Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Fanatics flex fit NHL hats might be the worst fit I've ever tried on by a "legit" hat company with a license like this.

I tried on 15 different S/M Flex fit hats of theirs, all new mind you, each one was different and not by a little, but a lot. I still don't get how blokes here want to act like the NHL is going to jump up in revenue to compete with the big leagues all the while having a licensing company that is worse than chinese made knock-offs.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Washington in the NFL went by Washington Football Team (WFT) for a couple of seasons and when they changed to the Washington Commanders, many fans wish they were WFT again lol

I wonder if they just end up keeping Utah HC, I know they said they wouldn't but I wouldn't be surprised if it's considered
I think part of the dynamic with the WFT/Commanders controversy was the 90+ years of the community attachment to the Washington Redskins.

“Washington Football Team” feels like less of a departure from tradition than Commanders, and is even generic enough that it could‘ve referred to the team while they were still the Redskins.

Since Utah has no prior history, I don’t think moving to a new nickname will face the same resistance

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Good timing. I'm pushing 40 and my interest in buying jerseys has faded, plus my son is at the age where anything we buy him would be good for a year at most, so not really feeling compelled to fork over a load of dough for a jersey even if they were high quality. The stuff I saw at Comiskey a week ago was underwhelming, too.

Granted, I didn't see a masterpiece there like this even though the A's were the road team.

View attachment 909334
I thought this was photoshopped, but it's real. I'd like the Ass hat, please!

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Fanatics flex fit NHL hats might be the worst fit I've ever tried on by a "legit" hat company with a license like this.

I tried on 15 different S/M Flex fit hats of theirs, all new mind you, each one was different and not by a little, but a lot. I still don't get how blokes here want to act like the NHL is going to jump up in revenue to compete with the big leagues all the while having a licensing company that is worse than chinese made knock-offs.

You mean to tell me this doesnt scream quality
A slight gust of wind and even a light rain and that logo is on the ground.
4yojibe3vdib1.jpg

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I hate Fanatics but selling the actual authentics for the first time in a while is actually a huge W.

Yes, they are expensive but if they are like the Reebok authentics were, they will be absolutely worth it.

I have a couple Bruins Reebok authentics from back in like 2010 (I think they were ~$375 at the time) and they still look fresh off of the shelf, not a single thread out of place.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
People continue to ignore the facts of the MLB issue.

That was a Nike issue. Everything about that disaster is on that shit company Nike. Fanatics is the easy scapegoat, and Nike being garbage doesn't mean Fanatics is high quality, but the MLB jersey blame was incorrect this entire time.

I know it's absurd to imagine a company unashamed of child labor and endorsing some real losers would make a crap product, but it's true.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Luckily New Era is back and partnered with the NHL after a hiatus of several years.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
People continue to ignore the facts of the MLB issue.

That was a Nike issue. Everything about that disaster is on that shit company Nike. Fanatics is the easy scapegoat, and Nike being garbage doesn't mean Fanatics is high quality, but the MLB jersey blame was incorrect this entire time.

I know it's absurd to imagine a company unashamed of child labor and endorsing some real losers would make a crap product, but it's true.
Yeah, Fanatics has had spectacularly lousy quality control with fan apparel, but the MLB uniform thing was using the precise fabric and pattern Nike ordered them to use. It was not a stock fabric, it was a Nike exclusive fabric designed by Nike engineers. They apparently also raised concerns with Nike before production and Nike insisted they proceed with that fabric.

From the interviews with the Fanatics leadership we saw earlier in the offseason, it sounds like they were genuinely embarrassed that their reputation led to them taking the blame regardless of the fact that that one had been *entirely* Nike's fault, and have been working really hard to make sure that doesn't happen with the NHL contract.

And so far, so good. We started hearing about the MLB debacle during the pitchers and catchers phase of spring training, and we're already into playing preseason games, and I haven't heard of anyone having issues yet.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Like everyone connected to the jersey industry predicted, the new fanatics jerseys are the exact same as the adidas jerseys sine 2017 minus the adidas trademark/copyright designs ( 3 stripes on practice jerseys and dimples.)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I really hope the League actually thought this thing through, because if the NHL goes through something similar to what we saw with MLB, it could be very bad for the NHL.

When does/has this clownshoe league ever think or thought…things through rationally??

All this league cares about is $$$ and how to fleece more and more of it from fans.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
When does/has this clownshoe league ever think or thought…things through rationally??

All this league cares about is $$$ and how to fleece more and more of it from fans.
The prevailing view is that major sports leagues primarily aim to increase their profits. This emphasis on financial success is frequently considered the main motivator for their business strategies and choices. Decisions that benefit their customers are often few and far between.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Yeah, Fanatics has had spectacularly lousy quality control with fan apparel, but the MLB uniform thing was using the precise fabric and pattern Nike ordered them to use. It was not a stock fabric, it was a Nike exclusive fabric designed by Nike engineers. They apparently also raised concerns with Nike before production and Nike insisted they proceed with that fabric.

From the interviews with the Fanatics leadership we saw earlier in the offseason, it sounds like they were genuinely embarrassed that their reputation led to them taking the blame regardless of the fact that that one had been *entirely* Nike's fault, and have been working really hard to make sure that doesn't happen with the NHL contract.

And so far, so good. We started hearing about the MLB debacle during the pitchers and catchers phase of spring training, and we're already into playing preseason games, and I haven't heard of anyone having issues yet.
Nike had the same problems when they switched the NBA jerseys to a similar type of material in 2017-18 as well that seems to be forgotten about. Fanatics horrible QC on the retail side gave fans an easy target from blame in the MLB debacle despite the blame falling solely on Nike for the material and the design template

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
CCM jerseys from 20 years ago still look brand new if taken care of. Fanatics jerseys are “planned” obsolete in two years.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
CCM jerseys from 20 years ago still look brand new if taken care of. Fanatics jerseys are “planned” obsolete in two years.
just not true.

you are making stuff up with your planed obsolete in two years comment.

Any jersey will look great if properly cared for. I have CCM's from 1992 that look like trash with logo all crinkled and fabric pilling. I have RBK's from 2010 that look great and Adidas from 2017 that are perfectly fine.

CCM ultrafil jersey pill extremely easily. BUT the reason why CCM hold up well is because they are from a different era and made in CANADA.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
just not true.

you are making stuff up with your planed obsolete in two years comment.

Any jersey will look great if properly cared for. I have CCM's from 1992 that look like trash with logo all crinkled and fabric pilling. I have RBK's from 2010 that look great and Adidas from 2017 that are perfectly fine.

CCM ultrafil jersey pill extremely easily. BUT the reason why CCM hold up well is because they are from a different era and made in CANADA.
If ranking I’d go CCM, Adidas then Fanatics

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
saw the new fanatics jerseys at the practice arena

the main material looks and feels similar, but some of the little things like the nhl shield in the middle and other things just looked lower quality which bothers me.
Was around the same price as before.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I would rank CCM lower than RBK

in terms of comfort to wear

RBK edge 1.0
RBK edge 2.0
Adidas MIC/Indo
CCM

The CCM wizard robes aren't a favourite of mine.
I’m not ranking on comfort, I’m using quality and looks. Cheaper logos / patches on RBK as well, all to make them lighter.
Lighter does mean more comfortable though.

Did not like the piping on RBK ones either.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I’m not ranking on comfort, I’m using quality and looks. Cheaper logos / patches on RBK as well, all to make them lighter.
Lighter does mean more comfortable though.

Did not like the piping on RBK ones either.
im talking jerseys, the professional on ice ones, since thats the majority of my collection. The piping on RBK edges do suck but the jerseys are super comfy, stretchy and feel really nice to wear. As far as im concerned all replica jerseys suck.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad