Value of: Filip Zadina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’d love him on the Sharks. What would you be looking for? My guess is C, maybe RD? I don’t know if there’s a good hockey trade with the Sharks specifically but would be interesting what other teams think.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I’d love him on the Sharks. What would you be looking for? My guess is C, maybe RD? I don’t know if there’s a good hockey trade with the Sharks specifically but would be interesting what other teams think.
Detroit needs a 2C and top 4 LD we're stacked at RD, All depends on what happens with Tomas Hertl If Doug Wilson can't resign him and he'd be willing to waive for Detroit i do something around Zadina with other pieces for a sign and trade Tomas Hertl possibly include Hronek if Yzerman goes after Petry and other prospects and picks to even it out.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Detroit needs a 2C and top 4 LD we're stacked at RD, All depends on what happens with Tomas Hertl If Doug Wilson can't resign him and he'd be willing to waive for Detroit i do something around Zadina with other pieces for a sign and trade Tomas Hertl possibly include Hronek if Yzerman goes after Petry and other prospects and picks to even it out.
I mean Zadina wouldn’t even be the main piece for a rental Hertl. I understand your point here that Sharks don’t have many pieces that fit that C though. Sharks actually have a lot of LD prospects though with Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk, Guryev. If Knyzhov wasn’t hurt I’d suggest something around him as he’d be a perfect partner for Seider.
Unrelated but I can see a Hoglander Zadina swap
While I specifically mentioned the Sharks as I’m a Sharks fan and want him, I didn’t include them in the title because I’m interested where Zadina would go and what fans think the trade would look like

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I mean Zadina wouldn’t even be the main piece for a rental Hertl. I understand your point here that Sharks don’t have many pieces that fit that C though. Sharks actually have a lot of LD prospects though with Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka, Paschinuk, Guryev. If Knyzhov wasn’t hurt I’d suggest something around him as he’d be a perfect partner for Seider.

While I specifically mentioned the Sharks as I’m a Sharks fan and want him, I didn’t include them in the title because I’m interested where Zadina would go and what fans think the trade would look like
Detroit is stacked at both RD and LD so we don't need any LD pieces form the Sharks. Detroit's LD prospects are Edvinsson/Johansson/Sebrango/Wallinder/McIsaac and plenty more where that came from. I'm only going by what Frank Seravalli said that Yzerman has strong interest in Hertl should he be moved and is willing to waive for Detroit Yzerman wants to win now not later and is willing to move decent pieces for a 2C.

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wings be giving up on him kind of quick aren't they? He was a high pick.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Recently Lias Andersson, Glass and Kotkaniemi come to mind (Kravtsov seems to be on the block) : if you think you made a draft mistake, this is a sunk cost and if the prospect is not a fit, it is possible to trade him.
Not a dump, different scenaios. Koktaniemi was offer sheeted Montreal never had no choice. Andersson, Kratsov don't seem to want to play in NHL.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I feel like Yzerman will pull a similar deal like he did with Connolly back in the day with TB.

He will unload him for 2 2nd rounders or best pick...while the kid has potential, when you watch him play, he still struggles and has been passed by others on the team.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Not a dump, different scenaios. Koktaniemi was offer sheeted Montreal never had no choice. Andersson, Kratsov don't seem to want to play in NHL.

I am not saying he is a dump, I am saying the fact that he was selected 6OA is irrelevant, it is a sunk cost.

I never heard they don't want to play in the NHL, just are not good enough to do so. ;)

Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Zadina's value is somewhere around two 2nd round picks, I believe. Something around Sanheim would be fun for Detroit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Recently Lias Andersson, Glass and Kotkaniemi come to mind (Kravtsov seems to be on the block) : if you think you made a draft mistake, this is a sunk cost and if the prospect is not a fit, it is possible to trade him.
I feel like Yzerman will pull a similar deal like he did with Connolly back in the day with TB.

He will unload him for 2 2nd rounders or best pick...while the kid has potential, when you watch him play, he still struggles and has been passed by others on the team.
Andersson, Glass and Connolly all had trouble even sticking in the NHL.

Zadina is struggling but he's not some zero value borderline-NHL player.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Kasperi Kapanen and maybe mid round pick. KK needs a fresh start as much as FZ, and he’s young enough to be part of DET’s team as they turn the corner.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

The thing is Zadina is already pretty established and his defensive game is getting better and better. Those guys you mention were fringe NHL who had trouble getting bottom-6 mins on an NHL team. If Zadina unlocks his offensive potential he might become as good a Lehtinen was if he doesnt he will still be a valuable two-way forward for the middle-6.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Kings need to stop hoarding young centers/center prospects. Share one with Detroit. Add/subtract from there depending on which one.

Reactions: Reddwit

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

First 4 years:

Zadina: 138GP 22G 32A
Connolly: 134GP 18G 14A

While he has put up more assists, I think they've both struggled to find consistency....and this isn't to say he has zero value, but I think we need to adjust his potential. IMO, when players are drafted 6th overall you'd want to see more progress.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Detroit has a lot of depth winger... depth coming, so it increasingly doesn't make sense to hold onto a tweener winger who works really hard but just doesn't really fit his role.

He's going to see competition from guys like Jonathan Berggren, Elmer Soderblom, and maybe somebody like Mastrosimone next year. Then guys like Niederbach and Mazur improved a lot this year and will probably challenge for a job the year after that. And Yzerman is probably going to sign someone in the offseason. This is pretty much the last season the Wings will have a winger roster spot to experiment with.

Not to mention whoever they draft this year will probably be playing winger in 2 years.

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I'm probably in the minority here amongst Wings fans, but I'd much rather just keep Zadina. His low production thus far has tanked his value and his potential is still worth more than a couple of picks, imo.

He's played decently well outside of his low production, but the potential to break out is still there. He's very cost controlled, young, and the team isn't in any huge rush to move him immediately.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Detroit is stacked at both RD and LD so we don't need any LD pieces form the Sharks. Detroit's LD prospects are Edvinsson/Johansson/Sebrango/Wallinder/McIsaac and plenty more where that came from. I'm only going by what Frank Seravalli said that Yzerman has strong interest in Hertl should he be moved and is willing to waive for Detroit Yzerman wants to win now not later and is willing to move decent pieces for a 2C.
Totally forgot Wallinder and Johansson existed. Thing with Hertl is he is much more than a normal 2C. He’d cost a whole lot on top of Zadina.
I'm probably in the minority here amongst Wings fans, but I'd much rather just keep Zadina. His low production thus far has tanked his value and his potential is still worth more than a couple of picks, imo.

He's played decently well outside of his low production, but the potential to break out is still there. He's very cost controlled, young, and the team isn't in any huge rush to move him immediately.
That’s kind of what I would think too but not what the rumors are making it seem like to me. I do agree though and don’t think Yzerman will move him for the sake of moving him.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

Why keep him though? He is not and isn't going to be part of our top 6. On the bottom 6 we have Berggren who is ready next season. Soderblom is coming over. Plus we already have guys like Rasmussen, Veleno and Erne signed.

Yes Zadina's value is low but I don't see how it is going to go up anytime soon. I think it is best to move on from and get something while we still can. I do not see him breaking out on Detroit in the bottom 6.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I did not compare their value at all, I was merely answering on somebody saying it is early to trade a high draft pick and I mentioned it is rare but not impossible and gave examples.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kings need to stop hoarding young centers/center prospects. Share one with Detroit. Add/subtract from there depending on which one.
The funny think is they keep drafting centers. Realize they cant play a 200 foot selke caliber game at 19-21 years old in a bottom six role with little ice time and no special teams. Then convert them to wing to play in a grinder role. If you are patient I imagine one or two could be on waivers soon enough or had for peanuts in a trade.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

I haven’t heard about this. Do you have a source for this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad