Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I liked the Adidas jerseys, so that’s sort of a bummer. Though the adidas gear outside of the jerseys was underwhelming, thought the shirts and jackets fit like crap. All the gear worn by the players is fanatics also so it’s not a huge change

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Feels like there's been a lot of changeover in the last decade or so, with regards to the NHL's "official" jersey suppliers.

Also, really looking forward to the next round of third jerseys for every single team they'll inevitably roll out in the offseason. :shakehead

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
That f***ing sucks. I have a ton of fanatics jerseys from when I first started collecting and as soon as I realized the difference in quality from the authentic ones I never bought another fanatics.

They better put out a better product than they have now. Their jerseys are great for a casual fan who just wants one and doesn’t want to spend the authentic $. But that’s about it

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They make absolute trash. I hope they just put their logo on the current jerseys. Anything they actually make won’t last a game, let alone a season.

I’d expect this type of partnership from the pro bowling league, not the NHL.

Edit: At least there’s this:

“Fanatics said Tuesday it will manufacture the new NHL uniforms in Canada at the same factory that had been making the NHL’s on-ice uniforms for the last three decades. Over the next 18 months, the company said, it will build teams and expand resources in preparation for the rollout.”

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I am gutted by this.

The NFL, NBA & MLB all have Nike and was praying for some Nike NHL jersey's but we instead go from Adidas to Fanatics for 10 years..??

Such a backwards step to a company that has a reputation with poor quality.

Such a shame.
I've seen rumours of Under Armour or maybe Warrior getting the next deal, so yeah this is pretty disappointing.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
I am gutted by this.

The NFL, NBA & MLB all have Nike and was praying for some Nike NHL jersey's but we instead go from Adidas to Fanatics for 10 years..??

Such a backwards step to a company that has a reputation with poor quality.

Such a shame.
Why are you surprised? Both gatoraid and poweraid didn’t want the nhl. It’s still treat like an afterthought on ESPN even thought they have the rights. EA puts crap quality because of how low selling nhl games are. Big mainstream brands don’t want the nhl because the nhl continues to be a Canadian ol boys club who don’t market there star players.

Reactions: Rabid Ranger

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The knock offs are $180 now?

It’s not a coincidence that I just cannot bring myself to give a shit about the NHL this year.
Yes Fanatics are beginning to sell their bullshit quality ones for $180, we saw it first hand in Raleigh for the outdoor game. The logos have multiple components that are heat pressed/single stitched together as well as the numbers, but for the most part it is still very much an inferior product to Adidas.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I've seen rumours of Under Armour or maybe Warrior getting the next deal, so yeah this is pretty disappointing.
UA is not doing well financially.

Says jerseys will be made aded in Canada? That's atleast a good start
The on-ice jerseys have been made in the same factory in Canada for awhile. They simply change the manufacturer logo and keep 95% of the rest of the jerseys as is. So the on-ice jerseys aren't the concern. The retail product is the concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad