Fanatics jerseys will still look like Adidas next year

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Worst era of NHL jerseys ever. I mean the piping looks awful. View attachment 885805
Beyond the piping, they have all the creativity and pop of a practice jersey.

Dishonorable mention to Dallas's edge jerseys. No piping, but also about as bland as a communion wafer. These and the Oilers Edges are probably my least favorite uniforms of all time.

Stars10-1.png

Reactions: Vilam and cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Piping-palooza wasn’t kind to a few teams’ looks.
The Avs and Oilers were already mentioned.
I personally think the Sabres Buffaslug era was forgettable.
These two were also not spared from vertical piping-palooza.

I suppose a Thank You to Adidas is in order for restoring some of the teams back to better sets.
The Buffaslug pre-dated the Edge transition, but forgettable is a very kind way to describe it.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
The Buffaslug pre-dated the Edge transition, but forgettable is a very kind way to describe it.
You’re right. Buffaslug first made their appearance during that CCM 550/RBK 6100 transition year. (I just remember they had the vector logos on the back when they debuted)

But, yikes. Someone mentioned the RBK era were basically glorified practice jerseys. Poor Buffalo got the brunt of that “practice jersey” treatment.
9EB073CE-6845-4968-AF1B-1D0242FFA1F4.jpeg

0D4E8405-CA74-43DE-9EB9-AD10E2370FB6.jpeg

Those were silly enough.
They went on to mess up the return to the classic Sabres jersey by adding superfluous piping and the wrong shade of blue.
5A2E282C-503D-400B-8474-BC00C6465162.jpeg

RBK missed the mark on these for me so much that I considered Buffalo wordmark jersey to be an improvement.
BF0D09DD-F6BC-4476-8DA2-DBB6918FA005.jpeg

Honorable mention. But I think most of us jersey nerds have purged the Buffalo banana monstrosity from our collective memories.
DC76CC1E-6389-40FD-9B69-00CCFF35CB89.jpeg

04344D87-55C8-4DE9-A869-53BC46B690C9.jpeg

Last edited:

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Are they adding more ads to the jerseys? I’m worried they are just gonna slowly keep adding ads each year until they look like those trash euro jerseys.

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Are they adding more ads to the jerseys? I’m worried they are just gonna slowly keep adding ads each year until they look like those trash euro jerseys.
I hope it doesn't reach Euro jersey level. I know we’ve all seen those garish jerseys.
Though, there’s always a possibility to sell more space on jerseys where they can find prime real estate. So, who knows to what extent.

Watching these Cup Finals, I’m starting to notice how cluttered the Panthers jerseys are. The company ad, the Cup patch, A or C patches. Shoulder Yoke numbers. Side shoulder patches. This doesnt even count the helmet advertising. There’s a lot going on.

C9EBC9FE-4B37-49D7-8B7E-FD90B9460433.jpeg

0CAD0F48-ECC5-48A3-92CB-CC2551D00E49.jpeg

I feel this is a good indicator of how “Euro” the NHL jerseys could start looking with so many elements gradually being slapped on.

Has anyone else been noticing this?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Reebok claimed they lacked the manufacturing capability to make the star pattern. So a "design" had to be clip-art thrown together at the last second. Talk about something that will be nostalgia-proof. :laugh:
Thats pretty BS when the jerseys were still made in the same factory.

RBK messed with the jerseys too much and the patterns they used for thier template that was forced on all teams meant teams had to go without thier identity.

Jul 6, 2016
I saw a post in the business forum about Fanatics will continue to make Adidas jerseys for the 2024-25 season..

This means the collars will still look the same..

I know I hate the way Adidas jerseys look, especially the collars..

So I know the jerseys will still look the same despite Fanatics taking over next year.
Me too, I hate the collars, especially on the Habs’ home jersey.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB

I would guess so. Started with helmets, moved to jerseys (and of course on the front where it clutters things with anniversary/SCF patches and the A/C), and I feel like it's a slippery slope of no return.

Even if not this year, more and more will be coming as the years go on. It's disgusting.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Worst era of NHL jerseys ever. I mean the piping looks awful. View attachment 885805

Yeah. The piping era was just awful, and the oilers were one of the casualties.

I don't think the copper jerseys get that much love, but I honestly believe the CCM versions of these are the best iteration that they ever had..... until post lockout when this happened.

I feel like people forget how sharp the ccms were before this, and instead attribute the copper jersey to this piping era.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You’re right. Buffaslug first made their appearance during that CCM 550/RBK 6100 transition year. (I just remember they had the vector logos on the back when they debuted)

But, yikes. Someone mentioned the RBK era were basically glorified practice jerseys. Poor Buffalo got the brunt of that “practice jersey” treatment.
View attachment 885937
View attachment 885938

Those were silly enough.
They went on to mess up the return to the classic Sabres jersey by adding superfluous piping and the wrong shade of blue.
View attachment 885940

RBK missed the mark on these for me so much that I considered Buffalo wordmark jersey to be an improvement.
View attachment 885942

Honorable mention. But I think most of us jersey nerds have purged the Buffalo banana monstrosity from our collective memories.
View attachment 885950
View attachment 885951
Buffalo had SOOOO many misses during this time period. They literally did everything they could to avoid the inevitable return the their OG look and colours and released every version under the sun until 2021.

I should also add the Buffalsug IMO is a good jersey with good colours, the reverse retro was a beautiful.

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Buffalo had SOOOO many misses during this time period. They literally did everything they could to avoid the inevitable return the their OG look and colours and released every version under the sun until 2021.

I should also add the Buffalsug IMO is a good jersey with good colours, the reverse retro was a beautiful.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the colors of the Buffaslug era. They work well. It’s just Buffalo moving away from their royal blue shade to a more darker navy was a questionable move.

Prior to the Buffaslug, Buffalo fans complained about the goathead’s black/red/white scheme and wanted the return to blue. But instead, Buffalo/RBK gave them a palette that was close to the Preds’ dark blue/yellow/silvergray indentity rather than going straight back to their classic royal blue.
65BD07E1-D7D6-40A5-B195-96D0689A7A36.jpeg

A75F1340-7675-4D23-9825-B554582C81EF.jpeg

Buffalo just took the long scenic route to go back to their great colors.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
Piping-palooza wasn’t kind to a few teams’ looks.
The Avs and Oilers were already mentioned.
I personally think the Sabres Buffaslug era was forgettable.
These two were also not spared from vertical piping-palooza.

I suppose a Thank You to Adidas is in order for restoring some of the teams back to better sets.
View attachment 885858
View attachment 885857
those nashville ones were a killer...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad