Fantasy Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Okay, I think as long as we have at least 8 owners we should be good.

We should hit 10 without an issue. I think there are at least two or three more joining just from this thread.

It'll be converted to a $50 cash league sometime in the next few days, once we're mostly filled up. I hate converting to a cash league prior to having all 10, because if someone doesn't pay, it screws everything up, converts it back to a non-cash league, and then refunds all entries that were paid.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
We should hit 10 without an issue. I think there are at least two or three more joining just from this thread.

It'll be converted to a $50 cash league sometime in the next few days, once we're mostly filled up. I hate converting to a cash league prior to having all 10, because if someone doesn't pay, it screws everything up, converts it back to a non-cash league, and then refunds all entries that were paid.

I've never done cash league in yahoo. Just pay the commish or use league safe I guess but that sounds easier.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've never done cash league in yahoo. Just pay the commish or use league safe I guess but that sounds easier.

Yahoo's payment system is pretty solid, IMO. I've used league safe before, but it seems unnecessary. Everyone pays Yahoo, then when the season is over, Yahoo pays everyone out within a week or two, usually.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
One thing my other league has that I never did before is the use of FAAB for waivers. Each team gets $100 in monopoly money to bid on players for waiver claims. Everyone puts in blind bids for players on waivers and the highest bid gets the player. Once your FAAB is gone, it’s gone, you can only bid $0 after that. It seems like it will be fun. Just throwing it out there.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
One thing my other league has that I never did before is the use of FAAB for waivers. Each team gets $100 in monopoly money to bid on players for waiver claims. Everyone puts in blind bids for players on waivers and the highest bid gets the player. Once your FAAB is gone, it’s gone, you can only bid $0 after that. It seems like it will be fun. Just throwing it out there.

Sounds like way too much for me to track. Lol. I run the football, and the hockey, and baseball playoffs start next week. Doesn't seem like a bad concept, I just don't feel like record keeping all that info. My daughter's cheerleading schedule started back up last weekend, also, and my other daughter is a freshman in college, and there are events going on where I'll be gone. Throw in that fall is one of the times of year where I have the boat out fishing the most... and I'm just too busy to try and manage all that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yahoo would track the FAAB so it's not that difficult. It should work that it executes bids on Tuesday or Wednesday and the rest of the pick ups for that week are 1st come, 1st serve.

Ah ok. Something we can discuss, then, if I don't have to do too much management of it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Sounds like way too much for me to track. Lol. I run the football, and the hockey, and baseball playoffs start next week. Doesn't seem like a bad concept, I just don't feel like record keeping all that info. My daughter's cheerleading schedule started back up last weekend, also, and my other daughter is a freshman in college, and there are events going on where I'll be gone. Throw in that fall is one of the times of year where I have the boat out fishing the most... and I'm just too busy to try and manage all that.

Yeah, it seems like Yahoo tracks it for everyone. When I go to make a waiver pickup, it tells me what I have. I don’t expect us to do it as it’s probably uncharted territory for all of us, just wanted to make everyone aware of its existence. I’ll let you guys know how it goes in my other league, maybe something to keep in mind for a future league.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
FAAB adds more strategy to pick ups other than I'm last every week so I get the guy 1st or I'm the guy on the computer all the time when it goes live. I'm down with whatever.

As the commish, what options does it give you for pick ups. I did before in CBS and it worked great. Not sure about Yahoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad