Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Wake me when you ever have a source or citation for anything you say.

And if you feel "bullied," it's on you. I don't do this to people who actually source things. So be mad at yourself. Let this be a "stop hitting yourself" learning experience for you.

I don’t need a source. It’s all speculation. Including whatever Boyle is doing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don’t need a source. It’s all speculation. Including whatever Boyle is doing.

Brian Boyle is literally a media personality and, thus, IS a source. Just like Larry Brooks. Just like Mollie Walker. This is literally how this works. You're not in the Rangers media. You have no sources in the room.

How do you continue to push back on this when it just makes you look worse and worse?

Again, you did the same stuff with the dumb Kakko/Selke argument. I, of course, sourced everything. I'm sorry that you think I'm a "bully" for not being lazy.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Brian Boyle is literally a media personality and, thus, IS a source. Just like Larry Brooks. Just like Mollie Walker. This is literally how this works. You're not in the Rangers media. You have no sources in the room.

Boyle is speculating.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Boyle is speculating.

Boyle, Brooks, and Walker all have friends and direct sources int he room. Stop. This is embarrassing. You're so arrogant that you think you know as much as them? Just comical stuff.

You're not a serious poster. I should have learned this with the Kakko stuff when you were just wrong and ranting about it all.

The only person I bully is myself - by not cutting off interaction with certain people.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The ironic thing is that you probably believe substantially the same thing as me based on what you said on the last page, where a poster said:

Hard for me to believe the bonds are so fragile that swapping Rempe for Chytil would cause any fractures. These guys are pros who all want desperately to win a Cup. They want whatever gives them the best chance of that.

I have a lot of faith that this coaching staff will make the right move. If it's Chytil, great, if it's Rempe, great. I have zero concern over how the players would receive it either way.
To which you replied:

Agreed. If Gallant was still the coach, I'd question things.

But we have a competant adult as our coach currently.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Any speculation by Boyle or otherwise is just that.

So arguing against putting in Chytil by voting “the roooooom!!!!” is pointless.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Exactly. It's not just about "derrrr fighting / tuffness" - there's a lot to it in the room and on the ice.

Just look at the galvanizing moment where Rempe knew he had to fight and all four of his line mates decided that they weren't going to let him do that alone.

100%. Couldn't agree more. This team is a team. That game against the Devils in my opinion was the most important game of the season

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why do we care what Brian Boyle said? Of course Brian Boyle would say that. His role, for most of his career, was as a 4th line energy guy.

In any case, this is a strange argument. We're not talking about Rempe vs another 4th liner. We're talking about Rempe vs a guy who scored 20 goals, 45 points last year, and was expected to be the teams 2nd/3rd lien center. If he's ready of course you put him in. There's an enormous difference in player quality. The whole "wait until you lose" argument is not a good one. If you can improve the team you do it now. Why would you intentionally play an inferior lineup and only make a change after it bites you?

Rempe also had a pretty bad game today. He took another penalty. Whether or not it should have been called is besides the point. Refs call stuff on him so you have to adjust. In either case, he got away with a board on Orlov 5 seconds before it. He got stuck on the ice for three extremely long shifts. And yet again he got benched for the entire third period the second it became a one goal game. You can't have a guy in your lineup who isn't trusted to play when the game is tight, is extremely prone to taking penalties, and doesn't provide value on either the PP or PK.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Why do we care what Brian Boyle said? Of course Brian Boyle would say that. His role, for most of his career, was as a 4th line energy guy.

In any case, this is a strange argument. We're not talking about Rempe vs another 4th liner. We're talking about Rempe vs a guy who scored 20 goals, 45 points last year, and was expected to be the teams 2nd/3rd lien center. If he's ready of course you put him in. There's an enormous difference in player quality. The whole "wait until you lose" argument is not a good one. If you can improve the team you do it now. Why would you intentionally play an inferior lineup and only make a change after it bites you?

Rempe also had a pretty bad game today. He took another penalty. Whether or not it should have been called is besides the point. Refs call stuff on him so you have to adjust. In either case, he got away with a board on Orlov 5 seconds before it. He got stuck on the ice for three extremely long shifts. And yet again he got benched for the entire third period the second it became a one goal game. You can't have a guy in your lineup who isn't trusted to play when the game is tight, is extremely prone to taking penalties, and doesn't provide value on either the PP or PK.
It's stunning that this isn't obvious to people.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The idea that Brian Boyle, who has a number of friends on the team, has done work for MSG, and works for the Post with Larry Brooks, knows as little as you do about the locker room is . . .

Probably one of the most stupidly arrogant things I've read on this board in a while.

Congrats on that one. I love it when people post stuff like this. It just shows you who is not a serious individual.

How's Kakko's Selke candidacy looking?

Let's say he's right and it'll have a negative effect on the lockerroom. That is an indictment on the team. That means they're friggin fragile. If they are so down that the team improves their talent and chances to win the cup that's a toxic lockerroom. You've never had your friends laid off at work? Could you tell your boss without getting laughed at that your performance dropped becuase of it? This is bullshit, why are we treating millionaire athletes like children?

Reactions: mas0764

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Let's say he's right and it'll have a negative effect on the lockerroom. That is an indictment on the team. That means they're friggin fragile. If they are so down that the team improves their talent and chances to win the cup that's a toxic lockerroom. You've never had your friends laid off at work? Could you tell your boss without getting laughed at that your performance dropped becuase of it? This is bullshit, why are we treating millionaire athletes like children?
Here’s the thing. I don’t know. Neither do you.

The good thing is at least WE both realize neither of us know. 😂

Rempe was fine today and we won. Five in a row, now. Hard to fully argue with the results.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

“Ur not a serious poster.”

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why do we care what Brian Boyle said?
Yeah. Why do we care about what people close to the team are saying when we have guys on here that can pull opinions out of their ass.

Great point.

This may be the dumbest discourse I’ve seen here in ages. We are winning, the team doesn’t feel the need to replace the guy.

Some of you guys need to stop pretending to know more than the team or people close to it.

I don’t even f***ing care what we do. I’m fine either way. This idea that HFB randoms know more about a team now 5-0 is so laughably arrogant.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Chytil should be line 3. Wenn to line 4. Rempe to the press box. We all know that makes the team better.

BUT, it is nice that we have the option to try and change momentum if we go down in a series with Chytil. I just think it’ll wrongly be Chytil for Jack.

Reactions: mas0764

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Again, how’s Kakko’s Selke campaign looking? I remember how little you could source or cite, there. 😂

Chytil should be line 3. Wenn to line 4. Rempe to the press box. We all know that makes the team better.

BUT, it is nice that we have the option to try and change momentum if we go down in a series with Chytil. I just think it’ll wrongly be Chytil for Jack.

Would be fine with that, too. I’m fine with whatever the team wants to do since it’s well-run and the results speak for themselves. Really my only point, frankly.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
No one here is “pretending to know more than the team.” Brian Boyle isn’t on the team.

People said, with very good reason, that it’s probably a good idea to make Rempe the guy to come out when Chytil is ready, to which a poster said “but what kind of message will that send to the room?”

It sends the message that you are trying to win because Chytil is way, way better.

If anyone is pretending to know stuff it’s the person who is implying a locker room meltdown if Rempe is scratched. No reason to believe that will be the case if Lavi decides it’s best.

Thats all. Of course there are some on here with an axe to grind.

Reactions: TominNC

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

5-0 in the playoffs with him in the lineup (first time since '94). I know, LET'S MAKE A LINEUP CHANGE. Sounds like a Gallant move. Until the Rangers lose, he should stay in. Chytil hasn't played for months and, honestly, the move might be the right one but it should be made at the right time. Pulling Rempe at the moment just gets the players starting to ask the wrong questions. And we have no idea what to expect from Chytil who might be one hit away from ending his career. I don't blame the Rangers AT ALL for being cautious particularly since they aren't losing.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Just be careful when we get into “you don’t know more than the coach/team” stuff. Cause the last 2 years, we were all right and were proven right with Laf on line 2.

Now Lavy seems to know what he’s doing. So “you don’t know more than Lavy” is fair to say.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
5-0 in the playoffs with him in the lineup (first time since '94). I know, LET'S MAKE A LINEUP CHANGE. Sounds like a Gallant move. Until the Rangers lose, he should stay in. Chytil hasn't played for months and, honestly, the move might be the right one but it should be made at the right time. Pulling Rempe at the moment just gets the players starting to ask the wrong questions. And we have no idea what to expect from Chytil who might be one hit away from ending his career. I don't blame the Rangers AT ALL for being cautious particularly since they aren't losing.
Well said.

Reactions: skipmowerman

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Just be careful when we get into “you don’t know more than the coach/team” stuff. Cause the last 2 years, we were all right and were proven right with Laf on line 2.

Now Lavy seems to know what he’s doing. So “you don’t know more than Lavy” is fair to say.
Yeah, Quinn and Gallant never earned this kind of trust.

I literally never said that.
You ABSOLUTELY implied it. GTFO of here with this crap.

Doing the identical thing you pulled in the Kakko thread. Lmfao.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
My hope, the Rangers go 16-0 with this lineup.

The realistic view, he only waits for one loss to get Chytil in, the third line has been great possession wise, but Wennberg never shoots.

Put Chytil in the lineup with Kakko and Cuylle and I think the line gets even better.

Wennberg slides down with Vesey and Goodrow for a defense, late in games, PK work.

Also, all it might take is an injury to a forward, and both Chytil and Rempe are in, it’s a long run, injuries are going to happen.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
My hope, the Rangers go 16-0 with this lineup.

The realistic view, he only waits for one loss to get Chytil in, the third line has been great possession wise, but Wennberg never shoots.

Put Chytil in the lineup with Kakko and Cuylle and I think the line gets even better.

Wennberg slides down with Vesey and Goodrow for a defense, late in games, PK work.

Also, all it might take is an injury to a forward, and both Chytil and Rempe are in, it’s a long run, injuries are going to happen.

Yeah, this is what I expect. If we lose and Rempe was ineffective, he’s out Chytil in. Getting those vibes. Saving him for a spark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad