Value of: Filip Zadina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Kasperi Kapanen and maybe mid round pick. KK needs a fresh start as much as FZ, and he’s young enough to be part of DET’s team as they turn the corner.

I had this same thought when I heard Kapanen wasn’t working out in Pitt. I think it’s a fair deal but honestly what would keep me from pulling the trigger is that everyone seems to produce in Pitt, so the fact that Kk isn’t while Zadina could potentially explode there makes me wary. Still a reasonable deal though and wouldn’t hate it if it happened.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I had this same thought when I heard Kapanen wasn’t working out in Pitt. I think it’s a fair deal but honestly what would keep me from pulling the trigger is that everyone seems to produce in Pitt, so the fact that Kk isn’t while Zadina could potentially explode there makes me wary. Still a reasonable deal though and wouldn’t hate it if it happened.

It may be a case where he doesn’t thrive in Mike Sullivan’s system. He scored 20G in Toronto. Maybe less pressure in a team like DET and with the other talent they have, would be a good low pressure spot to get his game back on track.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Zadina problem is skating. DET being fast pace, limits his abilities. I believe he could benefit with a change. Doubt he gets moved unless it’s a larger package.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Any possibility of a Zadina - Turcotte swap from LA?
I think Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan will be up for trade first cause they are waiver eligible next year. Turcotte will be after that in the next batch of players they decide to sell in favor of keeping veterans and two way coaches favorite type guys.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Zadina problem is skating. DET being fast pace, limits his abilities. I believe he could benefit with a change. Doubt he gets moved unless it’s a larger package.

Detroit isn't really fast paced. The better criticism is that he doesn't have the skating to play the game the way that he wants to. There are plenty of worse skating forwards in the league with much better productivity. Those players, however, seem to have a better understanding of where to go and when.

Reactions: Reddwit

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I'm curious about Turcotte and Vilardi in LA myself. Vilardi wasn't awful last year. Why has he spent all year in the minors? And how is Turcotte looking this season? Are his low point totals from usage? That Ontario Reign team looks deep.

Reactions: LazyT

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I mean Zadina wouldn’t even be the main piece for a rental Hertl. I understand your point here that Sharks don’t have many pieces that fit that C though. Sharks actually have a lot of LD prospects though with Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk, Guryev. If Knyzhov wasn’t hurt I’d suggest something around him as he’d be a perfect partner for Seider.

While I specifically mentioned the Sharks as I’m a Sharks fan and want him, I didn’t include them in the title because I’m interested where Zadina would go and what fans think the trade would look like
Did you just ask about Zadina, then proceed to suggest that players like Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk and Guryev would be the type of pieces going back? To Detroit of all teams that have Seider, Hronek, Lindstrom in the NHL all under 25, and McIsaac, Buium, Viro, Sebrango, Wallinder, Johansson and Edvinsson in their system.
None of those Shark prospects get even close to Zadina regardless of if he's reached his potential, and given the Red Wings system they wouldn't be of interest for any reason.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Did you just ask about Zadina, then proceed to suggest that players like Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk and Guryev would be the type of pieces going back? To Detroit of all teams that have Seider, Hronek, Lindstrom in the NHL all under 25, and McIsaac, Buium, Viro, Sebrango, Wallinder, Johansson and Edvinsson in their system.
None of those Shark prospects get even close to Zadina regardless of if he's reached his potential, and given the Red Wings system they wouldn't be of interest for any reason.
Stop trying to cherry-pick parts of a conversation. No where did I suggest a one for one deal for any of those guys. Also the guy made it sound like DET needed LD prospects. Fun to get the whole context and not jump in huh?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I'm curious about Turcotte and Vilardi in LA myself. Vilardi wasn't awful last year. Why has he spent all year in the minors? And how is Turcotte looking this season? Are his low point totals from usage? That Ontario Reign team looks deep.
We dont know why Vilardi is not in the NHL. He was the best player in training camp and his line got broken up from injuries by the time season started and he was pretty bad for like 5 games. Been in the minors ever since. Some think the coach/organization is over him.
Turcotte looks pretty good but needs to bulk up because he keeps getting hurt with his playing style against men.
No Kings rookies in the NHL or AHL are getting much powerplay time or top line minutes. Its either they are taking their time developing them wanting them to learn from veterans or they just decided to bring a lot of players in for a covid season to have depth to make the playoffs. Not many understand the treatment of their blue chip prospects. If Zadina were a King hed be in the minors and Raymond would have had to start in a bottom six checking role and earn his way into the top six in a year or two.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I’d love him on the Sharks. What would you be looking for? My guess is C, maybe RD? I don’t know if there’s a good hockey trade with the Sharks specifically but would be interesting what other teams think.

Detroit needs a 2C and top 4 LD we're stacked at RD, All depends on what happens with Tomas Hertl If Doug Wilson can't resign him and he'd be willing to waive for Detroit i do something around Zadina with other pieces for a sign and trade Tomas Hertl possibly include Hronek if Yzerman goes after Petry and other prospects and picks to even it out.

I mean Zadina wouldn’t even be the main piece for a rental Hertl. I understand your point here that Sharks don’t have many pieces that fit that C though. Sharks actually have a lot of LD prospects though with Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk, Guryev. If Knyzhov wasn’t hurt I’d suggest something around him as he’d be a perfect partner for Seider.

While I specifically mentioned the Sharks as I’m a Sharks fan and want him, I didn’t include them in the title because I’m interested where Zadina would go and what fans think the trade would look like

So to clarify - not cherry picking or jumping in without context - you asked about Zadina "I'd love Zadina on the Sharks..." You the suggested that Detroit might be interested in C or RD....

Detroit fan: "We need C and top 4 LD, we're stacked at RD....." Suggests Zadina + for a rental Hertl

You: "Zadina wouldn't be the main piece...." "Sharks are loaded at LD prospects" (not what the Detroit fan asked about by the way) mention "Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk, Guryev" and suggest "something around Knyzhov because he would be the perfect partner for Seider"

ME: Never mentioned anything about 1 for 1, but comment on wanting Zadina but offering bottom pairing/NHL long shot prospects (if half of them can even be considered that). Detroit never said they needed LHD prospects (your misunderstanding). So my reply was with full context, was not jumping in or cherry picking.

Sometimes a poor offer is just a poor offer, don't lash out at me for questioning the value.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So to clarify - not cherry picking or jumping in without context - you asked about Zadina "I'd love Zadina on the Sharks..." You the suggested that Detroit might be interested in C or RD....

Detroit fan: "We need C and top 4 LD, we're stacked at RD....." Suggests Zadina + for a rental Hertl

You: "Zadina wouldn't be the main piece...." "Sharks are loaded at LD prospects" (not what the Detroit fan asked about by the way) mention "Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk, Guryev" and suggest "something around Knyzhov because he would be the perfect partner for Seider"

ME: Never mentioned anything about 1 for 1, but comment on wanting Zadina but offering bottom pairing/NHL long shot prospects (if half of them can even be considered that). Detroit never said they needed LHD prospects (your misunderstanding). So my reply was with full context, was not jumping in or cherry picking.

Sometimes a poor offer is just a poor offer, don't lash out at me for questioning the value.
Funny that you call Knyzhov bottom pair when he’s exclusively played top 4. Hatakka, Kniazev both have top 4 potential so I’m so sorry that I missed a single word. I also never suggested an offer.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Funny that you call Knyzhov bottom pair when he’s exclusively played top 4. Hatakka, Kniazev both have top 4 potential so I’m so sorry that I missed a single word. I also never suggested an offer.
On a team with cup aspirations Knyzhov is not a top 4 dman in my opinion. I could see Kniazev being a 200 game NHLer (realistically bottom pairing) and I think Hatakka is a long shot at best. I could be wrong, I'm not a scout.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kings need to stop hoarding young centers/center prospects. Share one with Detroit. Add/subtract from there depending on which one.

And who would you offer for our prospects?
It certainly can't be Zadina, so please enlighten me

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Not sure if this is a serious question.

We have John Turcotte, a hot dog salesman in section 319.
I would consider this swap, we can't possily talk about Alex Turcotte.

The point is that the Kings are stacking youngsters on all positions.
The only 2 missing parts are a towering defender who can skate and a goal scoring winger.
Zadina is neither and that means we don't trade for him if the asking price is substantial

The only possible trade would be someone we consider as not part of our future.
Someone like Wagner comes to my mind

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Vilardi was send down to learn to play wing and Turcotte was injured.
Those guys will only go for something we really need.

Goal scoring offensive minded winger or huge defender who can skate

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Why keep him though? He is not and isn't going to be part of our top 6. On the bottom 6 we have Berggren who is ready next season. Soderblom is coming over. Plus we already have guys like Rasmussen, Veleno and Erne signed.

Yes Zadina's value is low but I don't see how it is going to go up anytime soon. I think it is best to move on from and get something while we still can. I do not see him breaking out on Detroit in the bottom 6.

How do you know for sure that a 22 year old won’t be in the top 6?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
How do you know for sure that a 22 year old won’t be in the top 6?

Who is he playing over in the 6 in Detroit?
Vrana, Raymond, Bertuzzi and Fabbri with Berggren almost ready.
Zadina has played in the top 6 this season just like he did last year and he hasnt produced.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Zadina has played in the top 6 this season just like he did last year and he hasnt produced.
Not to mention the guys knocking on the door: Soderblom is 3rd in SHL goals now, he's coming over. If you think the Wings draft a forward, that guy is going to be playing likely 3rd line wing in a couple of years. Where does Zadina even fit in? That's not to mention all the other guys who are 2 or so years away. There's a flood of guys coming to take his job, and he just hasn't done enough to keep it.

Reactions: Go Wings

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Not sure if this is a serious question.

We have John Turcotte, a hot dog salesman in section 319.
I would consider this swap, we can't possily talk about Alex Turcotte.

The point is that the Kings are stacking youngsters on all positions.
The only 2 missing parts are a towering defender who can skate and a goal scoring winger.
Zadina is neither and that means we don't trade for him if the asking price is substantial

The only possible trade would be someone we consider as not part of our future.
Someone like Wagner comes to my mind

So no to Zadina for Turcotte, just out of curiosity what would be needed to bridge that trade? I assume some sort of upside prospect.

Any interest in a Zadina+Hronek package?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Bert could be dealt. Fabbri isn’t anything special. Other guys aren’t in the NHL yet so we don’t really know what they are. Do you think Zadina is at his peak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad