GDT: February 2nd 2014 Game of Canadiens vs Jets @ 1 PM on CBC,RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Seriously. DD made the right call to pass it to Patch.

Patch's angle was screened,

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
****ing shoot the puck you useless midget.

Why would he shoot on that play?

Trouba made a really good block, Patch had a free goal if it wasn't for that, please give up the mindless hatred towards Desharnais.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Agree with most of this. Also worth considering is that speed for example is variable, a given player can skate slower or he can skate faster. Whereas size is fixed, a player can't get increase his mass.

And Gio/DD aren't a particularly fast, agile skaters -- IMO Gallagher has much more "small guy hustle" than either of them, maybe because he's young and fearless :sarcasm:

Desharnais is relatively slow, especially for a guy his size, but he still turns the corner faster than the average NHLer, and as a result he is good at avoiding the bigger, lumbering defenseman.

The problem with him of course is that he can be outmuscled by average size/strength players who can outskate him.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Markov is awful at playing D. Need to trade him before it's too late

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Are you ****ing kidding me? Pacioretty, in the slot, with no one on him? I want him taking that shot 100 times out of 100.

There was one guy covering Gallagher and a second guy moving for Patches. There was nobody on DD and the goalie even anticipated him passing to Patches and moved early.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
There was one guy covering Gallagher and a second guy moving for Patches. There was nobody on DD and the goalie even anticipated him passing to Patches and moved early.

Yes, him flailing desperately in Patches' direction was him anticipating the pass.

HABS win CUPS*

Markov is awful at playing D. Need to trade him before it's too late

I think he's still great but being overplayed by Therrien too many minutes the younger D needs more toi

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
So why not call the Stuart grabbing of Gallagher. Markov gets called for BS but every time Gallagher is rushing someone grabs him.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Gionta's shooting sucks, but he's made some really nice passing plays this year. It's weird. It's like he knows he can't shoot anymore so now he looks for teammates to pass to and he usually connects.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
The one thing this team could use to put them over the top would be to improve their passing. My god the inaccurate dumps these guys take half the time...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The one thing this team could use to put them over the top would be to improve their passing. My god the inaccurate dumps these guys take half the time...

I took an inaccurate dump and my wife held me accountable, why aren't they held accountable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad