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Dillon Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

LFG!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: FSL KINGS

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
$4.5 for 4 years. Do it man. We haven’t had an agitator since Avery.
gettyimages-182095624-2048x2048.jpg
lemieux_brendan1280-1040x572 - Copy.jpg
los-angeles-kings-left-wing-daniel-carcillo-17-during-the-nhl-game-EKMRWG.jpg

Reactions: BaileyFan and Telos

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

No one is talking about Kylington, but he could be a sneaky good signing. Could be a major upgrade on the 3rd pair.

i was thinking about him a bit too, you'd probably have to bury englund and burroughs now that the kings committed there

not sure you can really call him underrated any more but i guess he's not a big shiny name

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
i was thinking about him a bit too, you'd probably have to bury englund and burroughs now that the kings committed there

not sure you can really call him underrated any more but i guess he's not a big shiny name
You can carry 8 Dmen. Makes sense if you're running the 11/7. (I'm not advocating for this.)

Or Englund and Burroughs can compete for a spot in camp. Loser gets waived.

Reactions: deaderhead28

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You can carry 8 Dmen. Makes sense if you're running the 11/7. (I'm not advocating for this.)

Or Englund and Burroughs can compete for a spot in camp. Loser gets waived.
well i was thinking more because of the cap but i guess it depends how much of a raise he wants

i'm good with a duel to the death in camp too though

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Re bertuzzi
We need players that have had all their shots.
This guy doesnt impress me
His body his choice right?

If Bertuzzi plays with an edge and has decent production and we can get him for a good price, why not? Itd be a win in my book this offseason. I don’t want any big pieces, I want sandpaper that are willing to get dirty.
100%

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Yes. And a rumor Ottawa wants to sign Matt Roy. They have 11M left and need to 8 players.
I'm not sure they have enough cap...if they sign Roy, then offer sheet Pinto, so they cannot match. Shane could play C or RW and at 23, would be ideal player to target, than most 30 yr old FAs. OTT shows 11 M cap and need to sign 8 players. Pinto was the selection just before Arty in 2019...first section rd 2 and I was hoping for him or Arty. 27 pts in 41 games last yr, projects to 54 pt yr.
Would be awesome to make it a Roy for Pinto kind of thing.
Pinto same age range as Turcotte, Thomas, Laferriere, Spence, Portillo and would build a great group in that age range...then add Kirsanov to it in the Spring.

Laferriere Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Fiala
Jeannot Byfield Pinto
Trenin Turcotte Thomas

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Dillon Spence

Kuemper
Rittich

LFG!!!
Laferriere isn't a first line player, Blake really needs to upgrade that position.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Prices are pretty crazy. Durzi at 6 million, Tanev at 5 million, backup goalies Stolarz and Brossoit set to make 4 million…
I hope Blake doesnt do anything outrageous like Debrusk for 7.5x7.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Prices are pretty crazy. Durzi at 6 million, Tanev at 5 million, backup goalies Stolarz and Brossoit set to make 4 million…
I hope Blake doesnt do anything outrageous like Debrusk for 7.5x7.
There's going to be a lot of overpayments, but I think there's going to be a lot of value out there as well.

I count 34 UFA's that scored at a 40 point pace.

The Kane deal is something you may see a lot of. Cheap 1 year deal, but with bonuses.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020

Only if they agree to
Laferriere isn't a first line player, Blake really needs to upgrade that position.
then sign DeBrusk or just do this

Fiala Kopitar Pinto
Moore Danault Kempe
Jeannot Byfield Laferrire
Trenin Turcotte Thomas

Sign Pinto to 6 x 5 offer

Agreed. When you 'lose' this many forwards in 365 days...Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, PLD, Arvidsson, Lizotte, Lewis, Grundstrom...there are so many openings. I don't think they want to bring in more than 2 rookies up front: Turcotte and Thomas. Even if Lee or Fagemo was close to making it.

So far, just added Jeannot, Turcotte and Thomas to take all those spots.
I don't think they can sign 2 forwards, unless they do not sign a defenseman.

I think they want to get the best player they can and in their minds, it may be Marchessault or Stamkos. Think Marchessault would be good....Stamkos, not so much. He would only make PP better.
And Bertuzzi, Teravainen, DeBrusk, Stephenson could be others. Since VGL moving on from
Marchessault, VGK could sign Stephenson, I suppose.

I still like the idea of signing Pinto to an offer sheet, or getting McGroarty. Why not try
to get a 20-23 yr old, vs another 32 yr old, that will get 4-5 yrs?

Fiala Kopitar Pinto
Moore Danault Kempe
Jeannot Byfield Laferriere
Trenin Turcotte Thomas

I'd be pretty happy with that...gotta be happy, just to not see PL on any list.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay