Fantasy and lineup questions thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
So I completely forgot about the fantasy draft yesterday and I'm hoping it wont bite me in the ass.
C: Malkin
C: T. Hall
LW: P. Marleau
LW: E. Kane
RW: K. Okposo
RW: V. Tarasenko
D: O. Ekman-Larsson
D: A. Goligoski
D: J. Muzzin
D: D. Byfuglien
BN: J. Thorton
Bn: C. MacArthur
Bn: J. Jokinen
Bn: -
G: M. Fluery
G: C. Schneider

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Hey Ducks fans, I was hoping to get an idea of what you expect out of Sami Vatanen this year. I'm considering dropping Matt Carle for him. Is he going to be a regular on your bottom pairing this year with 1st line PP minutes? Also, do you have any predictions as far as point totals go? Thanks for your help! :)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
In my 12 person snake draft last night I grabbed Getzlaf 10th overall. Also landed Freddy as my second or third goalie option in the mid rounds, and took Sami with my last pick. Could be a steal if he sticks on that top PP unit.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
I have Patrick Maroon and both John Gibson and Frederik Andersen... I'm assuming both Gibson/Andersen will get maybe 50/50 splits, until one emerges and then possibly a 60/40 or something?

My question is if Andersen emerges as the starter (even if gibson plays good hockey), do the ducks keep Gibson up as a back up or send him to the AHL?

For Maroon, assuming he continues to play well on the top line, what happens when Heatley is back? If Heater takes the top spot, does Maroon get bumped to the second, third or fourth line?

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Yea I started out with a late pick in a snake draft so I decided to go with a risky strategy. Everyone picks goalies pretty high because the G stats are worth like 40% or the categories. However, there's always goalies that even go undrafted that perform as well, or even better than the top goalie picks.

So I went with Andersen/Gibson. Both should be good for decent to good sv%, wins, and having both insures I get enough starts. Until the Ducks play less than 3 times in one week. Then I have to pick up a third.

Also, went with Lindholm as my last D instead of Vatanen. Hopefully, he does good or I'll switch him out mid-season.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'm assuming both Gibson/Andersen will get maybe 50/50 splits, until one emerges and then possibly a 60/40 or something?
Yes, something like that is what should be expected at this point.

My question is if Andersen emerges as the starter (even if gibson plays good hockey), do the ducks keep Gibson up as a back up or send him to the AHL?
GM Murray recently said that having Gibson in the minors this year "made no sense to him". Unless Gibson really struggles, I don't think he'll be sent down.

For Maroon, assuming he continues to play well on the top line, what happens when Heatley is back? If Heater takes the top spot, does Maroon get bumped to the second, third or fourth line?
Maroon looked very neat next to Kesler before getting bumped up to Getzlaf/Perry, so I think there's a strong chance that's where he'd appear first after. Boudreau likes to juggle things, and there's a lot of ways of throwing things together between all the wingers we have, so nothing's set in stone, but outside of Perry, I'd say Maroon is pretty much the safest bet for a top-6 winger for now.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Yes, something like that is what should be expected at this point.

GM Murray recently said that having Gibson in the minors this year "made no sense to him". Unless Gibson really struggles, I don't think he'll be sent down.

Maroon looked very neat next to Kesler before getting bumped up to Getzlaf/Perry, so I think there's a strong chance that's where he'd appear first after. Boudreau likes to juggle things, and there's a lot of ways of throwing things together between all the wingers we have, so nothing's set in stone, but outside of Perry, I'd say Maroon is pretty much the safest bet for a top-6 winger for now.

Awesome! Thanks for the response

Cheers

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Could use some help coming up with a witty team name. Would like it to be a pun based on one of my top players. Here's my roster:

F Getzlaf
F Parise
F Lucic
F Nash
F Nyqvist
F Palat
F Schwartz
F Tarasenko
F Filppula
F M.Richards
F Gaudreau

D Letang
D Pietrangelo
D Carlson
D Voynov
D Vatanen

G Price
G Andersen
G Bernier

prevail

Jan 3, 2004
Montreal
Visit site
Could use some help coming up with a witty team name. Would like it to be a pun based on one of my top players. Here's my roster:

F Getzlaf
F Parise
F Lucic
F Nash
F Nyqvist
F Palat
F Schwartz
F Tarasenko
F Filppula
F M.Richards
F Gaudreau

D Letang
D Pietrangelo
D Carlson
D Voynov
D Vatanen

G Price
G Andersen
G Bernier
Come Getz Some (maybe a Rambo/Chuck Norris avatar with Getzlaf's face on it)
The Spice of Price (or Price Spice with a Spice Girls logo with Price included)
Sleezy Parise
Get Richards or Die Trying

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Just moved Rask+Turris for Tavares+Andersen so now ive got both Freddie and Johnny, figuring Freddies gonna get ~ 50 starts perhaps.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Heatly question

Hey guys, Isles fan here wondering about the status of Dany Heatly.

I know he is injured, but how long do you guys think he will be out for?

And most importantly, when he returns will he be slotted right back on the first line?

I picked up Heatly with my last pick on my fantasy team because I think there is a high potential for him to succeed. So I'm curious about his status and what you guys think.

Thanks all, and good luck to you guys this year! Your team looks good and I believe you guys had a great off season along with the Isles :)

TheRealDeal88

Dec 10, 2013
Vatanen & his usage this season: Lot of pp time & plenty of ice time first game.

Is he projected to play all games & stick with 1pp-unit this season?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Vatanen & his usage this season: Lot of pp time & plenty of ice time first game.

Is he projected to play all games & stick with 1pp-unit this season?
Only Perry and Getz are locks to stay on the 1st PP unit. That said, he looks great there and drew specific praise from Perry for his performance.

Being on the 3rd pairing you can't really say he'll play every game, but he's not really in the press box rotation anymore I don't think. He should play a large majority of the games.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Dany Heatley: What Happenend?

I was wondering if Heater is injured or a healthy scratch. I didn't see any news on him but he isn't playing.

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010
Made a huge trade in my league where goalies count for a lot, but I traded Landeskog, Subban, and Varlamov for Getzlaf, Perry, and Ward. Stoked to have the "twins" :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad