Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
The Kings did the complete opposite to what made they're pk good this year vs EDM. It was like the 2023 playoffs all over again.No pressure , easy zone entries and too much respect. Vancouver went right at them, hit them, stayed in lanes and pressured the point guys. It didn't work all the time, but at least it wasn't a gimme pp goal like it was against us.
The King's PK was the same for all teams this year, including EDM. They gave up the goal line cause every other team sucked in that area, except Edmonton. You have Drai and McDavid that can walk along the goal line and absolutely f*** you up, which they did to the Kings during the regular season, especially towards the end. But for some dumb reason, Kings thought this would eventually work during the playoffs. It might have if they didn't take so many god dam penalties, refs be damned or not.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
finding a #1 goalie will pretty much put this team in the playoffs
I see Canucks, Oilers and Vegas being the top 3 teams in the Pacific(no particular order) and then the Kings will be in a race to be a Wild Card team, which I could see the Blues, Utah or Kraken beating them out for the spot. So the Kings could get goaltending with a new #1 better than Talbot and still miss. Hiller has yet to coach a full season, and unless they open it up a bit the offense will have a set back with that 1-3-1 philosophy.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
This is not a serious franchise trying to win a Stanley Cup, this is a franchise looking to get a round of home playoff game revenue and stay "relevant" during Kopi and Drew's finals years. I hate everything about what is happening with this team. When opposing teams fans reactions to your head coaching hire and keeping your GM is a mixture of laughter and sympathy, you know your team is f***ed

Last edited:

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
My bold prediction is that PLD will have a career best year next season, but the Kings will lose in the first round anyway.

And management will pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It doesn't even f***ing matter who coaches, plus who is even available after Berube? No one decent I reckon. I'm beyond apathetic about the team, let alone who the f***ing coach is or what no name said what on Twitter, who gives a shit.
Oh I agree, I’m just saying Blake is a lazy no effort shitbag.

it never. f***ing. ends.

Oh come on, look at how much success the ducks have had recently!!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This board is becoming a hysterical echo chamber of misery (I include myself in this). We are repeating ourselves, but in an increasingly hyperbolic depressive fashion. It is spiraling quite badly and at this rate we will need some sort of mass group therapy. Perhaps we can then launch a class action lawsuit to make AEG pay for it… maybe then they will fire BLuc.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This board is becoming a hysterical echo chamber of misery (I include myself in this). We are repeating ourselves, but in an increasingly hyperbolic depressive fashion. It is spiraling quite badly and at this rate we will need some sort of mass group therapy. Perhaps we can then launch a class action lawsuit to make AEG pay for it… maybe then they will fire BLuc.

Imagine getting so discouraged/pissed/depressed....over a POSSIBLE assistant coaching hire....

Jesus Christ.....lol

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
What exactly is it that you think we do here?

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

in the 10+ years ive been here, its pretty much always been this way

Reactions: Statto

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It is depressing here, but I don’t blame people, even the cup teams in 2012 “-2015 were kinda mediocre in the regular season. If you think about it the Kings haven’t inspired hope in any kings fan until the playoffs started. So only a sliver of the season.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
f***in blake in the presser right now "we need to raise the desire to win in this team"

yeah dude i bet that's TOTALLY compatible with playing a 1-3-1 and 11/7

"i'm not gonna get into specifics about other conversations we had but we got to see jim work first hand"

i think between the lines that's "we didn't interview anyone else"

Reactions: tbrown33

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
props to the media people at this presser though, i've already heard some relatively hard questions about personnel

"it doesn't matter what the system is, you gotta check" from hiller LMAO YES IT f***IN DOES MATTER WHAT THE SYSTEM IS

acting like edmonton didn't absolutely decimate the wing by just sending 2 with speed at the winger

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
props to the media people at this presser though, i've already heard some relatively hard questions about personnel

"it doesn't matter what the system is, you gotta check" from hiller LMAO YES IT f***IN DOES MATTER WHAT THE SYSTEM IS

acting like edmonton didn't absolutely decimate the wing by just sending 2 with speed at the winger

No, it doesn't matter what the system is, if you aren't doing the fundamentals correctly, the system means f***all.....

Edmonton didn't decimate the 1-3-1, they murdered the PK......completely separate things, but again the point is, if you aren't skating, checking, passing, shooting, systems won't matter at all, and the Kings weren't doing any of those fundmentals, cohesively.

Reactions: theMajor

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
No, it doesn't matter what the system is, if you aren't doing the fundamentals correctly, the system means f***all.....

Edmonton didn't decimate the 1-3-1, they murdered the PK......completely separate things, but again the point is, if you aren't skating, checking, passing, shooting, systems won't matter at all, and the Kings weren't doing any of those fundmentals, cohesively.
That sounds like an indictment of the players and coaches. Maybe the players dont believe in the system after the lack of success.. seems like Kempe and Fiala arent bought in if they let that out during their exit interviews.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I honestly think Bluc were just hoping to not get Edmonton. Maybe squeek by Vancouver in the first round. Hey we got futher kind of thing.

This team is running dumpster dive goaltending and touting the decision while ignoring the fact that they need to play defensive to not get obliterated.

Team doesn't have enough klillers to outscore there mistakes.

The system won't change, nothing will change. The only hope is that Byfield and Clarke can bring some more offense to the staleness.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaileyFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad