GDT: FIN vs. DEN May 20, 2024

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
It doesn't matter whether Finland wins or not. It's obviously better, but even if they succeed, they will still miss the quarterfinals. I doubt that Austria will drop any points against Great Britain.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I kinda hope we don't make the quarterfinal now. I want this tournament to be over. I'm so terribly disappointed and sad about how this tournament has went so I'd rather watch teams who have the passion and joy.. this Finnish team is so anemic its sad.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Riku Helenius said the most insane thing I've ever heard come out of a sports analyst's mouth.

"6th of August was a good day in Hiroshima if you don't count the bomb". This was obviously a metaphor for Finland's power play getting good looks but not scoring.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It doesn't matter whether Finland wins or not. It's obviously better, but even if they succeed, they will still miss the quarterfinals. I doubt that Austria will drop any points against Great Britain.
There is still a chance for us even if this game is tied, but we do need 2 or 3 points from Swiss.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
There is still a chance for us even if this game is tied, but we do need 2 or 3 points from Swiss.
Ah yes, you are right, I forgot the game against Switzerland. But honestly, do you think Finland will have a chance against Switzerland? I don't mean it in a contemptuous way against Finland, but how they have played so far in this tournament I can't imagine that they will take a point from the game against us (because I live in Switzerland, though I root for Finland too). I'm afraid Finland will lose in regular time against Switzerland and always assuming Austria obtains 3 points against Great Britain, they are fourth as they won against Finland.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Great bounce or awful bounce depending if you are Finnish, Danis or Austrian. What a game

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Ah yes, you are right I forgot the game against Switzerland. But honestly, do you think Finland will have a chance against Switzerland? I don't mean it in a contemptuous way against Finland, but how they have played so far in this tournament I can't imagine that they will take a point from the game against us (because I live in Switzerland, though I root for Finland too). I'm afraid Finland will lose in regular time against Switzerland and always assuming Austria obtains 3 points against Great Britain, they are fourth as they won against Finland.

Finland wasn't bad against Canada, they could beat us

Reactions: Czechboy

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Ah yes, you are right I forgot the game against Switzerland. But honestly, do you think Finland will have a chance against Switzerland? I don't mean it in a contemptuous way against Finland, but how they have played so far in this tournament I can't imagine that they will take a point from the game against us (because I live in Switzerland, though I root for Finland too). I'm afraid Finland will lose in regular time against Switzerland and always assuming Austria obtains 3 points against Great Britain, they are fourth as they won against Finland.
There is always a chance. The game starts 0-0.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I've never seen Mäkinen so excited and relieved. I've heard his calls before but that relief was so sad and amazing at the same time.

Like I could feel the stress in his voice.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've never seen Mäkinen so excited and relieved. I've heard his calls before but that relief was so sad and amazing at the same time.

Like I could feel the stress in his voice.
It would probably be embarrassing for Viaplay to air the first Worlds where Finland doesn't make the playoff stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad