GDT: Feeling a little Blue this Saturday over the back to back. One last time on Bally

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
They have had 7 games where they outshoot an opponent by 13 or more over the last 2 years and lose in regulation. I’m too lazy to look up the rest of the league. Is that a lot? Probably, but the Canes outshoot the opponent 80% of the time so they are way more likely to have games like this. Also because they spend less than $6 million on goaltending while good starters are getting $8.5 mil themselves. This is going to happen sometimes.

Just 7 in 2 years? I feel like every loss is them out-shooting the opposition by a ridiculous margin. I'm probably overreacting buy, damn it's annoying.

Onto the next one.

Reactions: Joe McGrath

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
They have had 7 games where they outshoot an opponent by 13 or more over the last 2 years and lose in regulation. I’m too lazy to look up the rest of the league. Is that a lot? Probably, but the Canes outshoot the opponent 80% of the time so they are way more likely to have games like this. Also because they spend less than $6 million on goaltending while good starters are getting $8.5 mil themselves. This is going to happen sometimes.
OTH, we wouldn’t get that many shots (Roster would suffer) if we paid big bucks for goaltending.

Frustrating loss

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
OTH, we wouldn’t get that many shots (Roster would suffer) if we paid big bucks for goaltending.

Frustrating loss
Oh exactly - it’s planned for. There will be frustrating losses. But barring crazy bad luck, you win more than you lose.

Just 7 in 2 years? I feel like every loss is them out-shooting the opposition by a ridiculous margin. I'm probably overreacting buy, damn it's annoying.

Onto the next one.
I think there are probably a bunch where they dominate early and then it becomes closer by the end because I understand the feeling.

There are a few wild ones though where they outshot teams by 30+ and lost in regulation.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Just watched the game, ooof that's a tough watch. Defense limited chances but have up way too many Grade A chances. Offense was again quantity >>> quality. Hard to blame Kooch too much for most of the goals, but still 4 goals on 5 shots is awful

Not sure which was worse, our 2nd period or the shit refs? Phantom call on Walker, and how many dangerous and egregious calls missed just in the 3rd? ...boarding, slew foot, can-opener trip, several cross-checks, bullshit after the final whistle...f***ing horrendous

Can't play a full period like dog shit though or you get what you earn

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad