Faceoff: Inside the NHL Premieres Oct 4th on Prime Video

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I like how what's her face called the Leafs core four "four generational talents" :laugh: The talking heads from the "analysts" are pretty awful.

It's nice to see the behind the scenes stuff with the players. The less actual in-game stuff the better as we've already seen it, unless of course it's stuff on the bench like the "stop crying" comment from Willy.
Generational in terms of choking in playoffs

Reactions: The Expert

Nathaniel Skywalker

DIG IN!!! RiGHT NOW!!!
Oct 18, 2013
Strange how they focused on Nylander for the leafs. Even saying the pressure of winning the cup fans put on his shoulder. When papi is clearly the franchise player.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Okay, so highlighting the Bos/Tor Game 7 (2024 edition) in the first episode wasn't cruel enough for Leafs fans that they went did it *again* in episode 3? I've never seen a sports documentary series, ever, where they focused on one specific game in two different episodes.

Man, the doc makers must just hate the Leafs. I'm talking someone in a Leafs jersey must have burned their house to the ground-level hate. The one small consolation prize was watching the B's get knocked out by the Panthers. Twice.

Reactions: johan f

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Pretty boring but that's expected making a series on hockey players. I'm on episode 4 and struggling to finish it

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Watched the first 2 and really enjoyed the episode with Forsberg.

Skipped ahead to the last two episodes - pretty tough watch as an Oilers fan, but pretty well done imo. I said it after his first year in FLA, but this series only served to increase my respect for Matthew Tkachuk. Guy's a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad