Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
J.T Miller for Nikolaj Ehlers is something I would look at. Ehlers has been in trade rumors before and looks like he could be falling out of order over there. Gives us the speed JR is looking for and couple years younger.

This is the type of trade that needs to be made for Miller not two B level prospects and late first round picks type package.
I mean this would be a steal

Reactions: vanuck and bossram

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This is further out, but I just noticed that Jordan Staal is a UFA after next season - wonder if he's a potential name they have pencilled in as a short-term stop gap for moving on from Horvat & Miller. Obviously a Rutherford connection there, but I'd also think Carolina will be inclined to walk from him with guys like Necas/Jarvis needing contracts and to keep more important players like Trochek/Nino/Pesce.
He's already fallen off a cliff and struggling to keep up. I hope not

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Staal, post Olympics, for our third line? He's not the best guy out there, but he'd cost zero assets and has experience. Can't be worse or longer than Dickensons contract.

Reactions: elitepete

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Staal will have offers to join a decent team with cup goals. Don't see why he would come here to play out the stretch.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It's always horrifying when you realize Benning COULD have f***ed the team more than he did.

I dunno, Subban instead of Myers and Virtanen, not to mention possibly OEL, doesn't seem more ****ed. Just different ****ed. Hell there are a few "optional" bad contracts on short term we might not have afforded. We were ****ed no matter what.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
J.T Miller for Nikolaj Ehlers is something I would look at. Ehlers has been in trade rumors before and looks like he could be falling out of order over there. Gives us the speed JR is looking for and couple years younger.

This is the type of trade that needs to be made for Miller not two B level prospects and late first round picks type package.
Preach. We should target a young player such as Ehlers or Laine out of Columbus.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Miller(50% retained) + Motte for Necas + Morrow
Boeser for Vilardi + 2022 2nd
Dickinson + Halak(50% retained) + 2022 6th for Koskinen + Turris + 2022 2nd + 2022 7th
Hamonic for Hagelin + 2023 3rd
Schenn to Tampa for 2022 5th
Burroughs to Toronto for 2023 5th

Offseason:
Manson 4m x 3
Koskinen 750k x 1
Tierney 750k x 1
Stecher 1.5m x 1
MacDermid 1m x 1
Mikheyev 2m x 2

Necas-Horvat-Hoglander
Garland-Pettersson-Podkolzin
Pearson-Vilardi-Mikheyev
Highmore-Tierney-Lockwood
Hagelin/Di Giuseppe

Hughes-Manson
OEL-Myers
MacDermid-Stecher
Rathbone

Demko
Koskinen
Martin

Last edited:

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
58377ED7-29F6-438F-9058-3EAC6BEBFDA0.jpeg

Headed to the game tmro in Winnipeg. Only 250 fans allowed in the arena. I’ll be going all out!

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I dunno, Subban instead of Myers and Virtanen, not to mention possibly OEL, doesn't seem more ****ed. Just different ****ed. Hell there are a few "optional" bad contracts on short term we might not have afforded. We were ****ed no matter what.

yeah.

Actually would have enjoyed watching PK for a couple seasons. He still had some gas in the tank at that time. Plus I think we still had Jordan. That would have been fun.

The salary cap is always the hard limit in the amount of damage benning could do. If we trade for Subban we might not sign Eriksson? Like the team would have still sucked but I doubt it would be worse. And possibly it would have been more entertaining. And yeah, probably the OEL trade never happens.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
yeah.

Actually would have enjoyed watching PK for a couple seasons. He still had some gas in the tank at that time. Plus I think we still had Jordan. That would have been fun.

The salary cap is always the hard limit in the amount of damage benning could do. If we trade for Subban we might not sign Eriksson? Like the team would have still sucked but I doubt it would be worse. And possibly it would have been more entertaining. And yeah, probably the OEL trade never happens.

I thought Eriksson was a done deal. Yeah, no Eriksson would have been a huge boon instead of Myers being edged out as the worst contract possibly not signed.

Plus Sedin-Sedin-Subban as the bulk of a power play? That could have been more exciting then the reality we got.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

I would kill to get Ehlers on this team. He's chronically under utilized in WPG where they refuse to feed him PP1 time. Insanely dynamic player who would be such a treat to watch.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

If Cheveldayoff is this dumb, then yeah, obviously the Canucks should make that deal.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really wonder about what kind of future Nils Hoglander has on this team. You've heard his name out there a bit recently and I could see him moved in a "young player for young player" deal.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I really wonder about what kind of future Nils Hoglander has on this team. You've heard his name out there a bit recently and I could see him moved in a "young player for young player" deal.

You could make a case for a Valimaki or Barron trade with Hoglander. Obviously I'd rather keep him.

Reactions: m9

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Why would you trade Hoglander? He’s insanely skilled and an absolute workhorse. Only thing missing is his finishing ability which hopefully develops. If not you still have a top 6 skilled work horse

Reactions: Nucker101

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Pay close attention to Colorado on JT Miller. He makes a ton of sense for the avs and combined with Halak could be a pretty compelling fit for what they need. It's been postulated before but they have the competitive window and a wide variety of assets that could make a deal work well for both sides. Maybe a better fit in the off season as a replacement for Kadri, but I could really see them making a decent offer now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flik and Peen

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Why would you trade Hoglander? He’s insanely skilled and an absolute workhorse. Only thing missing is his finishing ability which hopefully develops. If not you still have a top 6 skilled work horse

I agree with your assessment that he will likely be a capable, complementary top-six winger. I do wonder if he's a guy that other teams have called about because he's cheap for this year and next.

I've just heard his name brought up on yet radio a few times and he hasn't been a fit with Boudreau. Sounds like he was going to be a healthy scratch until the Covid/injuries hit.

Sometimes you have to give to get. If Hoglander is the price for an upper tier center or blueline prospect then you might have to pull the trigger.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I agree with your assessment that he will likely be a capable, complementary top-six winger. I do wonder if he's a guy that other teams have called about because he's cheap for this year and next.

I've just heard his name brought up on yet radio a few times and he hasn't been a fit with Boudreau. Sounds like he was going to be a healthy scratch until the Covid/injuries hit.

Sometimes you have to give to get. If Hoglander is the price for an upper tier center or blueline prospect then you might have to pull the trigger.
The one I wonder more about is Garland. He's a really good ES producer and there's no question that he'd probably prefer to be back in the USA in any non-arizona market. I'm not saying he's unhappy here so no one @ me, but yeah.

Probably holds a good amount of value on that contract as well, and we likely won't compete until he's at the end of it.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The one I wonder more about is Garland. He's a really good ES producer and there's no question that he'd probably prefer to be back in the USA in any non-arizona market. I'm not saying he's unhappy here so no one @ me, but yeah.

Probably holds a good amount of value on that contract as well, and we likely won't compete until he's at the end of it.

Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad