Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Oilers were always Canada’s team but now it’s official. Time for Canada to get behind the Oilers and cheer for them to bring the Cup home.

Our HERITAGE is at stake. You either love your country or you don’t. Choose wisely.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian team win personally, but the playoffs are not about country. It's not the Olympics here. I would never cheer for the Leafs to win a cup just because they are Canadian.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
can the pot (you) quit calling the kettle (us) black, when you have a diving, flopping, dirty puke called Marchand on your team.
Its true that Marchand has been a dirty player for most of his career, (much less the last few seasons, but still dirty nonetheless), but he has never been a diver or flopper.

The entire Panthers team, (minus Barkov), throws themselves around like fish out of water.

Reactions: rhino71

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
At this point I'm pulling for the Oilers for two reasons...

1) I don't want to live in a world where we have to have "Can McDavid really be a all time great without a Cup" debates.
2) Given my age the Oilers winning will probably trigger some level of childhood nostalgia.

As lame as those reasons might be, I'm having trouble coming up with more compelling reasons to jump on the bandwagon of any of the other three remaining teams.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Leafs were out a long time ago. Might as well root for the home team. Probably not liked in the Leafs chat board right now but i'll live.

Reactions: Macheteops

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
My 32 yr. old attorney sister and I are die-hards for the playoffs despite the Sabres not being in it a lifetime ago; she used to play ice-hockey and she was VERY good, like top goal scorer etc, it's a tradition to watch PO's together- she says she wants Edmonton to win to see McDavid win the cup. I wouldn't mind if Florida won because they never won the cup but McDavid and Leon winning the cup would be awesome.

Reactions: Kerberos and rams

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Its true that Marchand has been a dirty player for most of his career, (much less the last few seasons, but still dirty nonetheless), but he has never been a diver or flopper.

The entire Panthers team, (minus Barkov), throws themselves around like fish out of water.

See, I think that he is a flopper. He pretends to lose his balance as he comes in for a slew foot.

Oilers for me

Get the best player in 20 yrs a Cup

Let the best player “earn” a cup. How about playing some defense?

• Haha
Reactions: Macheteops

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
See, I think that he is a flopper. He pretends to lose his balance as he comes in for a slew foot.

Let the best player “earn” a cup. How about playing some defense?
Have you even been watching any Oilers games? They have been one of the top defensive teams since November.

Reactions: rhino71

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
Canucks are out, hard to care going forward, no pony in this race. I just don't have it in me anymore to follow the playoffs (or care about other teams) as closely as I used to, particularly during summer weather. They need to start the season a month earlier.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Have you even been watching any Oilers games? They have been one of the top defensive teams since November.

It is easier to regurgitate a worn-out narrative. Also, safer when lurking in the salt mines.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s not too late Canada.

The very fabric of our country can still be saved. The door to the Oilers bandwagon is wide open for any true patriots.

Game 1 in the books. The Cup Drought will fall. Be part of history or be left staring from the sidelines.

Reactions: PuckG

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It’s not too late Canada.

The very fabric of our country can still be saved. The door to the Oilers bandwagon is wide open for any true patriots.

Game 1 in the books. The Cup Drought will fall. Be part of history or be left staring from the sidelines.
There's a fundamental misunderstanding here. When people talk about "bring the Cup back to Canada", they don't give a flying f*** about all those other teams; the objective is to motivate their team to be the one that gets those bragging rights. If y'all pull it off, you'll be far from lauded for it - you'll be outright hated by next to everybody for having the audacity to take that prized opportunity away from them.

They're not going to join you. They'll hate you for it instead. Because it was never Canada they truly cared about.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There's a fundamental misunderstanding here. When people talk about "bring the Cup back to Canada", they don't give a flying f*** about all those other teams; the objective is to motivate their team to be the one that gets those bragging rights. If y'all pull it off, you'll be far from lauded for it - you'll be outright hated by next to everybody for having the audacity to take that prized opportunity away from them.

They're not going to join you. They'll hate you for it instead. Because it was never Canada they truly cared about.
For lots of people that’s exactly how they will treat this. Especially around here where allegiances to the local team and hate for neighboring teams is high. But for some, they will realize that Canada in Hockey MUST be SAVED, and will jump on the Oil Wagon.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Harder truth has never been spoken.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Florida is a bunch of diving, flopping, dirty pukes. They're like the 2011 Canucks, (minus the actual fan-base).

That said, I hope they beat the Rangers, because f*** NY, and also, the Panthers losing in the Finals again is the most pain I can wish on them and all 27 of their fans.

As for Edmonton, I'm an old bitter Bruins fan, and I still haven't gotten over the '88 and '90 Finals, lol, so I guess it's Dallas for me.

Plus it's always fun to see a long time player like Pavelski, finally break through and win one at the end of his career.
What a whiny bitch of a post, lmao.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad