Fire Luke Richardson

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
The only forwards I care about are Bedard, Teuvo, and Dickinson. I don't think there's much of a future with any of the rest of them so it's inconsequential to me if LuRich is handling them like a dufus or not.

The coach and the rest of these players will be gone by the time it matters. Stack Bedard's line and focus on our young defense this season because this collection of forwards couldn't be less important to our future.

I do wish Brodie never saw the ice again already but he was a Vet UFA signing so it's not shocking to me he's getting reps.
Hopefully you're right but I think most of the roster will carry over year to year. They're not going to undo 2+ years of LR influence in a year.

The standard I see right now is to "play the right way", most of the time, like one of the vets that can maybe clear waivers.

Young players skating on eggshells, moving or freezing violently at varying speeds like a squirrel in traffic (KK with the puck last year), instead of making decisions is not a culture I want young players coming up in.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hopefully you're right but I think most of the roster will carry over year to year. They're not going to undo 2+ years of LR influence in a year.

The standard I see right now is to "play the right way", most of the time, like one of the vets that can maybe clear waivers.

Young players skating on eggshells, moving or freezing violently at varying speeds like a squirrel in traffic (KK with the puck last year), instead of making decisions is not a culture I want young players coming up in.
He seems to be doing fine with Vlassic, Kaiser, and Allen no? Maybe Kurashev is too worried about getting scratched so he doesn't know what to do with the puck, but maybe he just doesn't have the NHL wherewithal to make heads up plays consistently especially when slotted into the top 6.

I don't think he's that good of a player. He's 25 years old with 272 games under his belt now. Maybe he needs to play with more talent, since there's a clear shortage of that on our crappy roster but under no circumstance should he be bumping out Teuvo as the LH RW next to Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad