Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Bummed about Ingham

Same, and I thought he played well on his few Reign appearances. Was hoping they’d go Portillo/Ingham 50/50 but I guess not. I guess Hammer and King George in the minors/college, Portillo in the A as the next possible heir but they still need a vet backup I assume for the AHL.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It seems like for the first time in a long time, lots of teams have cap space.

I think we're gonna see some ridiculous contracts handed out.

You usually have to overpay in free agency, this year could be worse than most.
You’re correct of course.

We have had teams bemoaning lack of cap space and fans on the main board trying to come up with better models to give the rich teams more spending power. They now have some space to play with and within 3 hours we will be back where we started.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Sandstron- Gretzky- Granato

Deader- Allison - Palffy

Byfield - Kopi- Kempe.

For me.

I’m not gonna lie, I also loved whatever line Brown was on when he was blowing people up

Reactions: KingsCourt

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Friedman said Carolina's offer for Guentzal is 8x8M (64M).

Teams would likely need to offer him 7x9M (63M) to match.

You usually land the UFA by paying above market rate. That would be 7x10M (70M) in this case.

Guentzal is 30 years old. Signing him to a 7/8 year deal is insane already.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I'm a Lizotte fan, he had stretches when he was very good in his role so in some ways I'm sad to see him go but the Kings need a different look in their bottom 6. It comes down to playoff performance and he just hasn't been good enough, unfortunately.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lizotte will be excellent somewhere, he just gets overplayed and banged up and when you HAVE to go 110% to keep your spot, that’s your main attribute is tenacity, it’s tough. Somewhere he can get 10 minutes and 42 games or something and he will be baller. It’s time to move on here due to team construction more than Lizotte but just like Ingham I’ll always root for him. I’m not sure I can think of a player who played harder. It’s admirable. And it’s not like he’s a no talent plug either, there are plenty of 5’8” guys who never learn to check, like Kane or Keller. Obv he’s not at all on their level but for a dude coming up as a scorer it’s challenging to humble yourself and add that piece to your game not only as a component but as your main thing.

That’s a lot more waxing poetic than I ever expected to do about Blake lizotte but there are plenty of players in legit HAPPY to see go and he’s not really one

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Its been real Lizzo. Always was a fan but hes way too small and he gets killed too much. Especially in the playoffs. He's the fly and in the playoffs everyone has a swatter. And he just gets pasted too much.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Low expectations with Blake. My preference 100 out of 100 times is a rebuild But not happening obviously. As such, Blake getting some size/toughness without paying out anymore big, bad, LT contracts and not trading away any #1 picks -- that's a win in my book (again, VERY low expectations).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Low expectations with Blake. My preference 100 out of 100 times is a rebuild But not happening obviously. As such, Blake getting some size/toughness without paying out anymore big, bad, LT contracts and not trading away any #1 picks -- that's a win in my book (again, VERY low expectations).
Pretty much where I'm at.

I just want to see Kopitar and Doughty getting fewer minutes, and Under-24 year-old players getting more

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
We’ve traded a crap forward for a crap goalie, and signed two bottom line scrubs. Dillon and Stamkos? Lmao.

Prime Gretzky couldn’t save this shitshow.
We got 30 hours of hope left before realizing Jannot is the top line wing, & Lewis hitting 1K games in Utah.

Then we have a full year to be miserable, but not miserable enough for Blake to be fired.

Lizotte can still be offered a contract & doesn't have to worry about arbitration. Brännström (Ott), PO Joseph (pit), & liligren (TO) are in a similar position.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
I hope Lizotte gets a nice contract somewhere.

He'd be a very good 13th forward IMO, but coaches will always over play him.
I could see TMac bringing him to Columbus.

Sandstron- Gretzky- Granato

Deader- Allison - Palffy

Byfield - Kopi- Kempe.

For me.

I’m not gonna lie, I also loved whatever line Brown was on when he was blowing people up
Simmer-Taylor-Dionne

My favorite is palffy Allison deadmarsh. That line had literally EVERYTHING.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Lizotte will be excellent somewhere, he just gets overplayed and banged up and when you HAVE to go 110% to keep your spot, that’s your main attribute is tenacity, it’s tough. Somewhere he can get 10 minutes and 42 games or something and he will be baller. It’s time to move on here due to team construction more than Lizotte but just like Ingham I’ll always root for him. I’m not sure I can think of a player who played harder. It’s admirable. And it’s not like he’s a no talent plug either, there are plenty of 5’8” guys who never learn to check, like Kane or Keller. Obv he’s not at all on their level but for a dude coming up as a scorer it’s challenging to humble yourself and add that piece to your game not only as a component but as your main thing.

That’s a lot more waxing poetic than I ever expected to do about Blake lizotte but there are plenty of players in legit HAPPY to see go and he’s not really one
Agreed. Lizotte absolutely proved me wrong about him, he became a better player than I anticipated simply by having an incredible tenacity and heart.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If Lizotte and Lewis move on, then the propaganda about them being great penalty killers and the Kings strength at PK as a mark of progress gets put to bed nicely.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If Lizotte and Lewis move on, then the propaganda about them being great penalty killers and the Kings strength at PK as a mark of progress gets put to bed nicely.
Lewis was atrocious against the oilers

I could see TMac bringing him to Columbus.

Simmer-Taylor-Dionne

My favorite is palffy Allison deadmarsh. That line had literally EVERYTHING.
Tmac and Columbus ? What ?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Always gotta admire players like Lizotte for making it to the show and sticking around. Think most of us here didn't think much of him when we first signed him, but he showed everyone that he belonged. But I think now is probably the right time to move on.

To add onto this, if PLD had the heart and tenacity of Lizotte, he'd be a top 10 player in this league

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00