• Andrei Markov

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Alexei Kovalev

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Inspired by the articles below and the promise of potentially having a homegrown Russian star player, who are some of your favourite Russian players to play for the Habs?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If Markov isn't the unanimous vote I'll be extremely disappointed.
Sorry bud
6a0133ee99c85a970b0153903ccd3a970b.png

I do 100% love The General too tho, bigtime

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
1) Markov - he had it all, and he spent his entire career in montreal

2) Kovalev - there were ups and downs but he was must watch TV and the most skilled player I have seen in a habs uniform. He always brought it in the playoffs.

3) Petrov - he was an energizer bunny with high energy. His hands didn't keep up with his pace, but he was inspiring to watch

4) Radulov - basically a bigger and more skilled petrov. Loved his intensity but his tenure was too short to have him up further on the list

5) Malakhov - It ended badly, but this guy was smooth as silk and was a tremendous blend of talent and strength when he was in the mood.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Sookind

Aug 19, 2020
Markov the best russian, not even close. Kovalev 2nd, not long and left us for Ottawa for more money...but if he would have been drafted here or spend a decade with us it would have changed a lot of things.The crowd drive him,like subban.Kovalev was the most talented but Markov hands down.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
1) Markov - he had it all, and he spent his entire career in montreal

2) Kovalev - there were ups and downs but he was must watch TV and the most skilled player I have seen in a habs uniform. He always brought it in the playoffs.

3) Petrov - he was an energizer bunny with high energy. His hands didn't keep up with his pace, but he was inspiring to watch

4) Radulov - basically a bigger and more skilled petrov. Loved his intensity but his tenure was too short to have him up further on the list

5) Malakhov - It ended badly, but this guy was smooth as silk and was a tremendous blend of talent and strength when he was in the mood.
Malakhov.

In the almost 70 years that I have followed this fabled franchise the two most talented players that I ever watched play for the Canadiens were Malakhov and Richer. They weren't the two best players, but in this writer's opinion, they were the most pure talented players and would have starred in any era. One can't say that about many of my old heroes.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Le Dieu du Stade Alexei Kovalev all-time GOAT and should be in the Hall of fame. :bow:

Almost 18 years later and nobody came close to dethrone his scoring title. He’s due to have his number retired for his 2007-08 legendary season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skip Bayless

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Markov obv... also Kovalev and hopefully Demidov

Perozhogin was also someone i think off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad