OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yes, Germany were better but we should have had a penalty and maybe even 2. Somebody posted here about the guy who caused the free kick that he would be the most hated person in Sweden and yes, he has received nasty racist social media postings and even death threats! The Swedish team took a photo with everyone having their arms wrapped around each other condemning the social media postings.

The Boateng push on Berg in the 1st half absolutely should've been a penalty kick & a yellow. Boateng was awful in this game. He earned 3 yellows really & should've left the game with his 2nd yellow at the 71st minute rather than the 82nd minute.

That's 11 minutes difference. I was expecting a lot more from Sweden in the 2nd half. They seemed to be playing for a draw.

Glad the team is sticking together.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
How the hell did Panama qualify for the World Cup over the U.S? They were awful.

Kane has been good, but I've been really impressed with Tippier. His playmaking has been outstanding & the set pieces he takes are always dangerous.

Kane hasn't done anything extraordinary, but he's absolutely lethal if given a chance. 2 penalties today & a deflection. He's a right place, right time player.

Lingard was very good today.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
How the hell did Panama qualify for the World Cup over the U.S? They were awful.

Kane has been good, but I've been really impressed with Tippier. His playmaking has been outstanding & the set pieces he takes are always dangerous.

Kane hasn't done anything extraordinary, but he's absolutely lethal if given a chance. 2 penalties today & a deflection. He's a right place, right time player.

I don't know exactly how it played out for the US, but anytime a team has to travel to Central America to pick up a result, its going to be dicey. Is that what happened to them?

There's alot of crap you have to put up with down there, that those teams don't have to worry about when they come to USA or Canada. The stories I've heard about playing in Mexico and Honduras for example, are crazy.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Best thing about the Portugal game was watching the game on RDS without having to listen to Claudine.
She had a good one today, trying to imitate Pierre Houde, she says: "Ce match se déroule à vive allure."
Statement makes absolutely no sense in a game with a running clock. She wasn't talking about the rate of play either. :laugh:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I don't know exactly how it played out for the US, but anytime a team has to travel to Central America to pick up a result, its going to be dicey. Is that what happened to them?

There's alot of crap you have to put up with down there, that those teams don't have to worry about when they come to USA or Canada. The stories I've heard about playing in Mexico and Honduras for example, are crazy.

US drew with Panama, lost 2-0 to Costa Rica at home then they lost to Trinidad Tobago. Don't think anything shady went on. Apart from Mexico, the CONCACAF teams are simply not that good.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

2 penalties and 1 deflection, worst hat trick ever! Agree about Tippier, very good player.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
What a game, David against Goliath... 2-2, at least we scored some goals and we played well.

Morocco played very well, too bad they didn't have their shooting boots on against Iran and Portugal where they played well except for the finishing. Egypt zero points was such a disappointment after winning the African Cup, they have never won a WC game.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Poland was awful--as a team and individually. Looked very slow physically and mentally.

We are talking about a team who used a non-ethical way to finish top-7 in Fifa ranking in order to avoid the big teams during the draw.

Fifa need to change this ASAP.

Fully deserved, a loser mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad