Value of: Filip Forsberg to the Canucks?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
I don't get why kuzmenko isn't given any value here? He had more points in his Rookie season last year than forsberg has had in all but 1 season.

Because now that he's not shooting >27% for the season, there are pretty substantial questions about the player he really is. Nashville already saw one of their players go through that regression with Jeannot. He has value, just not as a centerpiece in a trade for Forsberg.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
You are getting out of the backend of the contract which would be the same reason San Jose traded EK. If you go through a rebuild you don’t want that salary on your books when you are ready to take the next step. I don’t understand why people don’t get that once you sign a player to a retirement contract going into their late 30’s you either keep that player or you get pennies on the dollar for them because nobody want to trade for term especially if it’s an older player. So, yes Nashville would probably be much better of keeping him because his value is not all that high.
You’re also getting out of the front end. If the team is a bottom feeder, that makes sense, get value where you can. Winning, even as a low end playoff team, generates tremendous revenue. Getting a current playoff team to dump seasons is going to be grossly expensive. Remember, the teams are interested in winning, but they’re more interested in making money.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
You are getting out of the backend of the contract which would be the same reason San Jose traded EK. If you go through a rebuild you don’t want that salary on your books when you are ready to take the next step. I don’t understand why people don’t get that once you sign a player to a retirement contract going into their late 30’s you either keep that player or you get pennies on the dollar for them because nobody want to trade for term especially if it’s an older player. So, yes Nashville would probably be much better of keeping him because his value is not all that high.

Nashville just signed ROR to a 4 year deal. So tell me again. How does it benefit them? They don’t seem to interested in a tear down.

Your whole premise of getting out of the backend of a deal is great. But Karlssson was in a much different situation.

There are very few teams who are trying to shed guys.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Nashville just signed ROR to a 4 year deal. So tell me again. How does it benefit them? They don’t seem to interested in a tear down.

Your whole premise of getting out of the backend of a deal is great. But Karlssson was in a much different situation.

There are very few teams who are trying to shed guys.
My last line says the would be better off keeping him. I was saying if they shifted their mind set to a rebuild that getting out of the contract would help in the long term. Also, the whole trade is irrelevant because players with that much term and that high aav in their 30's are rarely if ever trade. I still stand by my point that he has no where near the value Predators fans thinks he has.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
I don't get why kuzmenko isn't given any value here? He had more points in his Rookie season last year than forsberg has had in all but 1 season.
An overager who played with one of the best centers in hockey and is regressing in his age 27 season, vs Forsberg who is on pace for 90 points and has single handedly carried Nashville's group of forwards for almost a decade

Not saying Kuzmenko is a bad piece, but trying to paint him as a 19 year old rookie who had 70+ is such an inaccurate representation of the reality

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The Canucks need a Top 6 winger and I'm curious if Forsberg would be a good fit and what it would cost to acquire him.

Here are two proposals to consider. Feel free to make your own as well!

1st Proposal - 2025 1st, 2026 3rd & Garland
2nd Propsal - 2025 1st, 2026 2nd & Kuzmenko
Those are both garbage proposals and Preds easily say no to each.

Kuzmenko had an insane shooting percentage last year (like 28% or thereabouts).

This year.. he doesn’t. And the results are obvious.

A projected low 1st rounder and middling pick and a cap dump for a 1C. Gtfo with that lousy offer.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My last line says the would be better off keeping him. I was saying if they shifted their mind set to a rebuild that getting out of the contract would help in the long term. Also, the whole trade is irrelevant because players with that much term and that high aav in their 30's are rarely if ever trade. I still stand by my point that he has no where near the value Predators fans thinks he has.
It doesn't matter if we shift our mindset, he has a full NMC anyways so unless he and his wife decide they want to live in another city his value doesn't matter anyways. Considering her career I don't see that happening.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
An overager who played with one of the best centers in hockey and is regressing in his age 27 season, vs Forsberg who is on pace for 90 points and has single handedly carried Nashville's group of forwards for almost a decade

Not saying Kuzmenko is a bad piece, but trying to paint him as a 19 year old rookie who had 70+ is such an inaccurate representation of the reality

Wouldn't paint forsberg as a 90 point guy either he's never come close to that.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Wouldn't paint forsberg as a 90 point guy either he's never come close to that.
Most due to injuries. He would have easily hit 90 in 22, if he had played more than 69 games, and I'd say 84 points is close to 90, especially in only 69 games, that's close to a 100 point pace. He's playing at a 91 point pace right now.

Reactions: beardawg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad