Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Brian Boyle is a Rangers media source, a Rangers reporter and employed by the team and Up in the Blue Seats podcast lead. Of course he has an inkling about if or what kind of impact Rempe is having.

Not the move to make until the Rangers lose. There's no reason to. Let Chytil skate more, get his legs under him, etc...

Nobody is saying that the room will melt down. Stop with the over the top hyperbole. It WILL have an impact to some degree if you're making a lineup change to a team that's won five playoff games in a row.

This Ranger team has proven, so far, to be a very resilient group but why mess with the sauce when it's successful.

Nobody, to my knowledge, has said Rempe is a better player than Chytil. There's a lot to consider here though. Rempe out and Chytil in messes with lines that are currently successful no matter where you put him unless it's on the 4th line (where he clearly doesn't belong).

Waiting for them to lose before we improve the lineup significantly is like waiting for Pearl Harbor before joining the war.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I find this offensive. I may have put on a few pounds but calling me “the room” is insensitive and unnecessary.

But yes, winning streak or no, Chytil should be playing assuming he is ready. Scratch Rempe or Wennberg or Roslovic and it’s still a net positive.
Ridiculous. He's playing at a point per game pace.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Kreider-Zibby-Roslovic
Panarin-Trochek-Laf
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Wennberg-Goodrow

Rempe rotates in for Goodrow depending on the game (although Goodrow kills penalties and Rempe does not so maybe just sit Rempe)

This improves 3C, 4C and Goodrow seems to be better at W than C too.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Love Chytil but it is coaching 101 that you DO NOT f*ck with a team who has trailed for 3:23 throughout its first 5 playoff games.

And I truly believe Chytil is the third line scoring catalyst we dream of.
I'd take Vesey out. Drop Wennberg down on the 4th.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Change the lineup and lose - get questioned for changing the lineups
Keep the lineup the same and lose - get questioned for playing an inferior lineup

Either way you get questioned. So just play the significantly better player. We're not talking Rempe vs Brodzinski or Pitlick or Bonino here.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Change the lineup and lose - get questioned for changing the lineups
Keep the lineup the same and lose - get questioned for playing an inferior lineup

Either way you get questioned. So just play the significantly better player. We're not talking Rempe vs Brodzinski or Pitlick or Bonino here.

Lavi is old school as f*ck.

No Chytil until a bomb.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I roll with this lineup until they lose and then if they feel hes ready and can make a difference you put him in.

Rempe will sit. They are not sitting Vesey, Goodrow or Roslovic for Rempe. If you dont think that, I dont know what you game you are watching.

There is one thing that makes me hesitate putting in Chytil and it has nothing to do Rempe. That third line has been very good with Wennberg in the middle. Yes, they havent produced many goals, but they have been a very consistent line with a handful of shifts in the Canes end. Thats super important in this series. The Rangers get hemmed into the zone for long stretches and that could wear the D down, especially Fox. You need to have sustained time in the other end 5 on 5 and that line has shown they can do that and not give up anything the other way. Thats just as important as scoring goals - if you giving up chances and goals on the other end.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I roll with this lineup until they lose and then if they feel hes ready and can make a difference you put him in.

Rempe will sit. They are not sitting Vesey, Goodrow or Roslovic for Rempe. If you dont think that, I dont know what you game you are watching.

There is one thing that makes me hesitate putting in Chytil and it has nothing to do Rempe. That third line has been very good with Wennberg in the middle. Yes, they havent produced many goals, but they have been a very consistent line with a handful of shifts in the Canes end. Thats super important in this series. The Rangers get hemmed into the zone for long stretches and that could wear the D down, especially Fox. You need to have sustained time in the other end 5 on 5 and that line has shown they can do that and not give up anything the other way. Thats just as important as scoring goals - if you giving up chances and goals on the other end.
If Chytil is only practicing in Jack's spot, not sure how you can confidently say it's only for Rempe. I want that to be true, but you'd think they would have him working with Cuylle and Kakko in that case.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I don't agree with that and I think he knows Rempe is an issue or he wouldn't bench him every single game in the third period.

Rempe is a rookie and that’s definitely ‘normal rookie treatment’. The way he ignites the garden matters even if we agree or not. Of course I want Fil in but there is no reason change this team right now. If we lose, absolutely go for it.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Rempe is a rookie and that’s definitely ‘normal rookie treatment’. The way he ignites the garden matters even if we agree or not. Of course I want Fil in but there is no reason change this team right now. If we lose, absolutely go for it.

How many games in the playoffs has Cuylle been given this "normal rookie treatment?"

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't agree with that and I think he knows Rempe is an issue or he wouldn't bench him every single game in the third period.
He's only benched him when it has been close in the 3rd. Yet we've won every game. That you keep questioning him is getting comical. It's so stupid that he hasn't earned enough of a leash to decide who to dress without this crap.

Again, some of you clearly have PTSD from the last two brainlets that coached the team. I would expect this kind of hilarious questioning if Gallant was still running this team.

No other way to explain this.

Waiting for them to lose before we improve the lineup significantly is like waiting for Pearl Harbor before joining the war.

Yep. This is just PTSD.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
How many games in the playoffs has Cuylle been given this "normal rookie treatment?"

I know he is, but Cuylle is a different animal whom has played 75 more NHL games and is a much smarter / talented dude. Definitely a ‘coaches wet dream’ type. Not the ‘normal rookie’ to me.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I suspect that Chytil may be healthy enough to play (because he's playing in a full contact jersey), but he's rough because he hasn't played in half a year. That's a longer break than what a nonplayoff team gets between the last day of season 1 and the first day of season 2, and he wouldn't be stepping in for an October game, he'd be stepping into Round 2 vs the best team in the NHL (based on the Vegas odds). I think he may be practicing just to get in midseason shape. But I'm obviously speculating based on limited information.

To me, if you can play a middle-6 veteran who has 30 games playoff experience or a rookie goon who needs to be benched in the 3rd period, the choice is clear. Once Chytil is up to speed, he'll play, whether we win or lose the previous game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad