OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Dare I say they finally learned from Challenger and Columbia?

Challenger not so much otherwise Columbia couldn't have happened. Columbia definitely- NASA's culture now empowers staff to speak up if they have concerns about crew safety without fear of reprisal. That change in culture was definitely apparent during the discussions about whether to bring Starliner back crewed or uncrewed.

I can't find the video right now but a few years after Columbia NASA set up a program where engineers, professors etc can study Columbia's wreckage & NASA's decision making processes at the time. The manager of the program calls it Columbia's ongoing final mission.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Today...well today is harsh. My youngest brother would be 31 today. I haven't had an appetite, and since I haven't been eating or drinking I have the shakes real bad. Probably a combo of the anxiety and the whole malnourished thing. Still, I'm getting ready to drive up an hour to meet my parents and brother for dinner. I think we did this last year, or 2 years ago, I forget, and I remember not having much of an appetite then either. I think I will just call for the biggest ribeye offered, since it has the best chance of forcing me to eat something.
Comforting and Happy Blessings....

Reactions: TD Charlie

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Need some information....

Going to see Judas Priest at Niagara Falls the 14th (squee!!!!). Need to know if I can take my gummies into Ontario Canada....personal use only.

Thanks for any advice....
They’re sold in stores here, can’t imagine there’d be an issue bringing them in - but - the stores are also regulated so…

• Love
Reactions: eightspokedb

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Fall is near

IMG_9656.jpeg

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It's finals time for Aussie Rules football, and the big plays are being made. This is one hell of a grab!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The most perfect day since I’ve been out here. Sun, blue skies, 80 degrees with a light breeze. Ran my errands and finally had all my car windows down. It is fair season so I went with my sister and bro in law to the Cleveland County Fair so my niece could see the animals. She and I then spent the entire ride hope practicing our moo’s. She’s an absolute trip in the best way. Got a foot 90 minutes by the pool and the breeze made the water just a little too cold for my liking. Got to my waist and then got out lol.

Fall is on the horizon. We are getting cooler at night but we are anywhere between 80-90 during the day. The humidity is down which helps a lot.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I just love this place. It’s different, it’s not for everyone, but man, it’s just special.View attachment 905726
It is such a beautiful sight! I was just 9 years old when we lived in Thompson but I still remember the awe I felt every time it happened.

My brother and I swear we could hear them as well, a tinkling sound - do you ever hear that @Sheppy ?

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
The most perfect day since I’ve been out here. Sun, blue skies, 80 degrees with a light breeze. Ran my errands and finally had all my car windows down. It is fair season so I went with my sister and bro in law to the Cleveland County Fair so my niece could see the animals. She and I then spent the entire ride hope practicing our moo’s. She’s an absolute trip in the best way. Got a foot 90 minutes by the pool and the breeze made the water just a little too cold for my liking. Got to my waist and then got out lol.

Fall is on the horizon. We are getting cooler at night but we are anywhere between 80-90 during the day. The humidity is down which helps a lot.

Say a prayer for Leon for me, they say if you listen closely you can still hear Leon singing in the breeze

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So, my sons stolen car now caught in surveillance tape at break ins in Smithfield RI, Quincy Ma, Sutton Ma, and Plaistow NH.
This is nuts.
In NH they left behind a tire iron. Hoping to get prints.

Its a long process.
If not recovered in 30 days it will be considered a loss and insurance will begin the payoff period. - they said additional 2 weeks after the 30 days. In mean time they cover $30/day towards car rental up to 30 days.

If recovered in under 30 days then it gets more complicated. First its evidence in multiple crimes over state lines. Impounding can be God knows how long.
If released then insurance adjuster will look at it and make an estimate for repairs or total it.

It sucks.

So the saga of my boys stolen car is finally near conclusion. The car was found after being used as a battering ram to break into vape stores in Ma, RI and NH. The teenage culprits caught in Hudson MA.
The car totaled. Currently in police impound as evidence. I had to provide all my ez pass transponder info to the authorities to give them time stamps and they could pull enhanced turnpike photos.
Anyway whilst waiting for a settlement still he wont gat much.
So yesterday I took him out and bought him this, pick up tomorrow. Never saw the kid so happy. Its been hard on him.

1725792528645.jpeg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
So the saga of my boys stolen car is finally near conclusion. The car was found after being used as a battering ram to break into vape stores in Ma, RI and NH. The teenage culprits caught in Hudson MA.
The car totaled. Currently in police impound as evidence. I had to provide all my ez pass transponder info to the authorities to give them time stamps and they could pull enhanced turnpike photos.
Anyway whilst waiting for a settlement still he wont gat much.
So yesterday I took him out and bought him this, pick up tomorrow. Never saw the kid so happy. Its been hard on him.

View attachment 905737
You’re a good dad, Wally!:heart:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad