98.5 The Sports Hub FELGER - Could trading Swayman be the right move?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with Felger 100% here. Consider all options to make your team better. This front office loves to pick their favorites.

Sure you consider all options. If Edmonton wants to offer me McDavid or Drai for Sway, then Sway is leaving town.

But don't pretend they are in any way interchangeable pieces. Swayman's value is dramatically higher to this team than Ullmark's is.

So yes you could get more by dealing Swayman, of course you could, and maybe that makes the Bruins better in 24/25, but you don't make short term decisions. Swayman is a guy who should be a core piece of this team into the early 2030s.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Sure you consider all options. If Edmonton wants to offer me McDavid or Drai for Sway, then Sway is leaving town.

But don't pretend they are in any way interchangeable pieces. Swayman's value is dramatically higher to this team than Ullmark's is.

So yes you could get more by dealing Swayman, of course you could, and maybe that makes the Bruins better in 24/25, but you don't make short term decisions. Swayman is a guy who should be a core piece of this team into the early 2030s.
Edmonton ain’t offering either one of them for Swayman

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Edmonton ain’t offering either one of them for Swayman

Yes, I am not insane I know that. But when we say anyone is available. Especially when dealing with a core roster player. They are all available, IF someone is willing to make you a ridiculous overpay.

So if someone wants to come with an offer for Swayman that is a ridiculous overpay then you consider it.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes, I am not insane I know that. But when we say anyone is available. Especially when dealing with a core roster player. They are all available, IF someone is willing to make you a ridiculous overpay.

So if someone wants to come with an offer for Swayman that is a ridiculous overpay then you consider it.
Sure. But the NHL has less player movement than any other league and it’s not particularly close. So you can say you have to listen but no one is talking. No GM is calling Jim Nill and asking what it would take to get Roope Hintz.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I will add, I'm glad I'm not local so I don't have to listen to this, um...guy.

Though some of the people here make me wish I was local so I could have a beer with them and talk hockey.
Right back at you, Dom.

I actually thought it was pretty mild compared to my usual thoughts about full-of-shit, do-anything-for-ratings-media-hacks like Felger.
The title of the article alone screams clickbait.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Yeah, and Swayman's value is dramatically higher to other teams as well. You listen to offers for both and take the best one.

Ullmark is top 10 goalie in this league, maybe he even outperforms Swayman the next few years. It's not like we'd be left with nothing.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Id trade anyone for the right price
I agree with that somewhat.

But I disagree about trading Swayman. 2/3'rds of the teams in the NHL would love a goalie like Swayman. It would take a lot for the bruins to move him and then what? Goalies like him don't grow on trees, ask the Leafs.

Reactions: MoffatMan and lopey

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
No ones untouchable for the right price, but any team that's close to competing would have to give up something that make them close in the 1st place. Same as Pasta or MacAvoy.
Give me Makar, McDavid, McKinnon, Kucherov....they're not going anywhere so we would not get anything worth giving up a core 8-10 year top 5 goaltender like Swayman. this isn't Mike Moffat, Swayman overall 60+ NHL games plus his college pedigree say he's the real deal. Not to mention his disposition. He doesn't seem to be the typical quirky goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad