Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Just saying you're kinda stating the obvious here and that "there's no guarantees" and "nobody knows for sure" isn't much of an argument for anything.

I'm calling it based on the players we have, their trajectories so far and the type of team Kent is trying to build.
Laine's current trajectory for the past few years has been downward. It's why the Habs acquired him basically for free. Counting on him to be with the team past his current contract of two years is very presumptuous, IMO. Having a backup plan for him in case he's only a short term option in the top 6 is important.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Laine's current trajectory for the past few years has been downward. It's why the Habs acquired him basically for free. Counting on him to be with the team past his current contract of two years is very presumptuous, IMO. Having a backup plan for him in case he's only a short term option in the top 6 is important.

Demidov, Hage, Roy are a good back-up plan for that.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Sure, there's an infinitesimally-small chance of that happening; like "0,00000... (an almost infinite number of zeroes later)... 1%" chance.

But yeah, little tongue-in-cheek (but accurate) joke aside I understand your argument and your blatant disregard for what you probably consider to be a boring, overly-cautious stance on things.

I understand it but I don't share that viewpoint, and so I respectfully agree to disagree.
I've never ignored someone so fast on these forums lol it's nothing but baiting and trolling. Don't fall for it.

Not to mention, if he does return to form.. are we going to be able to afford him and the massive contract he'll want? Do you even take the chance? There's so many question marks in this rebuilding organization. It's just bizarre posting.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
What? You really live in your own little world, don't you?

It’s pretty straight-forward lol.

Can't wait until he makes you eat crow.

We'll accept a YouTube video.
I’m saying let’s make this interesting atleast and make it a bet.
Or maybe you’re getting nervous?

So if Mesar doesn’t ever end up a regular with us, we’ll be expecting you to post your own video. Deal.

Last edited:

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I thought Mesar showed some good things yesterday, and I was happy to see him show some physical engagement. He's not ready yet, and may never be, but there is certainly a toolset for the organization to work with to help build him into an NHL player.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That's great. That still doesn't answer who's he beating out?

Except that in reality, it's not in a vacuum. Fortunalely it seems we're getting near a point where we finally have too much depth and it just becomes more of a numbers game in his case.

The way she goes.
If he is in Laval this year there is no way to know who is on the Habs next season. Injuries, trades etc can change the situation.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If he is in Laval this year there is no way to know who is on the Habs next season. Injuries, trades etc can change the situation.
Sure. I still don’t think he beats out the other options ahead of him for a bottom-6 role. Unless like 5-6 of them get injured/traded, which isn’t happening.

Last edited:

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I thought he had a decent game last night but you see he isn't ready for the big show. Although he did better than what he did in the prospects games. I think Mesar will definitely benefit of playing a season or two in Laval.

We have an abundance of forwards anyways, there is no point in rushing him this season!
Agreed. He looks very small out there. Needs to bulk up. He’s fast and had some good chances though.

Reactions: Habs 4 Life

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I thought Mesar showed some good things yesterday, and I was happy to see him show some physical engagement. He's not ready yet, and may never be, but there is certainly a toolset for the organization to work with to help build him into an NHL player.
If a guy just isn’t going to make it, I’d still like him to be solid in the ahl at least while he’s here. It’d be nice to have Laval start being successful. Yes, I hope this for the Habs too of course.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
If a guy just isn’t going to make it, I’d still like him to be solid in the ahl at least while he’s here. It’d be nice to have Laval start being successful. Yes, I hope this for the Habs too of course.

He'll do great in the A, how great he'd do in the NHL is a debatable subject. If he's given the chance to play in the top 6 (after some seasoning in the A), he'll produce, if he's plugged into the bottom 6, I don't think he'll produce, and that probably means he wouldn't be able to work himself from the bottom 6 to the top 6.

At his high end, he could be a Sergei Samsonov, at the lower end, David Desharnais, absolute bottom he'll be a PPG player in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad