Fantasy and lineup questions thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Not sure if this is limited to Ducks players only, but I have a question nevertheless:

I currently have Luke Schenn on my D, but I am considering dropping him for either Jacob Trouba or Zach Bogosian...good or bad idea? If good, which of the 2 Jets players should I get?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not sure if this is limited to Ducks players only, but I have a question nevertheless:

I currently have Luke Schenn on my D, but I am considering dropping him for either Jacob Trouba or Zach Bogosian...good or bad idea? If good, which of the 2 Jets players should I get?

Depends on whether your league has hits / blocks. If so, I'd think Schenn and Bogosian should be the better options for this year. I'd personally take Schenn first, as hits are safer to project than points and Schenn produces them at elite level fantasy-wise. Bogosian was on a great hit-pace last season, and has the potential to add more than enough points to make it worth it, but I'm not thrilled with the 2 hits / 3 blocks in 3 games so far. (I have both. :) )

Then again, with hits there's often some quality options among the free agents.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Depends on whether your league has hits / blocks. If so, I'd think Schenn and Bogosian should be the better options for this year. I'd personally take Schenn first, as hits are safer to project than points and Schenn produces them at elite level fantasy-wise. Bogosian was on a great hit-pace last season, and has the potential to add more than enough points to make it worth it, but I'm not thrilled with the 2 hits / 3 blocks in 3 games so far. (I have both. :) )

Then again, with hits there's often some quality options among the free agents.

Yeah my league has hits and blocks. I am also concerned with the points they may put up (imo Bogosian will have more than Schenn) as well as their +/-. Philly looks bad this season so far.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yeah my league has hits and blocks. I am also concerned with the points they may put up (imo Bogosian will have more than Schenn) as well as their +/-. Philly looks bad this season so far.

Yeah, no doubt Bogo will have more points. Question is how close he'll be in terms of hits, and whether he'll be off far enough in points to offset that. +/-, to me, is a completely un-projectable category. I really stopped working that into my decision-making. :)

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Yeah, no doubt Bogo will have more points. Question is how close he'll be in terms of hits, and whether he'll be off far enough in points to offset that. +/-, to me, is a completely un-projectable category. I really stopped working that into my decision-making. :)

Fair enough :D I think I'll keep Schenn but monitor Slava Voynov more closely. Bugs me to have a King on the roster, maybe he is one to go for Bogo.

Thx for the help!

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Fair enough :D I think I'll keep Schenn but monitor Slava Voynov more closely. Bugs me to have a King on the roster, maybe he is one to go for Bogo.

Thx for the help!

No problem. Taking my advice is risky, though. As commissioner and lone "original-5" team in our fantasy-league to not win a title, yet, I am usually on the wrong end of the laughs. :)

WrecKed

Jun 20, 2013
Manitoba
Should I drop Bryan Bickell or Teddy Purcell or Jiri Tlusty?

My league counts Goals, Assists, Points, PIM, PPP, Hits and Blocks.

Not sure if Bickell will start putting up points on a good Chicago team?
Purcell I don't know a whole lot about or what line he's playing on this year?
Debating if I should just wait out Tlusty and see if Carolina's top line will start producing?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Purcell generally plays with Stamkos and St. Louis. Should be good for 60+ points but not a lot of help in other areas.

Not sure about Bickell offensively over a full year now that he has higher expectations put upon him but I have him in my team and last year he was pretty solid, especially in the hit column.

I don't know enough about Tlusty to say. He's had good chemistry with Staal the past couple of years is all I know about him.

Edit: Not sure if Purcell is on the top line in Tampa atm but the past 2 years he spent a lot of time there and they had good chemistry.

Ducksgo*

Purcell generally plays with Stamkos and St. Louis. Should be good for 60+ points but not a lot of help in other areas.

Not sure about Bickell offensively over a full year now that he has higher expectations put upon him but I have him in my team and last year he was pretty solid, especially in the hit column.

I don't know enough about Tlusty to say. He's had good chemistry with Staal the past couple of years is all I know about him.

Edit: Not sure if Purcell is on the top line in Tampa atm but the past 2 years he spent a lot of time there and they had good chemistry.

I think Purcell is playing with filp and Alex Killorn in Tampa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
I am contemplating dropping Ryan McDonough, is that a bad choice? Rangers look bad and he is producing nothing but in the - colums. Should I be looking at a Jake Gardiner, Derek Morris, Trouba, Vatanen or Lindholm?

Ducksgo*

I am contemplating dropping Ryan McDonough, is that a bad choice? Rangers look bad and he is producing nothing but in the - colums. Should I be looking at a Jake Gardiner, Derek Morris, Trouba, Vatanen or Lindholm?

Type of league?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I wouldn't drop a guy like McDonagh because he's been bad over a 5 game stretch unless you're getting a guaranteed upgrade. Morris is going to come back to earth production wise, Lindholm is likely to be sent down at some point, Gardiner & Vatanen will probably produce more offense than McDonagh but depending on what categories your league measures McDonagh likely has more overall value.

Ducksgo*

I wouldn't drop a guy like McDonagh because he's been bad over a 5 game stretch unless you're getting a guaranteed upgrade. Morris is going to come back to earth production wise, Lindholm is likely to be sent down at some point, Gardiner & Vatanen will probably produce more offense than McDonagh but depending on what categories your league measures McDonagh likely has more overall value.

Agree to an extent with Paul. On a counter argument though, Rangers have been bad. I mean that team has a lot of issues early season. McD should be a great player later on. But non keeper? Scratch off your list with the other players mentioned. If you keep McD be aware of the issues going on in Ny. I personally would go with Vatanen if you lack scoring as he is already showing promise to permanent status on the Ducks. Drop Lindholm out of your question. He is least likely out of all the D's you suggested to be permanently called up.

Gardiner and Vats are my favorites out of what you have listed.

But don't be afraid to look outside the box Noire. I picked up Alex Killorn who was never drafted in our ducks dynasty. But has 2nd line duties and has projected 70 pts this season per rotoworld. And a chance to be with Stamkos in TB. Two entirely different positions. But you may want to take a chance in Trouba? Couldn't hurt. Kid has looked solid!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Thx for the input guys! Maybe I'll wait some games and bench McD for the time being. Just in case he rebounds. Maybe I can package him in a trade you never know.

Ducksgo*

Thx for the input guys! Maybe I'll wait some games and bench McD for the time being. Just in case he rebounds. Maybe I can package him in a trade you never know.

No worries any issues in you roster. Don't hesitate to post.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Me again :D

Right now I'm not really happy with Voynov on my team. Not a lot of options at D in the free agent pool. But I am tempted to get Rielly...long term a good or bad move?

League counts G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FO, HITS and BLOCKS; not a keeper

Ducksgo*

Me again :D

Right now I'm not really happy with Voynov on my team. Not a lot of options at D in the free agent pool. But I am tempted to get Rielly...long term a good or bad move?

League counts G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FO, HITS and BLOCKS; not a keeper

This the same non keeper league?

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Can you post the d that is available to choose from? And the D you currently have?

I have:

- Beauchemin
- Kronwall
- Suter
- Schenn
- McDonagh
- Voynov

Whom I have on my watchlist:
- Radko Gudas (due to PIM, hits and blocks)
- Morgan Rielly (okay in Blocks and Hits, I hope for offensive input)
- Brenden Dillon (same as Rielly)

Also available from notable names:
- Victor Hedman
- Derek Morris
- Jared Cowen
- Erik Johnson
- Zbynek Michalek
- Alex Goligoski
- Dmitry Kulikov

Ducksgo*

I have:

- Beauchemin
- Kronwall
- Suter
- Schenn
- McDonagh
- Voynov

Whom I have on my watchlist:
- Radko Gudas (due to PIM, hits and blocks)
- Morgan Rielly (okay in Blocks and Hits, I hope for offensive input)
- Brenden Dillon (same as Rielly)

Also available from notable names:
- Victor Hedman
- Derek Morris
- Jared Cowen
- Erik Johnson
- Zbynek Michalek
- Alex Goligoski
- Dmitry Kulikov

Short term Erik Johnson is out for Tyson Barrie in COL. Barrie was my 2nd round pick in ducks dynasty fingers crossed.

I would drop Voynov for Hedman. Putting up 5 pts with a strong Tampa bay team isn't an easy feat so early on. Yah he was a -5 the last game, but losing 5-0 needs to be put on one player?

TB will bounce back as I hate to say it. Just my 2 cts

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Is Maroon expected to be in and out of the line up all year?, or will he play consistently?

SteelFish87*

i have dream matchups tonight for goalies. which 2 should i start?

Lundqvist vs NJ
Holtby vs Columbus
Anderson @ Florida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad