GDT: Feeling a little Blue this Saturday over the back to back. One last time on Bally

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Seen that game plenty of times before get 40 shots and lose while the other team gets 19 and wins needed a save tonight and didn’t get it. Was pulling for Kooch to have a strong game but back to Freddy now he’s been better to start

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Well we have to give PK the shot at some point. I'd say 3 of them werent really on him but us shitting ourselves.
That being said the 4 huge missed calls in the 3rd would have had us tying this

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Seen that game plenty of times before get 40 shots and lose while the other team gets 19 and wins needed a save tonight and didn’t get it. Was pulling for Kooch to have a strong game but back to Freddy now he’s been better to start
Yep, Kooch takes a big share of blame for the loss tonight. No one goal was unforgivable, but ya gotta make some of those saves.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Well we have to give PK the shot at some point. I'd say 3 of them werent really on him but us shitting ourselves.
That being said the 4 huge missed calls in the 3rd would have had us tying this
Need a stop on that 4th one after we battle back to tie it up just deflating goal to give up

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Need a stop on that 4th one after we battle back to tie it up just deflating goal to give up
Thats a real tough one because of Kapanen’s speed. He goes from not an issue to immediately on top of PK and he goes top corner.

The 3 in what, 5 shots in the 2nd? That’s the problem. If Freddy did that half the board would be trying to send him to Chicago.

All that said, he’s a bit spacy. Always has been, espescially early in the season. Let him get dialed in and he’ll be fine.

Reactions: CandyCanes

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Postgame thoughts:

- While I don't blame Kotch for any of the goals against, there's no doubt he lost the goaltending battle against his counterpart tonight.
- In similar manner, I can't say any particular line played poorly tonight, but in that same vein, none played particularly well either. Just a mess of a game all around.
- On the defensive side, that Chatfield-Orlov pairing had a really rough night. Chatfield, in particular, got absolutely manhandled all throughout the first goal against. Watch the replay... it's ugly.

- On the positive side, our special teams continues to be solid. Gotta stop giving our PK so many opportunities to get out there though.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's not exactly a surprise for shit to go sideways the way it did in a back to back on the road. They still could have managed a point but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. As per usual, I'll just be happy if they survive this long, early season road trip at even or a bit better.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Outshot the opponent 40-19 and still lose in regulation.

This happens way, way too damn much. It is very frustrating.
They have had 7 games where they outshoot an opponent by 13 or more over the last 2 years and lose in regulation. I’m too lazy to look up the rest of the league. Is that a lot? Probably, but the Canes outshoot the opponent 80% of the time so they are way more likely to have games like this. Also because they spend less than $6 million on goaltending while good starters are getting $8.5 mil themselves. This is going to happen sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad