Value of: Filip Zadina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Not to mention the guys knocking on the door: Soderblom is 3rd in SHL goals now, he's coming over. If you think the Wings draft a forward, that guy is going to be playing likely 3rd line wing in a couple of years. Where does Zadina even fit in? That's not to mention all the other guys who are 2 or so years away. There's a flood of guys coming to take his job, and he just hasn't done enough to keep it.

Agreed 100%

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Bert could be dealt. Fabbri isn’t anything special. Other guys aren’t in the NHL yet so we don’t really know what they are. Do you think Zadina is at his peak?

I think Zadina will do well with a change of scenery. That is why there are rumours of him being available. He hasn't done enough to stay in the top 6.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Biggest thing I remember from him is that he said he would make all those that passed over him in the draft regret it. Not sure if that has really happened yet but he has shown enough that whether with the Wings or somewhere else he will get a chance to continue to develop.

Reactions: Patagonia

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So no to Zadina for Turcotte, just out of curiosity what would be needed to bridge that trade? I assume some sort of upside prospect.

Any interest in a Zadina+Hronek package?

Anything similar to huge skating defender or goal scoring winger will do
Neither Zadina or Hronek fit that mold

Reactions: LazyT

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Anything similar to huge skating defender or goal scoring winger will do
Neither Zadina or Hronek fit that mold
If you don't view Zadina as a guy that could still turn into an offensive minded, goal scoring winger, we don't need to continue the conversation.

Frankly, I agree with you. But I think there are a lot of people still out there that think higher of him than you seem to.

We do have Wallinder and Buium that are prospects that are big defenseman that can skate that we could offer up in a package, but I get the feeling your looking for Edvinsson. And that's not happening, so this ain't happening

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
If you don't view Zadina as a guy that could still turn into an offensive minded, goal scoring winger, we don't need to continue the conversation.

Frankly, I agree with you. But I think there are a lot of people still out there that think higher of him than you seem to.

We do have Wallinder and Buium that are prospects that are big defenseman that can skate that we could offer up in a package, but I get the feeling your looking for Edvinsson. And that's not happening, so this ain't happening

I guess you have me totally wrong.

I don't think Zadina is a bad player, he is just not a offensive minded goal scoring winger.
He still has lot's of potential but it will be more towards defensive minded development

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It's really weird watching Zadina play, when he's on the ice, you could tell he's very skillful and should be good enough to produce, yet he doesn't. I feel like this is one of those players that could break out in a change of scenery. Maybe swap him for another young struggling player of similar skill set.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yzerman has discussed this, now maybe his opinion has changed. But I cannot see it at a cut-rate deal. Now I think that might happen in the summer, but for now I think they still want something pretty decent for him.

Should Yzerman, Wings look to trade Zadina? 'Change of scenery in order'

"I look around the league every year at guys that are 25 years old or so that for whatever reason were traded or moved on to another team after they started slow in their careers, and they're playing pretty well," Yzerman said. "At this stage, there’s a lot I like about Fillip’s game. I like his attitude, I like his work ethic, he does have good skills."
Asked if the arc of Zadina's development has been frustrating, Yzerman said, "He's not frustrating to me. I think Filip may be frustrated with himself. He’s a good young man. He’s working really hard. I think his expectations coming out of junior were probably a little bit unrealistic at the time. He’s working hard out there, he’s generating some opportunities, he’s doing a lot of good things.
"He’s just really pressing. I think if we’re patient and we can somehow get him to just relax and go out and play and let his natural instincts take over, things will start to go in for him."

Reactions: ThankGord

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I feel like Yzerman will pull a similar deal like he did with Connolly back in the day with TB.

He will unload him for 2 2nd rounders or best pick...while the kid has potential, when you watch him play, he still struggles and has been passed by others on the team.

There is zero chance he gets 2x2nd for Zadina.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Yzerman has discussed this, now maybe his opinion has changed. But I cannot see it at a cut-rate deal. Now I think that might happen in the summer, but for now I think they still want something pretty decent for him.

Should Yzerman, Wings look to trade Zadina? 'Change of scenery in order'
I agree with everything Stevie said about Zadina, but I still refuse to fully take him at his word. He always keeps his hand close to his vest and is fully capable of keeping a card or two up his sleeve too. I don't expect him to merely punt on Zadina, or any player for that matter, but that doesn't mean he won't listen or explore trade scenarios for him. If anything, I think the emergence of Berggren and the eventual return of Vrana will only cause even more pressure on Zadina as our top 6 Wing spots look to be very competitive going forward and might further cause his confidence to tank.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
When you watch Zadina play, you just assume he scores more. He’s a good hockey player who just needs to create space inside for himself.

Zadina has all the tools to be a 30 goal player in the league. He’s worked very hard at his all around game but just continues to think you can score from the perimeter.

He’s the type who ends up getting it cause he works extremely hard. He’s not a Yak who just thought he’d be Ovechkin by default.

So he’s not hurting Detroit on the ice. He just needs to work on getting his shot off in traffic. Most guys like this do finally get it at some point. Whether that’s working with someone over a summer or having that coach who gets it. With Tanguay around, you would think he’d be that guy. Similar players in many ways.

if I’m Zadina I watch Bertuzzi every shift and take from his game.

It may have to happen somewhere else but people shouldn’t think he’s a bust by any means. The skill is there. Hell, maybe he needs a shrink.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
1. You are a crazy person
2. Sold

We don’t have Carolina’s 1st (traded for Dvorak), so it was just a hypothetical.

It may sound like an “overpayment” but late 1st round picks don’t have the best track record. I’d rather take a proven NHL player that still has some upside. I have always liked how Zadina looked on the ice, even if he does not have the best stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad