Fire Luke Richardson

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
The Blackhawks HFB page is the top place I go to find cogent, well thought out, educated arguments over subjects much deeper than labels and semantics

Reactions: statswatcher

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You got it wrong. If teams concentrate on Bedard, he gets the puck to Hall who likes to play a north/south game. There's much more to Bedard's game - he can't be the only guy on the line who carries the puck. Ops love that. Anyway, Foligno was ineffective again last night on the first line and TT was pretty bad as well. Bedard needs better support.
Hall isn't a sniper he's a transition weapon. Like that's it. He's not a better play maker than Teuvo he's not a shooter he's not a better third wheel than Foligno he's a straight rush weapon at this point. Him and AA are redundant. Kurashev would be a much better option for Connor than either.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
For the semantics garbage I'll just say that it isn't always a promotion just a fit. But if you're putting lines together you should be trying to have guys that can play a role together and work with the role in mind. Coaching 101.

Why I loved Kopecky so much. He was entirely mediocre at whatever you asked him to do. But he was never a terrible fit.

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
For the semantics garbage I'll just say that it isn't always a promotion just a fit. But if you're putting lines together you should be trying to have guys that can play a role together and work with the role in mind. Coaching 101.

Why I loved Kopecky so much. He was entirely mediocre at whatever you asked him to do. But he was never a terrible fit.
everyone wants to complain about semantics until they want to give their opinion on semantics.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That part is clear. The better question is who the right guy is when he's eventually replaced.
That's the problem with firing a coach mid season.

There are no good replacements.

You're looking at coaches like Mclellan and Granato... it's not a great pool to choose from

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
changing lines under normal circumstances implies a promotion and demotion because under normal circumstances lines are built hierarchically with moren talented lines recieving more ice time than less talented lines. that's not all circumstances, but by and large these terms will apply.
But not every player on Line 1 on every team, recieves Line 1 mins. So, no.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
But not every player on Line 1 on every team, recieves Line 1 mins. So, no.
my intuition is that this is the exception rather than the norm. maybe you can show me something to rethink that intuition. either way it doesn't do anything to refute the definition. you've just constructed a hypothetical circumstance where there isn't a change in playtime, and so of course there wouldn't be any promotion or demotion involved given that i've defined these terms by reference to changes in playtime. the defintion i gave implies the very conclusion you are presenting to contradict it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Who? That I'm not sure of. Hiring a new guy in the mix is risky.. look at LuRich or Colliton. If you're going that route then I'm definitely in on Carle. With @MTU34 on that one.
This team does not need a young guy who has only coached 20 year olds.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
my intuition is that this is the exception rather than the norm. maybe you can show me something to rethink that intuition. either way it doesn't do anything to refute the definition. you've just constructed a hypothetical circumstance where there isn't a change in playtime, and so of course there wouldn't be any promotion or demotion involved given that i've defined these terms by reference to changes in playtime. the defintion i gave implies the very conclusion you are presenting to contradict it.
It may not be the norm, but it does happen, where someone is put on a higher line and has the same ice time. So if Hall was put with Bedard, but gets the same amount ice time, it's not a promotion.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
It may not be the norm, but it does happen, where someone is put on a higher line and has the same ice time. So if Hall was put with Bedard, but gets the same amount ice time, it's not a promotion.
yes, and i think that would also be phenomenally stupid in the current circumstance, but that's a completley different issue.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You can try and poach an overseas coach like Sam Hallam, but at the end of the day this team needs a guy who is a proven winner in the NHL.

Those guys aren't available right now.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
This team does not need a young guy who has only coached 20 year olds.
I tend to agree, but if you ARE going that route then Carle is the guy.

Todd Nelson? Brad Lauer? Jay Woodcroft? Jay Leach? Steve Spott?

None of those names sound that great either. Maybe Mike Sullivan gets fired or something.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
I tend to agree, but if you ARE going that route then Carle is the guy.

Todd Nelson? Brad Lauer? Jay Woodcroft? Jay Leach? Steve Spott?

None of those names sound that great either. Maybe Mike Sullivan gets fired or something.

I'll switch allegiances if we hire Woodcroft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad