Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Duchene is enticing but he was so good last year because he fit really well on that Dallas squad. Didn't realize he's an upcoming UFA, but I think he re-signs with the Stars.

Still think Stamkos would be worth a shot which would track for Blake cuz signing him wouldn't commit to a full rebuild, more like a half assed re-tool.
Why would he leave Stars unless it's about money, great situation for him

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
After we miss on Guentzel,
Toffoli & Chychrun?
:naughty:

There's just so much craziness Blake could get up to.
I would rather have Toffoli aro8nd 5.25 than Guentzel at 9. Not interested in Chychrun, think he's a bit overrated and he'll be asking for huge pay raise. There's a couple of other Ufas I'd rather look at

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Here are all of Pat Brisson's clients that are UFAs:

Alexander Wennberg
Tyler Toffoli
Erik Johnson
Matt Duchene
Mike Reilly
Patrick Kane
Kyle Okposo
Daniel Sprong
Tony DeAngelo
Mike Reilly
Tyler Motte
Justin Bailey
John Hayden
Jack Johnson
Caleb Jones

I think Patrick Kane would be great next to Byfield, and he’s still got it. But no way he’s coming out west.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

Mayor article up on cap. Pretty straightforward. This looks like the set plan outside of something crazy happening.
Don’t care who they sign or how much as long as the term is 2 years or less on any deals. Blake is gonna Blake and do his whole playacting being a contender bit until he’s gone. This next season is a write off. What matters is keeping the books clear for when the new GM takes over and charts the Kings’ post-Kopitar path.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
Dillon is a relic of another time and era.
Zadorov should be the target even if we have to get rid of d man. This guy a badass and the kings havent had a guy like this for forever.
I like debrusk. Bertuzxi hasnt had his shots to be able to travel orjoin the human race yet.
Guntzel wil do much much less away from crosby.
Bust out the checkbook for zadorov
I'd love Zadorov but I think his price will be crazy inflated and all we need is a 3rd pair D upgrade, a Dillon-Spence pairing would be more than serviceable imo.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kopitar and Fiala not being able to play together is so exaggerated. They didn't click initially in the 10-15 games they played together in the 2022/23 season but that doesn't mean they can never play together again.

They played a bit together last year during Hiller's crazy line jumbles and looked pretty good from what I remember. Plus maybe as Kopitar is getting older it'd be helpful for him to have a guy like Fiala on his line to take over play driving offensively.

Also, sure Kopi and Kempe have good chemistry but so do Kempe and Byfield. And ultimately this is a team that lost in the first round 3 years ago - Even if some players have good chemistry together, maybe mixing things up is still a good thing?

But ultimately the line combinations were just a rough idea of what I'd personally like to see. You can definitely go with something like the following if you'd prefer to keep Kopi and Kempe together.
Guentzel - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Laferriere
Moore - Danault - Thomas
Turcotte - Trenin - Duhaime

Although tbh I'm not sure I'm too sold on the Guentzel idea anymore. Probably better off going after a $5-6m LHD and a ~$4m right shot scoring winger instead of going all in on Guentzel - although acquiring a big name like Guentzel is always fun to play around with hypothetically.

Respectfully disagree and so do others.

FRESH LOOK: LA Kings Salary Cap, 2024-25 Lineup, and Trade Rumors

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Mayor article up on cap. Pretty straightforward. This looks like the set plan outside of something crazy happening.
alex laferriere on the top line is the kind of comedy only hoven can write

love the absolutely miniscule passing mention of trading roy's rights while intentionally neglecting to mention what he could've fetched at the deadline, AND THEN he spitballs trading away the '25 1st rounder to get chychrun

my man truly is in tune with the kings

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
alex laferriere on the top line is the kind of comedy only hoven can write

love the absolutely miniscule passing mention of trading roy's rights while intentionally neglecting to mention what he could've fetched at the deadline, AND THEN he spitballs trading away the '25 1st rounder to get chychrun

my man truly is in tune with the kings
If Byfield actually signs for $6 million for 6 years he needs to fire his agent immediately.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Alright Blake! 1 day 8 hours left to trade that first round pick!!!

Edit: Speaking of improving the team, maybe we should look into upgrading the front office?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Max Domi KOd Kessler. He can fight.

That was then, this is now.

Willing combatant because his career is fizzling but he got his ass kicked all year

if we just need someone to get punched in the face we don't need to pay them several million to suck on the ice and lose nearly every fight

He is a rat though, and we could use that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad